+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

I caught the beginning of this on Sunday---a repeat day. After the way Tyra treated college gals in earlier cycles, I gagged when I saw her posing at Harvard and she actually said "When I graduated from Harvard..." I am pretty sure she did not get a degree so she did not graduate. She attended a onsite/offsite business program for people in the workforce ( or maybe entrepreneurs LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I caught the beginning of this on Sunday---a repeat day. After the way Tyra treated college gals in earlier cycles, I gagged when I saw her posing at Harvard and she actually said "When I graduated from Harvard..." I am pretty sure she did not get a degree so she did not graduate. She attended a onsite/offsite business program for people in the workforce ( or maybe entrepreneurs LOL).
    It's not any different from Tyra's b.s. about everything else! There's more info about her "graduate program" at Harvard: Tyra Banks Harvard: Tyra Banks A Harvard Business School Graduate? Not! | Breaking News for Black America
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the article. I am sure the second picture in the story ( with her diploma) was the one I saw her actually use for the start of her "college" cycle.

The gossip pages of the Boston newspapers had her mentioned when she was on campus---dining...sightseeing etc. and they specified what her program was in the various stories.

CCL

I'm already tired of the "amazeballs" social media aspect. Is every episode going to have them checking their Facebook pages? And if they start tweeting...sigh.

Rob Evans seems nice and I guess he has some industry knowledge (as much as "world famous photographer Nigel Barker"). The creative director seems nice but he seems to have worked exclusively for Katy Perry; although they talk of him having a celebrity following they only mention her by name. I like Katy Perry but she has a very specific look and I'm not sure how far he will be able to depart from that (I've not looked at all the photoshoots).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I *kind of* watched the first episode. It was on in the background while I did more interesting stuff. I just don't know if I can take another season of Tyra, especially without the Jay's to balance out her crazy. I'm thinking at most that I might record them, check out the photo sessions and elimination, and just skip the rest.
    Allie likes this.

I am watching this thing right now. And that Victoria chick (who attends Liberty Online) is wayyyyyyy over the top in her attachment to her mom. so ridiculous!!

FORT Fogey

Victoria has some mental skew. I hope she sticks around because I find her fascinating and repelling at the same time. It really doesn't get better than that. Miss Harvard and the captain of her basketball team can go, as far as I am concerned. Destiny, as well.

I love the new scoring! It is good that viewers have a say because we see more than the judges do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Victoria has some mental skew. I hope she sticks around because I find her fascinating and repelling at the same time. It really doesn't get better than that. Miss Harvard and the captain of her basketball team can go, as far as I am concerned. Destiny, as well.

I love the new scoring! It is good that viewers have a say because we see more than the judges do.
    Please, if I give you Harvard and BB gone, can we get rid of Victoria, too?
    Critical likes this.

I'm only 20 minutes into the episode and I've already had to mute Victoria. OMG, I'm sorry I compared her to Heather Kuzmich. What an insult. I had no idea.

"My performance was ground-breaking. I broke the ground." WTH!? I can't imagine what sort of nutcase her mother is to have raised a kid like this. Does she let her out of the house? It's like she has NO experience with people at all.
    Allie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm only 20 minutes into the episode and I've already had to mute Victoria. OMG, I'm sorry I compared her to Heather Kuzmich. What an insult. I had no idea.

"My performance was ground-breaking. I broke the ground." WTH!? I can't imagine what sort of nutcase her mother is to have raised a kid like this. Does she let her out of the house? It's like she has NO experience with people at all.
    I am guessing she probably was really really sheltered. She is an online college student, which is fine for older students just getting that degree because they have to have one in their current job or whatever, but it does not give you much of the college experience at 18 or 19. I strongly believe that the college experience, joining sororities or other organizations, learning how to do your own laundry in the dorm and generally take care of yourself, is just as important to a young person's development as an adult as going to class and studying

I would not be shocked at all to learn that she was homeschooled
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread