+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Her posing was very odd and robot like this week, which I totally don't get, but she made it past that mistake....thank goodness. To me, it seemed like Tyra probably chose Sophie's WORST picture of the lot. Maybe she didn't wan't her head to get too big... Who knows! Sometimes I just don't see what Tyra does.
    Based on what we could see of Sophie's shoot and onlookers' reactions to her posng, I was actually expecting a worse photo than there was. And Tyra seemed to stand up for it a bit more than she probably should've, saying that Sophie's gesture with her left hand worked with the facial expression to read as "I'm going to slap you"-- like this wasn't just a lucky accident-- and Georgina Chapman seemed to concur (but I've learned not to totally trust the edit on this show).

But don't get me wrong, Sophie is one of my favorites from the beginning (and I'm so glad they finally touched up the cotton candy pink in her hair!). And barring some last-minute meltdown, I can see Sophie easily making F3 (assuming we're getting that again after C17) or even F2. Alisha has pointed out that she's already the most successful of the UK contestants, and if she gets the two US modeling contracts in the prize, Sophie is just being "greedy".

And then Alisha promptly stepped up her game with getting #1 photo the week after Sophie's #1, and winning the runway challenge even though Sophie opened two shows. (Though admittedly, that's mostly due to Alisha's designers getting selected best of show, even though she did well.)

So with the whole "I need it more than she does" undercurrent, I think it could be Sophie-Alisha for F2-- or at least Sophie-Alisha-Eboni/Laura for F3. Or maybe we'll just get a Sophie/Alisha elimination standoff to ratchet up the drama when one goes.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 04-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I'm rooting for Sophie and have been for most of the season. There's something very special about her pictures and her modeling and I'll be very disappointed if she doesn't win this thing.

Yes. Her posing was very odd and robot like this week, which I totally don't get, but she made it past that mistake....thank goodness. To me, it seemed like Tyra probably chose Sophie's WORST picture of the lot. Maybe she didn't wan't her head to get too big... Who knows! Sometimes I just don't see what Tyra does.
    Tyra does not pick photos anymore, production does. Annalise said this in one of her blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    Tyra does not pick photos anymore, production does. Annalise said this in one of her blogs.
    Tyra has always said she doesn't have the final word. I havent had a chance to check out the blogs, but I will( thank you)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Since it seems Tyra/production doesn't care anymore and has them released, I've seen the final photos for next week and want to say one thing - in spoilers of course as some don't want to see the pics yet:

Click to see Spoiler:
    These are GREAT photos of the models posing in dresses... so WHY did Tyra insist that they had to wear silkworms with the dresses? It's not like the diamonds and tarantula photos of Cycle 3 - those were pretty. These are pretty shots ruined a bit IMHO beacuse of this decision.

BTW, if Ebony is not in the bottom two or eliminated for her photo - no neck and a bad pose - then I may be calling foul on some of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Since it seems Tyra/production doesn't care anymore and has them released, I've seen the final photos for next week and want to say one thing - in spoilers of course as some don't want to see the pics yet:

Click to see Spoiler:
    These are GREAT photos of the models posing in dresses... so WHY did Tyra insist that they had to wear silkworms with the dresses? It's not like the diamonds and tarantula photos of Cycle 3 - those were pretty. These are pretty shots ruined a bit IMHO beacuse of this decision.

BTW, if Ebony is not in the bottom two or eliminated for her photo - no neck and a bad pose - then I may be calling foul on some of this.
    I agree with everything you said about those final pics for next week. YUCK!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think the bottom 2 will probably be Eboni and, sadly, Catherine. I cannot believe that Cat didn't have ANY other pictures that were better than that one. The top three for me are Annaliese, Sophie and Laura. Head and shoulders above the rest. IMO, this is probably the first time that Annaliese has really looked like a model. I actually wouldn't have recognized her if the site I saw the pics on didn't label them! Oh, and yes, the shoot was totally ruined by those worms. Totally disgusting! At least tarantulas are cool looking. Those silk worms just look like big maggots. *shivers*
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Will say one thing Critical, Catherine's expression IMHO fits PERFECTLY with that photoshoot.

I'm just glad that overall the strongest models are the final six - even Ebony has had a few good photoshoots as well. Will be less happy if she wins, but it's not as though Seymone or Kyle will win, both of whom I felt were among the weakest models in this cycle.

extremely disappointed to see Catherine eliminated...

I knew Catherine was going to be eliminated the moment they mentioned she was a runner-up on "BNTM." Plus, she hadn't received a first call out yet.

I fear we're going to see this soon with Sophie given that there were most DEFINITELY better shots of her than the one they chose. (Thankfully that designer at least saw some positives in her shot - including of her).

In fact, I would dare say that THIS decision by the producers/Tyra is what lead to the BS firing of Jay Manuel, whom I feel is a very good photographer and overall an excellent designer (I mean he had overall classy designs).

Eboni should've been in the bottom two. Alisha didn't sell the shot, but a. she had a neck, b. she didn't look like she was going to grab herself like Eboni did. Plus, Eboni on top of it didn't sell the clothing either. Second week in a row with a POOR shot, and she's saved. Even Whitney, who people (including myself, and I did like her in some shots), with her WEAKEST was better. I even think Saleshia's tulip shot has been better (if barely) than Eboni's past two shots, at least as far as last week's.

Laura did deserve first call out honestly - too her notes well and produced a strong shot. THey were right - I looked at her and her dress, not the silk worms. Second was Sophie, and third Anneliese. I'm glad they were the three who got top three.

Eboni should've been in the bottom two once again, though with the photo they chose of Catherine... plus IMHO Kelly's dislike of her... got her eliminated.

Next week - Sophie I think will end up knocking the photo out of the park. They normally don't mention someone's fears that prodominately unless they produce a knockout shot (Eva from Cycle 3 with the tarantula shot anyone?).

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I was sad to see Catherine leave as well, mainly because she seems like a genuinely likable person, which is more than I can say for either of the remaining American girls.

I'm looking for Sophie or Annaliese to win. It will be the only way to save the season after the news of Nigel and the two Jays being fired.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm looking for Sophie or Annaliese to win
    Yes, I am as well .Kelly sure doesn't want anyone winning from the UK- I knew it was turn for a UK girl to get the boot.

I thought Laura and Sophie looked great with dark hair. They looked washed out blond. Catherine's wig looked really really bad. Why does Laura hate Eboni so much? She sounds ugly the way she talks about her.

I thought the silk worms were pretty cool.I forgot they were there.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread