+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

I thought Louise was one of the prettiest girls there. Knowing NOTHING of the British version of the show, I had no idea she had such an attitude.

Yes, all of the models are a bit diva-ish, but she was over the top. Way over the top. Seems like there are a lot of insecurities hidden under all that anger.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

CCL

Louise had an attitude but, honestly, this Kelly person (the new judge) seems like such a witch.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I cannot deal with Tyra's nonsense. How did this woman earn her degree? Those names she gave the girls (based on her book) were the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. It does seem to be somewhat mitigated by Cutrone's cutting lines.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

I'm watching the latest episode right now and MAN, Kelly Cutrone is annoying. I'm sure she's got the fashion credentials, but she is a major bitch. I thought Simon Cowell was bad! I can see why Louise flipped out, although I wish she'd held it together. I really thought she had the potential to go far in the competition. She's gorgeous and really versatile. It's a shame she couldn't just count to ten and see the big picture. I really can't see Kelly Cutrone lasting past this cycle.

I think there are several girls who have lots of potential. My favorites right now are Sophie, Azmarie, Ashley, Laura and Kyle, although I think there are others who could do well in the competition as well. I'd love for Annaliese to stick around for a while because she's hilarious.

I was disappointed that Mariah went home last week. I think she had a lot more potential than Candace and her duck face. I won't be sorry to see Seymone and her attitude go home. I'm sick to death of the drama and screaming that we've been getting every cycle lately. Is this how they think professional models behave?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical: MAN, Kelly Cutrone is annoying. I'm sure she's got the fashion credentials, but she is a major bitch. I thought Simon Cowell was bad! I can see why Louise flipped out, although I wish she'd held it together.
    Kelly Cutrone is definitely intimidating, but Louise had a really bad attitude about EVERYTHING well before they met.

I don't think it was the bad encounter with Kelly so much that pushed her to quit as that Louise generally felt nothing was working out for her-- they changed her look against her will, they always criticized her personal demeanor (justifiably, though) at panel, and they always focused on negative aspects of her pictures while praising others that she felt didn't do as well as she did. So Nigel saying "you look mean" followed by getting gang-lectured on attitude by all the regular judges was the breaking point for her. I was hoping they'd catch her in the parking lot, give her time to cool down, and she'd continue, but Louise wanted out.

But as harsh as she is, I don't think it was Kelly Cutrone alone that prompted the blowup. I think if Nigel and Tyra had praised the photo while Kelly criticized her, Louise might've just written Kelly off as a "hater" and moved on.

And I've got to say I actually like Kelly Cutrone, even if she sometimes comes across as the Terminator fused with the Wicked Witch of the West. If it makes you feel any better about her, she did say in an interview I mentioned earlier in the thread that doing the show was a lot tougher than she expected, and she's actually found herself haunted by the girls and has bad dreams about them. She also said that she's just trying to give the girls a hard wake-up call before they try to get out into the real modeling world where it's usually even more brutal.

Critical: I'm sick to death of the drama and screaming that we've been getting every cycle lately. Is this how they think professional models behave?
    Well, keep in mind Tyra's past experiences with Naomi Campbell...
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 03-17-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

None of the girls look much like models to me (even in the non-traditional sense). And the photos are pretty much bleh.

Sophie, the gal with the red, white and blue hair, AzMarie and the British contestant with the magenta hair really stand out to me. The others I could care less when they leave.

As far as Louise - she really pulled IMHO a Cassandra from Cycle 5 (the season Nicole Linkletter won). She threw a hissy fit about getting the pixie cut - which looked good on her, and the hair color, which again looked good on her. Being on the show before she knew that she was risking getting a cut/color like this - ESPECIALLY on the US version if not so much UK version. I don't sympathize with her - especially when you have contestants like Sophie with pink hair, some with multicolor hair, some with lines cut in their hair like a guy (though AzMarie has been the first model with a buzz cut already I could see be able to wear the look), and so on. All these look great on the models, and they didn't complain.

Honestly, if Louise was that worried about her hair, she should've reconsidered competing or better since she couldn't go back on the decision, used it to get fierce photos and then take the compliments at least to the judge's face then complain in private.

I do agree with the assessment of Kelly Cutrone that SurrnderDorothy did - She really is trying to give the girls a reality check, because to be honest most of the winners of the show haven't had long term success (there have only been a few examples). I think she really wants to see the models succeed.

Hopefully the photoshoot ideas get better too - though as I'm starting to think the series is about to go down with the ship, I think they're going to start getting cheesier and cheesier. The Kardashian one though still gives me nightmares.

Doesn't Sophie have pink hair? The blond girl, smaller than the rest, was blond then went candy floss pink. I really like her.I also like Catherine, she had some great photos on UK top model
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think what jadewarlock was saying was that four models-- Sophie, "the gal with the red, white and blue hair" (Laura), AzMarie, and "the British contestant with the magenta hair" (Catharine)-- really stood out from the rest, even though the names of two couldn't be recalled.

And I agree, though I'd have added Louise to that if she hadn't crashed and burned.
    jadewarlock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    I think what jadewarlock was saying was that four models-- Sophie, "the gal with the red, white and blue hair" (Laura), AzMarie, and "the British contestant with the magenta hair" (Catharine)-- really stood out from the rest, even though the names of two couldn't be recalled.

And I agree, though I'd have added Louise to that if she hadn't crashed and burned.
    Yes I was, thank you Dorothy. I'm still trying to learn names and probably will have some problems for a time. Sometimes it's just easier to describe when all else fails.

I also agree on Louise as far as looks - too bad she pulled a Cassandra on top of a few other attitudes.

Will say one thing though - even with the attitude at least she was real about her feelings. I'm feeling more and more that they're being told to hold back, and that leads to blowups like this from sweeter contestants.

And of these four still in there I'm rooting for them because all take great photos and have overall pleasant if not nice/sweet personalities.

+ Reply to Thread