+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    If they are doing this then it screams to me that neither of them took the title...we all know what happened to angelea last cycle...
    Not necessarily. Many shows have their contestants do a blog about what happened during the week and give their personal take.

That said, they can't of course give spoilers or in many cases teasers as to what will happen, as that will be a violation of contract.

There has been speculation that Angelea's DQ was NOT from blogging; however if we go by that argument it was because she hinted she won. That said if Anneliese and Catherine aren't doing this, they're fine and it's just a summary and such.

And even if it means they aren't the winner, I'm just happy they both went to the international destination - well all four Brits and the two US contestants. I feel that they all have at the very least potential and all have taken at least a few good photos.

That's an interesting thought! The only remaining contestants not blogging it is Alisha, Sophie and Eboni (as far as I know) Annalise, Catherine, Laura all have a youtube. A few of the eliminated girls do as well like Kyle.

But I'm sure it's ok, they don't really spoil anything as far as elimination order or winner, they just talk about the events of the episode that just airred and tell how different it was from what actually happened (the editing) and their personal thoughts on how things went down.

But would the winner or finalists chance losing prizes with a slip-up or even a hint that the producers/Tyra could take offense with...

Just seems to me that the folks with something to lose would be very hesitant to broadcast anything, especially in light of last season's fiasco (and didn't angelea only hint that she won...and that cost her the title (hinting would be subjective)).

And now that you say it is Alisha, Sophie and Eboni who aren't broadcasting I have this strange feeling that Tyra is going to annoint Eboni--how many times have we seen her little lengthy monologue about being poor, etc... (meant to tug at our heartstrings). And, there has been discussion on our board about the winner and how they took critiques, etc...? Plus, I feel like Tyra wants an American to win and will make a big to-do about the Americans beating the British again . Clearly, Sophie and Alicia are much better models but I could easily see this going to Eboni (no spoilers here, just my thoughts...).

CCL

But the videos are not live. I'm sure if they slip up they would notice and rerecord. I don't think it is a big deal. The ones who don't YouTube probably just don't like doing videos. Sophie is probably too busy hanging out with Emma Watson or whatever. I watched part of an Annaliese one and she didn't spoil anything. In contrast, what Angelea did was on twitter (akin to being live) where she responded to someone saying she would not be a good winner with a comment along the lines of "Well, better get used to it.." or something like that. That is a spoiler. Anyhow, I don't think Tyra is that concerned about spoilers anymore. The photoshoots are always available well before they air. That
    never happened in earlier seasons. And in earlier seasons girls had to delete their myspace accounts etc. That doesn't happen now (not that anyone has myspace now...think tumblr, I guess). And I think the Angelea situation was more complicated than they let on.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

As for the Angelea situation, there was someone who claimed to be her new agent stating quite firmly that it had nothing to do with anything she had posted online. Based on what he said about a former associate of Angelea's who claimed to be her agent (and who apparently announced that "tell all" press conference that never happened), the disqualification may have had something to do with that woman.

I was able to go online and confirm that she was booking Angelea for public appearances just as C17 was about to start, including as the headliner guest at a modeling symposium people paid to attend (she had what appeared to be pics of Angelea at the event on her website).

I'm not sure whether that constituted enough of a rules violation to cost Angelea whatever position she had in the final judging-- we have, after all, never had a credible confirmation whether or not she was initially the winner instead of Lisa D'Amato.

And catching up with this cycle's episodes, as for the last two eliminations-- well, it was time. Kyle and Seymone were both examples of contestants who had good physical qualities to be a model, but neither had the ability to use what she had, and neither had the right attitude for the show.

Kyle couldn't overcome that tendency to go either bug-eyed or dead-faced that sabotaged an otherwise modelesque face, and she was limited in her posing. Seymone had a beautiful face and nice curves but fell into the problem that thwarts so many plus-sized contestants: rather than owning her curves, she usually let them own her and posed awkwardly. Plus, both were weak at runway.

As for attitude, Kyle bought a ticket on the "I just want to quit and go home" waaahbus, and should've gone home that week. Seymone, on the other hand, developed a bad attitude towards criticism and any sort of setback, and even seemed to resent just having to be around her fellow contestants-- though this might've been intensified by editing.

Speaking of which, I do wonder if Seymone's exit interview wasn't selectively edited to make her look bad. We don't know just how long the actual shoots for these things are or what's said (if anything) to the girls to elicit or help their comments. For all we know, they could keep them there until they break down and get weepy enough for a good "Maybe I didn't win, but *sniffle* you haven't seen the last of me! Tyra, I'm going to keep trying and I'll make it real soon!" exit clip.

It could be that Seymone didn't get weepy enough and was held until she finally got fed up after a lengthy barrage of off-camera prompting questions about how her family would take her elimination, etc., and said, "Can I just go now?"
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 04-27-2012 at 03:57 PM.

So the British girls seem to be getting the better edit. And L for America. Really, though, I think one of the British girls should take it from who is left so far. I bet they will have an American and British final 2. Any thoughts?

CCL

I can't see them having an all-British top 2 ....it is America's NTM after all. At the beginning of the season I thought for sure an American would win for that reason. Now I'm not so sure, but I definitely think an American will be at least runner up.
    Allie likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

they have been milking the American girls vs British girls way too much for them to NOT have one of each in the final two, but truthfully, none of the remaining american girls deserve it.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    they have been milking the American girls vs British girls way too much for them to NOT have one of each in the final two, but truthfully, none of the remaining american girls deserve it.
    I thought Laura did, but after the the last two weeks. She's a no for me.
    Allie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm rooting for Sophie and have been for most of the season. There's something very special about her pictures and her modeling and I'll be very disappointed if she doesn't win this thing.

Yes. Her posing was very odd and robot like this week, which I totally don't get, but she made it past that mistake....thank goodness. To me, it seemed like Tyra probably chose Sophie's WORST picture of the lot. Maybe she didn't wan't her head to get too big... Who knows! Sometimes I just don't see what Tyra does.

+ Reply to Thread