+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Are you ready to "leap" into a new season of ANTM?

Show starts on February 29th. It will feature 7 models from the states and 7 models from across the pond.

Kelly Cutrone (Kell on Earth) joins the judges on the panel as a replacement for Andre Leon Talley.

Guest judges include:Kelly Osbourne, Kris Jenner, Beverly Johnson, Nadine Coyle, Jessica Sutta, Cat Deeley (usually seen hosting So You Think You Can Dance), Barney Cheng, Georgina Chapman (currently a judge on Project Runway All Stars), Estelle, Nicolas Tse and Jez Smith.

Many articles can be found. This one seemed to have the most info, including the names/ages/hometowns/etc.... of all the models:

'America's Next Top Model: British Invasion' to Premiere February 29 on CW
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

I'm looking forward to this. Since Tyra has said that all ANTM cycles from now on will have a special "twist," at least this one will potentially give something a little different.

ANTM All-Stars was basically same old/same old, only with a bunch of models we've already seen. While it was fun at first to see some of the past contestants again, after a while it got predictable-- especially since the "branding" thing practically dictated "You will behave exactly like we expect you to, based on your previous cycle. Remember, no surprising out-of-character moments will be permitted."

This cycle, we're still getting same old/same old, but this time, half the models will "talk funny" and there'll be wacky "fish out of water" moments when they realize their blowdryers won't work on American electrical outlets! And when we get the inevitable "us vs. them" catfights, they'll have to subtitle them so we'll understand what that girl from their Birmingham just called that girl from our Birmingham!

It'll be ever-so-jolly xenophobic fun, 'ey, guvnor? Okay, so maybe at least some of the Brits are going to have "real model potential".

But I'm predicting a photoshoot in which all the British girls are dressed in tailored red coats, and all the Americans are dressed in puffy white blouses, kneepants with white socks and tricorn hats and have to run around like they're being invaded.

Yes! I love the sound of this one I have watched the UK version, its not as good. But they are pretty raunchy! so yes, looking forward to this very much

Okay, not meaning to sound slow on the uptake here-- I try to avoid reading anything that lists/shows pics of the contestants before the first episode, so I didn't catch at first that the Brit models have all previously appeared as contestants on BNTM.

I suppose that could potentially add a little more drama in the house than if all the girls were on the same level, but still-- this is two cycles in a row with returning contestants.

Can't Tyra come up with an entire roster of acceptable new faces through auditions anymore? Are girls no longer as interested in trying out for ANTM as they once were? Is the "every cycle of ANTM will be a special cycle" thing just a dodge to hide this?

i dont think its fair that somewhat more experienced models are competing with amateurs...especially when more than half the previous British contestants were all in the top three.
    jucamer likes this.

I hope that Keely Cutrone doen't hold back. These girls need the truth told about the real modeling world the way Janice used to do it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    I hope that Keely Cutrone doen't hold back. These girls need the truth told about the real modeling world the way Janice used to do it.
    I doubt she will. The only difference will be, unlike Janice, she wont be all hopped up on pills and goodness knows what else.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The shows starts TONIGHT.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Are we getting separate threads for each model again, or is ALL discussion of the cycle going to be kept to just one thread from now on?

Admittedly, the individual model threads for C17 barely got any posts, even for the ones we loved/"hated". Since participation here is so low, maybe there's not any point in more than one thread.

Say what you will about how contentious things got in here before FORT pulled the plug for a while, but at least there was real enthusiasm in the forum for all things ANTM-- and outside the forum, too. I remember grocery shopping during C7 and hearing two women's voices in the next aisle: "Melrose!" "Nuh-uh, Anchal for sure." "Mel! ROSE!!!"

Now it's just-- well, now I sort of understand why ANTM is the only network show still being broadcast in the old 4:3 SD format, rather than in 16:9 HD format. But, hey-- I'm still sticking with it until CW pulls the plug.

And I'm still hoping that things will perk up with the new judge on the panel. I really have no familiarity with Kelly Cutrone, but if she can add some of the sass and "reality checks" Janice Dickinson used to give, then I say, "Brava".

watching now. The US is still friendly with the UK, right? You would think we were at war to hear these girls talk
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast