+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Victoria - Cycle 19

Re: Victoria - Cycle 19

I've only watched the first show, and yes, she made me cringe. Although, I did feel sorry for her while she was listening to the other girls mock her. Was she really sitting that close, and didn't they notice? Yikes. I think she's photogenic but most definitely weird, and yes her relationship with her Mom is a little odd.

Ok, now I'm watching the 2nd show and.........she's nuts. She'll never have a boyfriend because she gets all the emotional support she needs from her mother? That is one messed up dependent girl right there. Yikes.
    Shoepie and jessesmom like this.

I was waiting for you to watch the second episode, sweetpea! The first episode just gives you the tip of the iceberg with Victoria. She seems quirky and odd in episode 1. In episode 2, she's crazy. I actually feel sorry for her. Her mother has done a HORRIBLE job preparing her for life. She should be ashamed of herself. It's one thing to have a close relationship with your child, but Victoria doesn't seem to have any kind of relationship with anyone BUT her mother. There's some MAJOR dysfunction going on there.
    sweetpea, Shoepie and Dukie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Major dysfunction. She's not going to last long in this house, the other girls are going to eat her alive. You can see by her THs that she's got a super-inflated idea of herself, thanks to her Mom, no doubt. A harsh critique will throw her over the edge, IMO.

I feel like Tyra bumps up the score with her vote to keep people. This girl needs some help. I'd guess she left school because she was bullied for her weirdness and mummy became her crutch (I'd also guess that mum is socially dysfunctional and encourages this neediness). This is the type of character that makes me wish reality TV had less manipulation just to hook viewers. There is no way any agency is going to want this girl in the real world so why pretend?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I feel like Tyra bumps up the score with her vote to keep people. This girl needs some help. I'd guess she left school because she was bullied for her weirdness and mummy became her crutch (I'd also guess that mum is socially dysfunctional and encourages this neediness). This is the type of character that makes me wish reality TV had less manipulation just to hook viewers. There is no way any agency is going to want this girl in the real world so why pretend?
    While I agree with you.I really loved her last photo shoot..It was one of the better ones. Plus when they the others were arguing and calling out the B word, she thought them ignorant & juvenile
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was surprised at how readily she jumped in for the (partially) nude photo shoot. I was expecting her to freak out. I think she is really an odd duck, and I also think she'll go far in the competition.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I was surprised at how readily she jumped in for the (partially) nude photo shoot. I was expecting her to freak out. I think she is really an odd duck, and I also think she'll go far in the competition.
    Especially since the online voters knew nothing about her personality when they voted.

I find her incredibly annoying, but I can't deny that she has great bone structure and, so far, has taken good pictures. I was impressed with how she just jumped in. I laughed when Maria was sitting there clinging to her bathrobe while Victoria lounged around eating her lunch in a pair of panties and those pasties.

It did annoy me that, when she went to call her mother in this last episode, they didn't show it and instead showed footage from that hysterical call the week before. Her hair was down when she headed for the booth and then, all of a sudden, it was up and in a bun. It was clearly footage from the previous episode.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

She is more entertaining than the anger queens we see every season. We have some of those, too, but I hope she sticks around. I don't take this show seriously so an interesting character works for me.
    Photobabe likes this.

There's something about the tone and cadence of her voice that sends me right for the mute button. Plus, she just makes me cringe with her awkwardness. I think she'll be around for a while though, so maybe we'll see other, less annoying, aspects of her personality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast