+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

Just caught up with the whole season on Oxygen today via a marathon. I don't like the new format much and missed the Jays and even Nigel, lol. I think the voting sucks too. Tyra's preferences can always be brought up to speed by her vote, so why bother with the rest? She may not be the only one voting but I won't ever believe that her faves don't make it far.

Ugh. Can't stand Kiara. Why is she still here? Always amazes me to watch a marathon of this show and watch beautiful girls leave one by one while the ugly, mean ones stay. Somebody has dubious taste.

This show is a guilty pleasure for me in its marathon form for some reason, even though I have rarely agreed with the final decision. So it's really no surprise I'm disappointed in the final 3 and don't care much who wins.

The last time I can remember being happy about a winner or at least agreeing with the choice was Nicole in Cycle 5 or 6, lol. Oh wait, I was happy with Sophie last time, but it was like a different show.

What happened to CoverGirl and Vogue Italia? If they pulled out, I sort of just see this show going downhill.
    Shoepie likes this.

Yes, I see this year's show as a last ditch effort. I did read that Tyra may bring in some male models, but we shall see if that comes about.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Hmmmm...male models? I can appreciate a good looking guy as much as the next person, but on this show? I probably would not watch. The show is too different from the format they used to have, and even though Tyra always bugged me with her ego and craziness, I used to actually like the show. Now it just seems like a different show. But then again, I'm getting older, and it seems like a different WORLD out there today, lol.
    Shoepie and Coco46 like this.

The announcement that C20 is being pushed back to the Summer schedule says to me that ANTM is circling the drain. Still, there was a crawl announcing casting for the cycle-- including men-- underneath the bottom two judging Friday night.

Or was that something our local CW affiliate ran? I found it extremely annoying to see it at the point where "WHO must pack her bags and etc." is revealed, typically the "big drama" moment of each episode.

Just to add: I was sorry to see Nastasia go over Laura, but she is "short," so it'd probably have come next week if she made it to F3.

I couldn't quite tell if I'm right-- this is going to be a 3-way final showdown like in C17, with all 3 models doing everything? And what's going to substitute for the CG print ad and commercial? Will they do the same thing for Smashbox, or were the Jamaica tourism spot and "A Dream Come True" print ad taking those places?

If all that's left is a runway walk-- pardon, runway extravaganza -- then I guess Leila is "weakest link". If print work still figures in, she might have more of a chance.

I guess at this point Kiara seems strongest. She's moved up in the last couple of weeks and got chosen best at two crucial tests-- print ad and commercial spot. Plus, she's got a good "surviving hard luck" story-- and Tyra personally chose her photo to hang in her salon.

Laura's good but is getting a "completely unlikeable" edit-- hey, just because you have an estate and horses, it doesn't mean you can't have had it as rough as someone who's been out on the streets! Yeah, right, Laura.

And did anybody notice that they colored in her bleached Donna Jordan eyebrows for the perfume shoot?
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Hmph. I think the styling for pretty much all of them was bad on the final shoot. Not pleased with the elimination, at all. :-(
    No I wasn't either wannasee .I liked her. But beside the others, she is very very tiny. Leila in her bikini, and they worried about Victoria. She is very thin, her hipbones stuck right out
    I love that the two healthiest looking girls are in the F3. Laura and Kiara, they are both strong girls They take good photos that are different. I would like them to be the F2. I think Leila, who doesn't have a strong walk, maybe the one that slips on the runway next week

I think Natassia fit in so well with Jamaica. Her hair/skin is gorgeous
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    Laura's good but is getting a "completely unlikeable" edit-- hey, just because you have an estate and horses, it doesn't mean you can't have had it as rough as someone who's been out on the streets! Yeah, right, Laura.

And did anybody notice that they colored in her bleached Donna Jordan eyebrows for the perfume shoot?
    I noticed that too. It really looked strange with her bleached out hair.
    I don't see how Laura can win based upon the bad (mean girl) edit she's gotten the last few weeks. We shall see.

So the show has aired in parts of the country and I read a forum that said who won. It hasn't aired here, so I haven't watched it myself.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Laura wins according to the people chatting. If that is true, I think I will pass on watching.

Once it's airing on the East coast, it doesn't need to be spoilered. If someone wants to avoid being spoiled, they just need to stay out of the episode discussion threads

I'm happy that Laura won. Based on the final photo shoot pics, I wish the final three had been Laura, Leila and Brittany. Brit's pics from the last photo shoots were really good
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I was not happy with the Laura win...Kiara, while she has her failings, Laura was so shallow and entitled...now we see mom/dad, a movie star and what?
    Coco46 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread