+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

CCL

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

See, to me, Jourdan is nothing like Laura except for the hair colour and both being white women.
    I like Don's look. I'd be ok with him going far.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

J is not like Laura to me either, and I like Don
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hey, I'm not saying that you can't tell one from the other; I'm just saying they gave Jourdan the same makeover as they gave Laura. Both started as long-haired brunettes, both wound up as blondes with the same hair length-- as opposed to, say, Jourdan getting a shorter 'do and keeping her color or going something other than blonde.

And how many blondes did we end up with after the makeovers? Minus two, plus one: Alexandra (?) came in with the look Jourdan has now and was made a brunette-- basically "swapping looks" with Jourdan-- and Nina went from platinum to red.

I suppose this really may not matter at all anymore-- especially now that the viewers are supposedly "having a say" in picking the winner-- but it seemed there was a tendency at one point in ANTM past for the winner to have a different "look" each cycle-- at least during the Cover Girl sponsorship.

As far as whether or not Jourdan can walk, unless I missed something by not seeing the first half pf the premierer and the makeovers episode, I think the only time they've been shown walking was "stunt walk" challenges-- down the side of a building in one, and onto a rotating turntable in the other.

One reason I really regret losing Ms J is that early on, there was always an evaluation of basic walks, and we knew who needed work or not and could watch for progress during the cycle. Remember Shandi in C2?
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 09-16-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Duckyface likes this.

I think Nina is a cutie, I prefer her hair red, It really suits her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I totally agree on both counts about Nina-- she's very pixie-ish!

They give Phil those stupid extensions and then complain he is too Jesus looking. Make him clean cut and see if he still comes off as a dork. I think he probably is a dork but he could model menswear if he wasn't so strangely styled.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Yeah, they have a really bad tendency to give models severe makeovers, then complain about it like it's the model's fault-- like shaving a model's head or giving her a mohawk, and then saying, "She can do 'fierce' fine, but she can't pull off being something 'soft' like a fairy princess or a little girl."

However, notice that Tyra trimmed Phil's beard before the latest shoot and pulled his hair back. I think the extensions will go if he stays in much longer, possibly followed by getting clean shaven for a completely new look. If that gets combined with a "talk to Mommy Tyra, why are you like this, Phil?" moment, he's probably the winner or at least F3.
    tbamom likes this.

I hope Renee doesn't get the bey-otch edit. I like her more than Jourdan and I would like to keep it that way. That whole thing with the frog was just childish.

I'm glad Alexandria came back over one of the more recently eliminated girls just because I haven't seen as much from her. I sincerely hope that Jeremy is the guy that comes back. I can't take looking any more at Phil's nasty weave and I never could stand Mike's nasty attitude!!

I'd be okay with Phil coming back IF they got rid of the weave. I think he's hot without it. He clearly has no clue how to take care of it, so it looks like he's got a dead animal on his head.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Even though Renee is taking great pictures, I think she is a bey-otch. Too bad. Still like Cory and hate Jourdan. You can see that Phil really, really wants to come back, but if he does, I agree, those extension have to go.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread