+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

The voting took place on Facebook while the show was filming.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm watching this week's episode right now. Two things - when did the term "supermodel" get downgraded to mean "swimsuit model"? and is Tyra unaware that steam punk is soooooo last decade?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ah, so their personalitlies are going to figure into their scoring. That is actually a good thing because Tyra never paid attention to that aspect before. I was pleased to see that they were shown footage of the woman who left. And they probably saw the entire rant, not just the clip they showed.

I kind of like this new format but it needs tweaking.

I liked Laura's photo .I think she brings it every week. I am a big fan of Nastasia, I love her hair. Brittany runs hot and cold . The right one went home, I think Yvonne was always angry, she looked sullen for most of her time there

Loved this photo shoot.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Ah, so their personalitlies are going to figure into their scoring. That is actually a good thing because Tyra never paid attention to that aspect before. I was pleased to see that they were shown footage of the woman who left. And they probably saw the entire rant, not just the clip they showed.

I kind of like this new format but it needs tweaking.
    Unless they showed video on FB - and I didn't see any - personality doesn't factor in at all. The FB page has pictures and that's what the fans were commenting on.
    Allie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You mean it was shown on Facebook in real time....months ago???

As you can tell, I do not have a Facebook account. heh

The pictures were and are on FB now. The show is airing just now.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    You mean it was shown on Facebook in real time....months ago???

As you can tell, I do not have a Facebook account. heh
    Hey tinder!

Basically, Tyra & co. selected the girls months ago and they filmed the show then (so they did the photo shoots then as well). They released info and photos on the CW and facebook to generate feedback from fans and get them to vote on the photoshoots while they were filming. As the fans were online voting on the photos the filming was happening but the actual show is only airing now; fans were only voting on the actual photos and had no way of seeing the tv footage or true personalities of many of these contestants.
    So, in a nutshell, the fans only had the opportunity to vote on the photos and never had the opportunity to include personality in their assessment because the show was already filmed. This is why they did a "comeback" competition...if they had omitted one model's photo every few days we would know the exact order of eliminations before the show actually aired.
    Hope this helps!
    DevilTwin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Hey tinder!

Basically, Tyra & co. selected the girls months ago and they filmed the show then (so they did the photo shoots then as well). They released info and photos on the CW and facebook to generate feedback from fans and get them to vote on the photoshoots while they were filming. As the fans were online voting on the photos the filming was happening but the actual show is only airing now; fans were only voting on the actual photos and had no way of seeing the tv footage or true personalities of many of these contestants.
    So, in a nutshell, the fans only had the opportunity to vote on the photos and never had the opportunity to include personality in their assessment because the show was already filmed. This is why they did a "comeback" competition...if they had omitted one model's photo every few days we would know the exact order of eliminations before the show actually aired.
    Hope this helps!
    THANK YOU!!! This helps so much and now I understand why they did a "comeback".

Victoria is an emotional wreck being away from her mama. The entire episode focused on her supposed emotional melt-down, and how she is not eating and the girls are all worried about her. However, there were a few scenes where Victoria was stuffing her face with food, which kind of negates that whole story. She refused the chili because she doesn't eat red meat, and the models all said "you need to eat something!". Such drama!!

I'm beginning to think Victoria wants an career in acting if this modeling thing doesn't work out. She is so OTP most of the time.

Why is that stupid BrianBoy being allowed to voice his opinions on the models and their photo shoots at panel? He needs to shut up.

Why am I watching this trainwreck show each week? Why, why??
    Hyper, CrazyDutchWoman and Coco46 like this.

+ Reply to Thread