+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Love Cory, can't stand Jourdan. I bet she wins this, though.
    I think she could, but it all seems to set up for her to win. I think Corey should win, at least he doesn't have the personality of a wet blanket ( Jourdan)
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

I like Corey and he has an interesting look. But I don't think he will win. Jourdan will win, possibly Renee. If they decide they have to have a guy winner, Marvin will win. Though he was annoying me with all his crying. They didn't off Jeremy and Kanani, he'll see them again afterwards. I don't know how he'd handle being sent to different countries for months on end by his agency.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I like Corey and he has an interesting look. But I don't think he will win. Jourdan will win, possibly Renee. If they decide they have to have a guy winner, Marvin will win. Though he was annoying me with all his crying. They didn't off Jeremy and Kanani, he'll see them again afterwards. I don't know how he'd handle being sent to different countries for months on end by his agency.
    Marvin has a lot of growing up to do, he's insecure, and friendships will be his downfall. Same thing with Chris and Nina, at least Nina is able to separate why she is there - & Chris is way too broody
    -Andy Rooney-

Originally Posted by CCL
    I like Corey and he has an interesting look. But I don't think he will win. Jourdan will win, possibly Renee. If they decide they have to have a guy winner, Marvin will win.
    Marvin seemed like the "ordained winner" at one point from the edit/comments he was getting, but IMO he's showing too much weakness in his photos and personality. I guess it depends on whether he pulls it together in the next few episodes; his main weakness seems to be his face is great from one angle, not so much in others. IIRC, this is the main thing that killed Nik in C5, but then they overlooked it for Danielle in C6.

Jourdan seems too close to last cycle's winner, Laura-- bleached blonde with bad personality and all. OTOH, just like Laura, she is a reasonably good model (and kudos to her-- or ANTM's photo retouchers-- for making her somewhat short neck look long in this week's photo).

I'm not highly motivated by any of the remaining models, but the whole cycle has been so "meh" to me from Day One that I don't have a favorite for once. I mostly just find myself boggled by who stays in over others who get cut.

Like I said above, Phil's probably going to stay in for the drama, plus I strongly suspect he's got a look someone at Guess or Next likes.

As for who gets to return, I guess I'm leaning towards Kanani (love her face, though she's a little short) and my partner towards Jeremy (who I somewhat like, though I recognize his weaknesses).

I will admit this about this cycle-- it's surprising how most of the in-house drama this time is brought by the straight guys while the girls and the openly gay guy seem mostly stable.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 09-14-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Love Cory, can't stand Jourdan. I bet she wins this, though.
    I hope not. I honestly might feel worse for her ex than I do for her at this point.

I've discovered that Chris H also has a pretty large fanbase, which was kind of surprising. I don't hate him, but I don't like him much either.

Go Cory!
    Coco46 and wannasee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I hope not. I honestly might feel worse for her ex than I do for her at this point.

I've discovered that Chris H also has a pretty large fanbase, which was kind of surprising. I don't hate him, but I don't like him much either.

Go Cory!
    Chris does? good for him. He's another one with a story that keeps coming up.I feel sorry for Jourdans ex as well
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

I like Chris H ok. I think he's second choice for a male winner after Marvin. I think he's done some stupid stuff but others also seem to gang up on him. I don't know why Marvin was going off on him this week, for example.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I might be misremembering, but I think Marvin was going off on Chris H because when he was still in total meltdown mode after Jeremy got eliminated, Chris H basically told him he needed to just get over it.

And he was right-- based on Marvin's reaction, if this was your first exposure ever to ANTM, you'd think "getting eliminated" meant "execution by firing squad in front of the remaining contestants," not "sent out of camera range for the remainder of the cycle, unless you get picked to come back, in which case you get to be on camera again."

I'm not sure about Marvin and Chris H being the top male choices. They both have perhaps the best male bodies of the remaining contestants combined with great faces. However, both of them are too hit-and-miss with their posing, and both seem to have faces that only look great from one angle and one expression-- they do "fierce" great, but both look different and less attractive when they do a big smile.

And not only are they starting to get criticized on their limitations, but they're both getting the "too high-strung to work in this business" edit. Still, both have limitations that could be "fixed," so-- assuming they pull it together-- either one could make it to F3, and both stand a good chance of going on the trip as part of the F6.

Phil, OTOH, seems to be a case of a basically good body for modeling (with a little more work) with completely the wrong mind for modeling inhabiting it. I'm not even sure he wants to be anything more than "outrageous reality show guy who gets an extra 15 minutes of fame"-- IOW, this year's Puck.

Corey has a lot of good qualities and is generally perhaps the best model of the guys on performance, but he has a built-in limitation on the "androgynous" factor. He's great for certain campaigns but wrong for others. I'm wondering if he added a little muscle and did something different with his eyebrows, if it would help him shift a little more to "manly" when needed; right now, I don't think he totally sells it as just a "regular guy".

And then there's Don. I really don't like the tattoos, but they may be a plus in some campaigns and can be hidden or retouched when necessary. Like Corey, he could also stand to put on a bit more muscle in the shoulders and pecs; however, he's got a really good face with compelling eyes. (Actually, his eyes are sort of "feminine", with arched brows and long lashes, but balanced by more masculine facial features. This is what they need to try to find some way to bring out just a little more in Corey.)

However, Don's performance is just sort of "middle-of-the-pack", and he's not been any focus of drama so far. That's why I think he's kind of a "stealth candidate" for F3, and could even win it by simply not getting eliminated, like Saleisha in C9.

As for the three girls, Jourdan's performances are overall better than Renee or Nina, but she's too much like a repeat of Laura from C19; I think which girls get eliminated will largely depend on who comes back and how the F6 who go on the trip is balanced. I guess "3 guys/3 girls" is expected, but it could be "1 girl vs. 5 guys".

But, hey-- I've always been terrible at predicting this show, so what do I know?
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 09-15-2013 at 03:08 PM.

I wonder if Jourdan can walk I don't recall if we have seen her, she is getting too cocky, she needs to be taken down a couple of notches( not winning every week will do that )
    Coco46 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Jourdan bugs me because she always tries to play the victim.In her marriage and in her interactions in the house.I hated when she compared her bad marriage to Chris' home situation.UMMM no Jourdan.Chris did not choose to have a crappy mother,you however chose to marry your husband.Not the same situation at all.Better luck next time.
    wannasee and JohnnyK like this.

+ Reply to Thread