+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

I like Cutrone. Perhaps she is outspoken and has rigid opinions, but she has given props to Analise before
    I like her as well. I like what she has to say.She's better than that puffball Andre Leon Talley
    jadewarlock likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like her as well. I like what she has to say.She's better than that puffball Andre Leon Talley
    Yes, she does have favorites, but HE had so many glaring favorites (and sadly more were based on race from what I saw), that out of the two, I'll keep her and leave him in the ether of former judges.

Still think though Tyra will miss at least the two Jays next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Yes, she does have favorites, but HE had so many glaring favorites (and sadly more were based on race from what I saw), that out of the two, I'll keep her and leave him in the ether of former judges.

Still think though Tyra will miss at least the two Jays next season.
    I think it was on ET Canada, Jay said he really wanted to spend more time with his fashion( Attitude by Jay Manuel ) Its nice, but I think with more time it could be even better. Sometimes change is good, sometimes not. I guess I will tune in next season and see.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

True, but I will at least concede that Kelly is at least more palatable than ALT...

... by miles.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

For some reason, I was thinking tonight was the finale. Maybe it's just wishful thinking for a lackluster cycle. Will be watching Criminal Minds finale while the dvr picks up ANTM. Might watch it tomorrow or I might fast forward thru the first 55 minutes to see who goes home. Please let either Sophie or Annaliese win so it won't be a total loss!
    Kocky_Kamikaze and cubsfan55 like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Is it just me or does Annalise look a lot like Scary Spice back in the Spice Girls days? And sounds a bit like her as well. Not saying that's a bad thing. I think Scary is very pretty and sounds wonderful. Has anyone on the show mentioned that?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

whaaaaaaaa?!?!?!?! LAURA?!?!?!? Over Annalise?????

Okay... it will be AMERICA'S Next Top Model after all. Laura's a one sleazy trick pony. Gimme a break...
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I haven't watched yet, but I saw the pics and knew who the finalists were. I loved Annaliese's picture. Laura's was just "meh." If Sophie doesn't win, it'll just be another case of a predetermined winner.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Is it just me or does Annalise look a lot like Scary Spice back in the Spice Girls days? And sounds a bit like her as well. Not saying that's a bad thing. I think Scary is very pretty and sounds wonderful. Has anyone on the show mentioned that?
    I hadn't thought of that but you're right - she does, but like you said Scary is quite pretty (though I didn't care for the tongue piercing) and both are talented.

WAS disappointed in Laura advancing. Her photo looked bad - her face looked stretched and flat and as people said on panel OLD. Plus Tyra made it VERY CLEAR that Laura was fired from a runway show.

But, in spite of the fact Anneliese booked MORE places tonight and had a lovely photo (even if her right hand was a bit weird placing - but I passed it as they passed Eboni's similar hand position a couple of weeks ago), SHE is ousted. That said, Anneliese was very classy and gracious - I can see why she does well as a personality.

But I'll be honest - if I were to see the Sophie or Anneliese in the "Dream Come True" ad, I'd be interested in purchasing it. Both their faces screamed (silently) romance and just life (vibrant - Anneliese, peaceful - Sophie) and that fit the ad well.

Laura, I'd just look over the ad and move on. There was just something plastic about it.

The ONLY concession I'll make is that these ads are MUCH BETTER than Lisa's shot for the perfume - by MILES.

I will make one other point though - and I have to say it in spoilers:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I have a sickening feeling that Laura is going to win this simply because she's an American. The reasons I mentioned above - that she has trouble booking at go-sees and has even been fired, really should've ousted her tonight. They also went on about how she is struggling and has to get a medic or ambulance to check her out. Usually you know if this happens it means that the person has a huge turn around and wins the challenge.

Let's put it this way - WORRY if Sophie says "I was runner-up in my season of 'Britain's Next Top Model' and I would hate to have this happen again." We had a similar situation last season with Allison and we saw what happened.

Personally - I feel Sophie has the complete package and if the CW or whomever has the power to keep the show on elects to have Laura win (barring a complete disaster from Sophie), then they may as well say season 20 is the last season because this will scream more rigged - at least our POV - than even Saleshia's win IMHO.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

Huh. Well, not what I was hoping for. I just don't get the constant stream throughout of how commercial Annaliese was, not a model, etc. Yet, she had the best runway walk, and could fit the bill for the music video, the correspondent gig...Not really caring who wins, other than that I would love for it to be the Brit, just because. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread