+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

I thought the same thing about Laura flying through the air. They MUST have given her that since there was a falling mattress behind her. The same thing for the girl on the floor--(Alex?) . If that is where they told her to pose, what can the model do except what she is told.
    That reminds me of two really ugly eliminations. There was a Bollywood bit many cycles ago and when to came to Jayla, she was stuck in the side of the crowd while every other girl was centered during her shot. Jayla was criticized for her position in the group, maybe even sent home...I dont recall exactly. The same thing happened with an Ellis Island shot. Girls were posed with large families and luggage like they were coming through immigration. One girl was lost in the family group and was criticized for that positioning. "We can't see you." Yea...so the photographer didn't notice that during ALL the frames.

So the photographer didn't notice that Laura and Alex maybe should have stayed closer to the center of the picture during all the shots???

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    So the photographer didn't notice that Laura and Alex maybe should have stayed closer to the center of the picture during all the shots???
    I think with Alex at least it was her face. More actress than model. They loved her how her body looked. And Bre was acting rather than modeling. She even threw off Coco, who you could tell was surprised at her actions and taken aback. She was even told to calm it down. I knew once Bre acted like that she was gone. What model yells sentences? Sounds, yes. But whole words strung together? She wasn't thinking about her body or face. Bre is stunning, but a total fail at that challenge. I didn't like Lisa's either, but she was professional and they worked well as team. I wish the girls would have all had the same assignment. I mean falling? Have them ALL do that. Yanking? Have them all. I would have preferred a two person shot rather than 3, especially when they seemed to handicap some of the girls with specific instructions of what do do (fall, lie down, ect).
    Duckyface likes this.

Bre did not have the worst photo. But she is short. She wasn't going to win. But she will continue to do well in the real world. I like Shannon and Dominique. Some of the others are cutie faces. Pinch pinch. So cute. I would adopt them.

FORT Fogey

Bre did have a career in the real world for several years...That being said, she did not help herself by appearing on this show. She came across poorly on the original cycle she was in and she got by that when people did hire her for jobs. However, she is older now, an experienced model and she came across poorly again. From the complaints about her hair at the start, to her abrupt exit this week....not good Bre.

Bre at the photo shoot was cringe-worthy and I think it was a BIG problem that she clearly was not tuned into the other models, especially the pro. The yelling was distracting and over-the-top and people were commenting about it, but she didn't even seem to notice. Not good. When they showed all of her photos at the end of the episode, I was surprised at how unimpressive they all were.

This is the first time I've liked a photo of Dominique's.

For me, the girls to watch are Kayla, Allison, Laura and maybe (unfortunately) Bianca. I think Lisa will be gone soon and Shannon is just too "blah" and, frankly, they're both too old. I tend to combine Angelea and Dominique in my head, which means that neither of them stands out too much.
    Allie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just love Laura, sh's fresh and pure. I dont know if she will win, but I like her, alot!

Bianca should've just got in the tub...whether you like her or not, she is a professional working model and probably has the most experience of all the girls there. Sad to see both Bianca and Kayla go.

OMG the next episode is gonna be hilariously bad! Did Tyra forget her venture into trying to do music? lol

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    Bianca should've just got in the tub...whether you like her or not, she is a professional working model and probably has the most experience of all the girls there. Sad to see both Bianca and Kayla go.

OMG the next episode is gonna be hilariously bad! Did Tyra forget her venture into trying to do music? lol
    Oh, Kayla went, too? Awww I liked her.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Oh, Kayla went, too? Awww I liked her.
    Yeah it was a double elimination! I was surprised both of them went... I knew Bianca's attitude about the perfume bathtub attitude was gonna effect the results...but i didnt expect her to get eliminated lol

In my opinion, it should've been Shannon and Alexandria.

Seriously, I'm not surprised. From what I saw, Shannon too didn't get in the bathtub that much, and supposedly her photo is better than Biannca's?

Kayla, yeah, sure she had a bad photo, but SHANNON's blah photo wins out just because she got into a bathtub once at a shoot? (I wonder if she'd done this had Robyn in Cycle 1 just did a single nude photo, even if it was bad? - That's the only reason that Shannon survived that nude ad with diamonds - she lucked out Robyn also didn't want to drop her clothes for the shot. And relooking that cycle - at the time Robyn and Shannon actually had equal porfolios save possibly the snake photo).

Sorry... if that screams that Tyra is trying to let Shannon win after regretting letting Adrienne win I don't know what does. Well that or Lisa because everyone knew that she'd get in the bathtub for that contest.

And honestly, if Biannca was getting jobs, I feel like Tyra was editing her to harm her chances post show (I hope not - because even with her attitude at times, she does take better photos than most of these models).

I'm hoping Allison or Laura win because they're good and both could get jobs post show.

I have a feeling it'll be Shannon, Lisa or Alexandra in that order. I'm not a huge fan of Dominique or Angelea (at times, she's warmed to me), but I'd feel they would be better winners with their overall photos.

+ Reply to Thread