+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

Catwalk Bloodbath: America's Next Top Model Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

America's Next Top Model Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel - TVLine
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    Catwalk Bloodbath: America's Next Top Model Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

America's Next Top Model Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel - TVLine
    Wow! The producers just got rid of the three best reasons to watch this show. I guess Tyra realized they were more popular than she was, so she had to eliminate them. Or maybe they could no longer bear the embarrassment of having to utter words like "booty tooch" and "Intoxibella" and begged to be fired. ANTM may have just sounded its death-knell.

Re: America's Next Top Model Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

Kerowyn, I bumped out your post to its own thread - I thought it deserved its own thread

I have to say, when I read this, my jaw dropped. This has got to be a sign of the end. I like all three of them, but Jay Manuel is one of the only reasons I still watch the show. I like Nigel as well and Miss J, but Mr. Jay is so great. I don't know what the hell Tyra is thinking.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

ugh, i saw this on Twitter, while i do believe its time for Nigel to go, i absolutely did not want to see Miss Jay or Jay Manuel leave! i wished Kelly was leaving, i haven't particularly liked anything she has brought to the show! so much disappointment!
    cablejockey and Kitari like this.

Re: ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

I wish Tyra was leaving.

FORT Fogey

WOW. I stopped watching this show the last few seasons...came back for the all-star show since I was familiar with most of the girl so I just caught the headline as I was going to another show thread. I am just amazed. I have been tired of Nigel for some time, but the two Jays are a huge part of the show. Based on how much trouble Tyra has had in keeping judges through the years ( although I guess in a number of cases, she booted them), I can noit see how she can fill the places of those two.

I think Tyra has been obnoxous for a few seasons now...but this is over-the-top

They fired the wrong person, Tyra should have been the one fired. I stopped watching seasons ago and it was because of her. She has no clue about fashion. She doesn't know what sort of models are trendy and what is in (as far as photos and runways). She's completely out-of-touch and irrelevant. She should just retire and let somebody who actually knows what today's model is like do this show. Proof in point? How much better and relevant the NTM shows are in other countries.
    pikachu, Kitari and mindy384 like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Tyra is definitely the one who needed to get the boot. Her ridiculous fake terminology and silly nicknames (not to mention those horrid music videos over the past few cycles) are beyond childish. Honestly, when I've seen her both on the show and in interviews, I've wondered if she doesn't have a screw loose.

I like Nigel and will miss him. Same with Miss J. The HUGE loss, IMO, is Mr. Jay. He was the one who really knew what was going on and was able to act like a grown-up in the midst of all the Tyra-created insanity.
    mushybrain and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    They fired the wrong person, Tyra should have been the one fired. I stopped watching seasons ago and it was because of her. She has no clue about fashion. She doesn't know what sort of models are trendy and what is in (as far as photos and runways). She's completely out-of-touch and irrelevant. She should just retire and let somebody who actually knows what today's model is like do this show. Proof in point? How much better and relevant the NTM shows are in other countries.
    Sadly, the ONLY way to fire Tyra is to cancel the show. She's exec. producer.

This is a mistake though - because all three of them really have some strong parts to this wheel, and are entertaining to boot. Miss Jay in particular gives constructive criticism (probably why he was booted off panel), Nigel when he gets to be shoots as good if not better than Tyra (example, Anya's nude under bedsheets photoshoot that she won), and Mr. Jay... well, I get a little annoyed by him (occasionally) but he's usually spot on who the weaker models are (and they're usually the ones Tyra sees as having potential or has plans for them, such as IMHO Seymone). He also shoots quite well overall and has a from the looks of things successful clothes line (whereas Modelland isn't on the NYT best seller list and wasn't No. 1 ever).

It's on it's deathbed right now, especially if IMHO we have another weak model win just because Tyra sees potential - i.e. Seymone.

Losing one of these guys would really hurt the show; all three gone at one time pretty much eviscerates it.

And even worse, I guess the way things have been going with guest judges recently, we can expect Nigel, Ms. J and Jay Manuel to be replaced by Spencer Pratt, Heidi Montag and whichever Kardashian works cheapest...

It's really a shame the CW just announced the show got renewed, right before this news. I'm more convinced than ever that they should've pulled the plug after C16, and not let Tyra try this ridiculous revamp of the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast