+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Nigel looks nice with hair. I could not figure what was up. So that's it. He was bald.

I guess she was trying to say there is no such thing as bad publicity. Ask Pee Wee Herman about that one. Ask Milli Vanilli. Tyra is thinking about herself. They were coming back for the girls.

Nice to see the girls looking well. Shannon looks good. I thought she might end up looking like a leather couch with her tanning.

Well, tonight's episode proved that sometimes Tyra telegraphs who is going to be eliminated to the point she may as well have "She's being eliminated" in a news ticker tape at the bottom of the screen.

It was makeovers, and I think for all of them they were right, even if Bre nearly pulled a Cassandra and leave because of it. She really does have a lovely one.

Oh, and Bianca's makeover? - Let's just say it shows HOW MUCH they screwed her over in her first season probably to guarantee Saleshia won. (Mind you, I think Chantal was stronger than Bianca, but seriously both were more deserving than Saleshia - and both have show it post show). She looks great, and her photo was my favorite. Too bad she was chosen as runner-up to Lisa's photo.

Lisa's photo was good... HOWEVER, the full mouth of food to me was offputting. I would have a tough time trying to buy a hotdog from Pinks' (though I don't live anywhere near one), if I saw half chewed food in a model's mouth. Some may find it sexy or enticing to buy a hotdog, but I don't. Her pose was fun and I think could be deserving of the best photo title, but to me it was just... OK, whatever with the food.

Sheena's wasn't unexpected, so yes, I do agree she was deserving. It wasn't a bad photo - none of them were IMHO (much better than last week's photoshoot IMHO), but her "unexpected" was nothing more than flowers on her hotdog, and there she didn't show that. Heck, if she had played with her skirt and shown both legs it might've won over Kayla's photo.

Speaking of Kayla - she was probably one who had the least change of all. They just redyed her hair red - though not as extreme as last go. Her photo didn't say free at all and it was just as uninteresting as Sheena's. But, I had a feeling they'd give Kayla another chance because she's fresher in Tyra and Co's minds.

Isis', Shannon's and I think at least one more's photos were NOT discussed in panel, or at least where I wasn't paying enough attention. I plan on watching the panel more and more and see if they're only going to be showing just the top and bottom photos early on in the show instead of all of them.

I personally liked Nigel with the hair - it was surprising, but he showed he could go either with hair or bald.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-21-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Yay for saying goodbye to Nigel's hair!!!!!!

I thought Bre's haircut was ADORABLE!! I do understand her concern more than some we have seen in the past for two reasons: (1) the shaved sides could be a really tricky haircut to grow out without looking ridiculous and (2) my daughter has very curly hair and it feels like it takes an eeeeterrrrrrrnity to grow out - I can only imagine it must feel like an even longer time with Bre's hair texture (at least what I can tell through the TV).

I detest Alexandria. I just cannot look forward to her and her fake self.

I agree that any photo where the model had a mouthful of food was pretty gross. Maybe in a smaller magazine ad size it wouldn't look so nasty?

I did not like Isis's photo at all. She was standing like a frat guy.

I did think Bianca's photo was very nice, she looked lovely. Overall Lisa's was good, but I don't think I could get past the food in her mouth. I also thought Laura did a great job, but the photo they chose looked a little too sexual.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm in the minority once again. I liked Nigel much better with hair! I didn't even recognize him at first but then when he spoke I was like wow, it's Nigel!! I was so disappointed when he had Tyra shave it off and he went bald again.

Sorry, but I don't like baldies. I don't like hair elsewhere on the body but I do like it on top of a person's head. Just personal preference.

I was surprised that Lisa won instead of the girl with the candid shot. I thought her picture was much better than Lisa's but whatever. I agree that food shots tend to be gross. I don't want to see food in a model's mouth or smeared all over her body.

If I was the girl that had proud as her word, I would have posed with the hotdog as though I had cooked it and won an award for it, like I was proud to be serving my hotdogs.

Isis's picture was awful. You could tell she used to be a guy because she looked like she was doing a crotch grab. Honey, that isn't the weiner you were supposed to be touting in this picture!
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-22-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Endit likes this.

Pikachu wrote: "Isis's picture was awful. You could tell she used to be a guy because she looked like she was doing a crotch grab. Honey, that isn't the weiner you were supposed to be touting in this picture!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Isis is a proper she now in all regards. She's had that surgery as well.

That said, I do agree with you - her hand position needed work because she did post a bit more masculine than feminine. Surprised she ranked up as high as she did, that said, like Shannon I don't think either will be going away anytime soon until Tyra can do some form of nude shot. I personally don't think that fair to Isis, but it wouldn't surprise me for ratings.

BTW, I really DO NOT LIKE the bumper cards they've added to this show saying it's the all stars. It looks pageanty, and yes, I know the opening credits are that way (and BTW, I think just as bad and definitely Tyra focused), but it really looks gimmicky.

I didn't really like Lisa's picture either. The mouth full of food was just not attractive at all. Did she live up to her chosen word? Yes. But it was just too much. I think Bianca should have won. Her picture was beautiful.

Laura's picture was nice, but it didn't embody her chosen word. Wasn't that the point? I didn't get it. I didn't get Camille's picture either. And what kind of picture could Shannon possibly have taken to embody the word trustworthy? It was all just silly. Hot dogs. Stupid words. Lame makeovers.

I'll continue watching, but so far, I'm not impressed with this all-stars season.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    And what kind of picture could Shannon possibly have taken to embody the word trustworthy? It was all just silly. Hot dogs. Stupid words. Lame makeovers.
    How about portraying a girl with a sweet smile on her face offering someone else a hotdog? Looking approachable, like someone you'd trust to take a hotdog from.

It was a stupid challenge, though. I don't like where they mix up weird words and have the girls act them out or interpret them. I don't think photo shoots are done like that in the real world so what's the point? At least use words and situations that might occur in real life.

Alexandria crying because she was so happy made me LOL. Is that mean? I didn't like her haircut, actually, I didn't like how it looked so flat. Like it was over flat-ironed it. May be it'll look better once it starts to grow out or when it's fluffier.

CCL

Who knew gay was so five years ago. Thanks branding guy! Um....ok. The whole branding segment was stupid. Yes, branding is important, but it is rarely so simple as to project one word/facet, particularly ones as vague as "free".

The pics where food was smeared etc were gross. Surprised Lisa won; her pic is up on Pink's website, complete with food in mouth.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm glad they had makeovers. I wasn't sure they would this being an "all star" edition. I thought most of them were good ones too.

I would have been fine with just an eating a hot dog photo shoot, but adding the words in made it kind of stupid in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread