+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

[mod edit]

I am glad ALT is gone though. He seems like a Miss J clone. Conducts himself with a kinda "I'm above you all" demeanor, and uses salon like Miss J used fierce.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 09-29-2011 at 09:38 PM.

CCL

They should have just had Miss J be a judge. Or Mr. J.
    I quite liked the photos in general. I agree with the elimination of Isis; I think she was more there for her backstory as I don't really see any model potential. She's nice, though, and hopefully will have luck with her fashion line.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I never saw model potential in Isis either, CCL. She has taken some nice photos, but that can be said of all the girls in this cycle. Her backstory is much more compelling than she is in front of the camera.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Ugh, I cannot stand ALT so I will be glad to see him go. However, they couldn't find SOMEONE with a better connection to fashion than this!?!?
    Kelly Cutrone is actually very connected to fashion and has been for a while. She's professional and doesn't take BS. Her firm routinely gets works with top designers. She does seating, general management, press... mainly she uses her connections to celebrities and those working in the industry to make designer's and their products more visible via print/intenet/events. She's not just a reality star. She was working in PR before the reality stuff began. I think she is a good replacement, but I don't think she will fit in with the other 3 judges.

Sure, Kelly Cutrone's connected to the fashion industry in some respect, but is it enough of a connection to modeling to make her an appropriate replacement for one of the three permanent panel judges? It sounds like she'd be more suited as a judge on "Project Runway", given her connection to branding and marketing designers.

And given that this cycle we're seeing as the guest 4th judge people like Ashlee Simpson and Kristin Cavallari, I think Cutrone's reality show work had a LOT to do with her selection.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    Sure, Kelly Cutrone's connected to the fashion industry in some respect, but is it enough of a connection to modeling to make her an appropriate replacement for one of the three permanent panel judges? It sounds like she'd be more suited as a judge on "Project Runway", given her connection to branding and marketing designers.

And given that this cycle we're seeing as the guest 4th judge people like Ashlee Simpson and Kristin Cavallari, I think Cutrone's reality show work had a LOT to do with her selection.
    Yeah, you're right. She would be much better on Project Runway. Just trying to clear up misconceptions because she does fashion credentials. She has worked with some models on her show, but not much. I don't think her show though has much to do with her selection. I mean it was short run and most still don't know her. 50% useful so they can claim she was on TV.

The reason why I don't see any problem with her coming onto ANTM is because ATL may have been high up in Vogue, but his comments at judging were as pedestrian as any weekly judge. I don't see how Cutrone can be any worse. Tyra is the only one who really gives tips during judging.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Yeah, you're right. She would be much better on Project Runway. Just trying to clear up misconceptions because she does fashion credentials. She has worked with some models on her show, but not much. I don't think her show though has much to do with her selection. I mean it was short run and most still don't know her. 50% useful so they can claim she was on TV.

The reason why I don't see any problem with her coming onto ANTM is because ATL may have been high up in Vogue, but his comments at judging were as pedestrian as any weekly judge. I don't see how Cutrone can be any worse. Tyra is the only one who really gives tips during judging.
    She sounds like she would have been a good fit for THIS cycle: branding, marketing, fashion-related topics as well.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I thought Lisa would do a lot better at this week's challenges than she did but she sucked. I was getting tired of her trying to do a jump in her poses and was glad they steered her away from that. Enough already! If you want a particular shot, give it a try two or three times but then move on to something else. Either the camera got it by then or it's never going to get it.

Lisa and Camille both just seemed to give up. Camille acts like she've over the hill but she's only 33!! Maybe that's getting up there for a fashion or runway model but there are other modeling or acting opportunities for a lady her age. She just has to want it enough to put forth the effort to get it.

Angelea is still too full of herself. I was glad she didn't win the tv spot challenge because she would have been even more insufferable if she had gotten it.

Wow.

It seems like just yesterday that there'd be a flock of posters in here giving running commentary on the show as it aired. Now we can't even muster enough interest to make more than a comment or two after the show airs.

Is ANTM really that over with? Or did FORT just take too much time away from it for there to be any sort of community here?

The only surprise last night was not that Camille went home over Lisa-- Lisa has too much drama potential, while Camille has been trying too hard to overcome the real reason they brought her back. What surprised me is that I actually wound up feeling sorry for Camille after seeing her open her "care package" to reveal a pile of bills forwarded to her that she said she was struggling to pay.

Even though I didn't think she had any hope of winning, at that point I was hoping they'd at least set up a nice prize she could win that would help her out a little.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I felt sorry for Camille, too. Never thought I would!

I used to like Next Top Model better but somewhere along the way, it seemed like the modeling became secondary to the drama. There are so many reality shows on now, ANTM is no longer one of my "must-see" shows. More like "will watch if there's nothing else on and I happen to remember it".

+ Reply to Thread