+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

Re: ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think too many think Tyra has all the power, that's not true and its never been true. I am glad you posted
    I feel like Tyra has more power in this situations than others may. I don't know how much Tyra would have had in stopping the firings, but I'll pretend she had a lot

I think the replacements are interesting because I don't know them. I think I'll be passing on the season especially when the models really don't look that great.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I feel like Tyra has more power in this situations than others may. I don't know how much Tyra would have had in stopping the firings, but I'll pretend she had a lot

I think the replacements are interesting because I don't know them. I think I'll be passing on the season especially when the models really don't look that great.
    Where can I see the models for that season? I'd love to take a look

CCL

Facebook - search ANTM Facebook. Might be on CW as well.
    Allie likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I hate the idea of a public vote. It's not as if I, or 99% of those watching, have the slightest idea what makes for a good fashion photo.

The public vote will devolve into a popularity contest as these things do. Not that this show had anything to do with the actual fashion industry, particularly not for the last few years. Smize!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I hate the idea of a public vote. It's not as if I, or 99% of those watching, have the slightest idea what makes for a good fashion photo.

The public vote will devolve into a popularity contest as these things do. Not that this show had anything to do with the actual fashion industry, particularly not for the last few years. Smize!
    If they keep on doing what they did on the first one? Yikes! Truly, 100 percent popularity. I can at least tell what looks generally good in a photo if I know the job brief. But this? yucky.

I don't know if I really believe him. Considering that Tyra seems to be completely self-involved, I can't imagine that Nigel's dismissal was very personal. Still, I respect him for taking the high road. He's a class act. Definitely something missing from this new group.

Nigel Barker Forgives Tyra For Getting The Axe From ANTM
    The Huffington Post | By Rebecca Adams Posted: 09/01/2012 12:56 pm Updated: 09/02/2012 2:17 pm

We were definitely sad to see Nigel Barker get fired from "America's Next Top Model" during Tyra Banks' unfortunate restructuring back in April, but Barker seems to be a true professional and doesn't harbor any resentment.

The former "Top Model" judge was the victim of a re-casting tactic meant to boost dropping ratings in the show's 18th season when his close friend Tyra gave him, Miss J and Jay Manuel the axe. But just in case you needed another reason to love Nigel, he told the New York Post that there really are no hard feelings between him and his former boss:

I know it was tough on [Tyra] as well. Its never easy to fire someone, least of all, of course, a friend. At the same time, this is business and things change. Shes a good girl, a strong woman, and shes done a lot with her life.

Well, that's certainly big of him. The photographer had a knack for making the girls feel comfortable in front of the camera -- quite a far cry from the way Bryanboy brings the models to tears, eh? But it seems like Nigel will still be tuning in to watch what Rob Evans, Kelly Cutrone, Bryanboy and Johnny Wujek do with the 19th season. Its a great show, Nigel told the Post. The bottom line is, Im happy for her, and were [Barker and wife Crissy] onto bigger and better things ourselves. Were excited for the next chapter in all our lives.

Nigel is set to appear on "The Face" with Naomi Campbell, Coco Rocha and Karolina Kurkova, so it looks like he does have very good reason to stay positive.
    Nigel Barker Forgives Tyra For Getting The Axe From ANTM
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Meh. I confess I was getting bored with the lot of them, anyway. Not that I like the new crew so much yet, but at least it's different. Nigel started to give me the creeps, and while I love Miss J and Jay M, the whole thing was starting to feel stale. Maybe Tyra did a good thing, maybe not, but I get why she did it.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Meh. I confess I was getting bored with the lot of them, anyway. Not that I like the new crew so much yet, but at least it's different. Nigel started to give me the creeps, and while I love Miss J and Jay M, the whole thing was starting to feel stale. Maybe Tyra did a good thing, maybe not, but I get why she did it.
    Thats how I feel as well sweetpea. Even Miss J was getting a little long in the tooth.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If only Tyra knew that the person we really all wanted to get fired was HER!
    dzigner, sweetpea, Shoepie and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    If only Tyra knew that the person we really all wanted to get fired was HER!
    Amen!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast