+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

Pretty sure it will come down to Laura and Leila for the win with Leila being the comeback winner because of social media (thats why they arranged to have her eliminated in the first place--to show that the fans really had input and basically decided the winner (they need some credibility with the social media angle, some redemption w fans for a slew of past [poor] decisions and the platform to keep encouraging fans to think their input truly matters)). I suppose I'm okay with the fix this time, though, since Leila is clearly the only gal in the bunch that could actually have a career in high fashion (or any type of notable career for that matter).

Oh, and another note: everywhere now that the vile Kristin is finally gone!
    Allie and Dukie like this.

Woohoo, this is great news! I missed the show tonight, now I will have to make a point to watch it online just to see her reaction when she gets the ole heave ho .
    Allie likes this.

The trash has finally been taken out.
    Allie, Dukie and mindy384 like this.

FORT Fogey

I have been shocked at Kristin's behavior. I am not sure why she is worse, to me, than others who preceeded her. She will cry editing and producer manipulating for sure.

I haven't paid close enough attention to the personalities to know who I like from those who remain. I like the looks of the girl with the big wild hair but I have not noticed how she behaves.

Bye-bye, Kristin! Won't be missing you.

This race is Leila's to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have been shocked at Kristin's behavior. I am not sure why she is worse, to me, than others who preceeded her. She will cry editing and producer manipulating for sure.

I haven't paid close enough attention to the personalities to know who I like from those who remain. I like the looks of the girl with the big wild hair but I have not noticed how she behaves.
    I like Nastasia, too, and she's been extremely quiet. Maybe it's editing, too, but she hasn't seemed to get in on the drama, unless I missed something. Actually, she may have been one to say something to Victoria about her health but I don't recall her being mean about it.

Now THIS sounds like an episode I will gladly watch. WOOOOOOT

I don't think they've ever shown Nastassia being mean to anybody, but they haven't really focused much on her personality, certainly not like the usual winner's edit... well, except maybe for Saleisha. I guess she could middle-of-the-pack it to the F3 like Saleisha did and pull out the win.

I think she's striking-looking enough and reasonably talented enough that she wouldn't be a bad pick for the winner, but now that Kristin (who was actually shortest after Maria) is out, Nastassia is the shortest model. And since they've called her on this "fault" repeatedly, she could get a repeat of what Bre got in C5.

Kiara reminds me of Pam Grier. Which means she's gorgeous, but I don't know how versatile she can be as a model. I can easily see her in commercials (she has an interesting husky voice) and beauty work, but I dunno about fashion.

Laura's been too much of a b!tch for me to get behind her, but she has some good points, she's taken some good photos, and she's the tallest. I keep seeing her as VS/SI swimsuit material for some reason.

Since I've been taken with Leila from the start, I'd be happy if she won. (I was hoping for a Leila/Victoria F2 or F3, though.) She's probably the most high-fashion of the entire bunch, and she's turned out some great shots. Runway needs work, though, and they keep showing her on the receiving end of "When Animals Attack!"

I really wish we could've seen her "steampunk" shoot with the owl. She really connected with it, and didn't seem to have the same problems working with it as with the dolphin and (if previews can be believed) next week's horseback shoot.

That horseback one had me worried, SurrenderDorothy. A breakdown like what they showed after being brought back might sink her. I hope it is just editing. I would like a final 3 of Leila, Natassia and Kiara. I could see Laura as swimsuit, but she doesn't have that sexy yet fun vibe to me that I get from the good VS models.

I think that possibly, once she's away from the pressures of the competition and living in the house with other contestants, Laura might exhibit that "sexy but fun vibe" that makes a good VS model.

It's so hard to tell what these girls are actually like in the house, and what's the edited version constructed from hours of footage, some on-camera moments even solicited by the producers rather than naturally occurring. As a result, it's hard to tell what these girls would be like if we were to encounter them away from the competition.

Out in the real world, Victoria may be much more stable, Laura and Kristen may be much less b!tchy and self-focused.

+ Reply to Thread