+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

I didn't realize that the voting took place before the show aired. It certainly makes sense to do it that way. Thanks for the info.

It's been a long time since I've read in here let alone post in it, but I'm just going to say it:

In spite of what I've seen as overall excellent photos from these models (and some of the more interesting/best idea ones Tyra's had in a while), I haven't even been bothered to watch this season or vote in it.

What helps/hurts too is that it's in Friday's time slot during football season - more often than not a death time slot.

I think that the show has maybe a season more but it's not going to be around much longer. Tyra's stunt stuff like she's doing this season is one of those main reasons.

I'm not a fan of the new scoring format. I really don't care about the opinions from social media being inserted into the judging, whether it is a tweet, post, or video. I am still DVRing the show, but I'm only watching a fraction of it. I've been fast-forwarding through most challenges, drama in the house, and anything involving that weird bearded guy because he is completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    and I was wrong about who it was. I thought for sure it would be Ms Sheltered Homeschooled
    ha no she was just calmly eating her salad buck naked-
    (not really naked, I know but it was funny to see)
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Wow, I can't believe Leila went home tonight! I had her as part of the final 3 with Laura and Brittany. I wouldn't count her out, though. I think she could be the one who's brought be into the competition.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was really surprised, too, but they sure built her up to be a little off base the whole episode. Kinda sad to see. We'll see how her "banished" photos go. I sure felt bad for those male cheerleaders, they should have gotten hazard pay for that shoot! I think my biggest disagreement with the rankings was Ciara - her photo should have been at the bottom because they couldn't even use a pic of her in the air. I guess with her perfect score on the challenge, though, she'd have been very safe.

Okay, finally catching up with this cycle. I had to watch the first 3 eps online due to DVD-R issues (I work evenings and have to timeshift everything), and finally got to see an episode the same night it aired, late last night.

First of all, really not liking "the gimmick". If it was limited to the fan vote being the surprise element in the bottom two judging, it'd be okay. But those video clips of fans weighing in with their expert opinions are beyond annoying. They need to go, as does Bryanboy, who's also annoying.

Which leads me to the new show personnel lineup. Kelly has grown on me, so I'm glad they kept her (though if I had to fire only one person from last season, it would've been her over Nigel and the two Jays).

Johnny Wujek's major claim to fame as "Katy Perry's stylist" means nothing to me, but there doesn't seem to be much of a dip in quality from previous cycles. So far he seems like a reasonably nice guy, but not as appealing as Jay Manuel.

Rob Evans is attractive, I guess (though really not my type) but I don't see much personality yet. British accent and cheekbones and "real man" backstory as a "box-uh" can only get you so far. Not as appealing as Nigel.

As I said before, Bryanboy is annoying and should be cut along with the viewer clips. Viewer comments during the judging can be easily read by Tyra while the photo displays, and that's more than enough.

J'onte is even more annoying than Bryanboy, and is a poor substitute for Ms. J. For a new runway/movement coach, they should've gone with Benny Ninja, who had guested in previous cycles.

As for P'trique... well, hopefully, he's gone for good after having been in the first couple of episodes to add-- uh, Tyra only knows what sort of "cred" Tyra was aiming for. Or maybe Bruce Vilanch caught up with him and took his shtick back. (With a box cutter, I hope.)

As for the photoshoots so far, neither better nor worse results than previous cycles. Using that petite girl from some TV show as a photographer was a low point for the series, though.

And as for the models, put me in the minority that actually likes Victoria. I think she has a great look, somewhat reminiscent of Andie MacDowell, and she may be odd, but she's not a b!tch. Not sure if she can win it, but she'll probably stay for the trip-- assuming there still is one.

I originally liked Laura until this week. Now she's just "tall blonde b!tch" to Kristin's "short blonde b!tch". Which means they'll probably both be kept in for most of the cycle, especially since their social media scores are high. Pretty containers with ugly contents, and did I mention Kristin is the shortest of the bunch?

Yvonne really should've been eliminated the week she was in the bottom two. Pretty but not a model.

Alyssa is pretty but not all that memorable, has decent but not stellar shots. Brittany is cute but often doesn't look like a model outside photos, where she's had mixed results but is generally good.

Kiara is getting ranked way higher than she deserves to be. I just didn't see her winning the Tyler Perry acting challenge (I thought Victoria was much better as the same character and even kept her cool when physically assaulted) nor the runway challenge. Her photos are not very good, but I think she's going to Saleisha her way to the win.

Leila shouldn't have gone home this week (Brittany was worse IMO) but she let the thing with Laura rattle her. Since she seemed like a front-runner at first, I think she's most likely to be the surprise model who returns.

Especially since the other girls who've been axed haven't really performed any better in the post-elimination photos. (I do feel sorry for Destiny, though.)

And since I don't do Facebook, I'm grateful to Critical for adding the post-elimination photos to each week's photo recap. I would've preferred that they included them in each week's show at the end, but I guess that could get clumsy as the number of eliminated girls rises.

And any idea as to when the surprise girl who returns gets to come back? Last-minute add-on to the trip? Maybe the third model in the F3?
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Can't say I like this format at all. I don't get "model" from any of the girls. I can see why Tara and Co. need a gimmick to keep the franchise going......maybe I'm just too old now...
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Can't say I like this format at all. I don't get "model" from any of the girls. I can see why Tara and Co. need a gimmick to keep the franchise going......maybe I'm just too old now...
    Honey, 38 is NOT "too old" for anything. Just wait until you're-- *BIG sigh*-- about the same age as Janice Dickinson, depending on how drunk we are and what we're admitting to on the driver's license this week.

And since I'm having "senior moments," I realized I left Nastasia out of my previous post, even after she just got "best photo of the week." I'm not sure if that's worse for me or her.

She's not bad, but pulling that "you look short" card out on her repeatedly-- when Kristin's actually the shortest of the remaining girls-- is not a good sign... and is she going to get stuck with "Bride of Frankenstein" hair about every other photoshoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow, I can't believe Leila went home tonight! I had her as part of the final 3 with Laura and Brittany. I wouldn't count her out, though. I think she could be the one who's brought be into the competition.

Me too! I thought for sure it would be her and Brittney F2 .I think you are right, she could be the one( so far) that could be brought back. It's so hard not to peek and see who was sent home. Its on here Sunday nights
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread