+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Victoria - Cycle 19

Re: Victoria - Cycle 19

I'm a week or so behind, but I had to laugh at her description of the "I'm a b*tch, no you're a b*tch, no I'm a REAL b*tch...what kind of an argument is that?" situation. She nailed it.
    beerbelly, Hyper, Shoepie and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm a week or so behind, but I had to laugh at her description of the "I'm a b*tch, no you're a b*tch, no I'm a REAL b*tch...what kind of an argument is that?" situation. She nailed it.
    LOL! I know I thought the very same thing!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I can easily see why some of us would find Victoria annoying and off-putting, but I really like her-- though when they were first introducing her, I went "Uh-oh." Having grown up not far from the actual campus of Liberty University and having known a number of its students, I was expecting Robyn II-- judgmental and waving a KJV at everyone-- but she's not like that.

Yeah, she's got some weird personality issues, particularly with the mother thing. (And for all we know, maybe her mom encouraged her to do ANTM to put some distance between them so she'd learn to leave the nest.) But overall, I put her in the same "lovably odd duck" category as Allison with her nosebleed obsession or Laura's Meemaw couture and lack of indoor plumbing.

I also give Victoria kudos for doing an entire character (Sharon Osbourne accent and all) in the Tyler Perry chsllenge and staying in it even when being pelted with french fries by an obviously cholesterol-conscious street person. She could've done a big "I did what you told me to do and I got attacked! Where's my Mommy?" meltdown, but didn't. And for someone who's getting flak here for having issues with leaving Mom for another person, she seems pretty confident with being nearly naked while being embraced by a scantily-clad man.

And after the "I'm a b*tch, no you're a b*tch, no I'm a REAL b*tch...what kind of an argument is that?" comment, I'm starting to suspect her early to-the-camera announcement that she was part Native American, part Jewish, "and if you don't vote for me, you're just a big racist" was said with tongue in cheek. (OTOH, she used her ethnicity as a justification for not doing the makeover, so maybe she wasn't kidding.)

But anyway, Victoria's become one of my favorites-- I guess currently my top pick after Leila got eliminated and Laura revealed she's still a Plastic at heart-- and unless she hits some wall and crashes, I think she'll be F3 at least.

hate to break this to you, but Victoria has likely never set foot on the campus of Liberty University. she is an online student.

FORT Fogey

She has impeccable grammar. It is nice to hear someone using the proper "ly" suffix on their adverbs. Good job of home schooling mom! And she never starts a sentence with the word "me."
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    hate to break this to you, but Victoria has likely never set foot on the campus of Liberty University. she is an online student.
    I'm quite aware of that, especially since so much has been made of it. That's why I referred to the "actual campus of Liberty University" in my post.

However, there are a number of other online universities to choose from, and if you go to the website of Liberty University, their mission statement is upfront and quite clear: "Training Champions for Christ since 1971."

While I'm sure she could have had other reasons for choosing LU online, I don't think it's unreasonable to have initially expected Victoria to have been another Robyn.

And while she mentions her Jewish heritage upfront, there are Christian converts who think of themselves as "completed" Jews and retain strong ties to their cultural roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She has impeccable grammar. It is nice to hear someone using the proper "ly" suffix on their adverbs. Good job of home schooling mom! And she never starts a sentence with the word "me."
    She is so highly strung. I don't know if she is cut out for this modeling world. I still like her, but I hate to see her meltdown each week
    Allie and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Hi there. I do like Victoria but if this is what home schooling does to a child, please don't do it!

Okay this is not a good picture of home schooling but I am joking. I know this is a very serious case of not only home schooling, but also someone who has been sheltered too much, I think mum might be part of a kind of a religion but I have not read this whole thread.
    Her dependence on her mum is very scary and not good. I am a single mum of a daughter of 22 who raised her daughter all alone. We love each other and miss each other quite fast, but not like this.

The weird thing is though that Victoria knows a lot about what is going on in the world. I do think her social skills are not even that bad, but I do worry for her.It feels that something is not right..

I said this on the other thread, and I'll repeat it here.

I think what we're getting with Victoria is an edit that amps up her "instability" by focusing on any possible footage showing her "fragility" and "dependence on Mom," coupled with a bunch of competitors all too eager to see her go making negative on-camera comments.

[ANTM has done this before, and they've been called on it back in the days when FORT got interviews with the eliminated models. In C8 (Jaslene), Rene was shown to be a competitive b!tch that went after Whitney, a plus-size model (not the one who won a later cycle), taunting her that no plus-size model would EVER be in VOGUE.

Whitney said in her interview that she was appalled at the edit, because she considered Rene to be the "Mom" of the house (she had a toddler-age boy) and not mean at all. She also said she and Rene were actually close during thir time in the house and they were just joking around when that footage was taken, and the show totally distorted the reality through selective editing.

Models have also complained in their exit interviews that they were goaded into making on-camera comments that they didn't really mean. This is probably why the show clamped down on the interviews we once got here.]

Also, we've seen plenty of model meltdowns in the past. A lot of these girls have never even shared a room with another person, let alone a large group of competitors. Add this to the stress of eliminations and the nearly 24/7 presence of a camera crew, and I think a LOT more crying on the phone occurs than we're ever shown.

I think Victoria's a bit of an "odd duck"-- maybe a better word would be "an original"-- but I think she's much stronger than they're making it appear, and I think she has a strong chance of winning.
    Florimel and Hyper like this.

I think Victoria's a bit of an "odd duck"-- maybe a better word would be "an original"-- but I think she's much stronger than they're making it appear, and I think she has a strong chance of winning.
    Very odd, I am just not sure she has what it takes .She should channel some of what she has into acting.
    Allie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast