+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

I would also think that the other two girls are bound by a confidentiality agreement. With all the interviews Lisa did yesterday, she pretty much said nothing outside the ANTM party-line

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This was filmed months ago, so the posts are long gone. Someone had to have seen them or the original ending would have stood. I wonder if we'll see screenshots released soon. The proof is that they shot the final judging in LA instead of Greece.

Regardless of who won and when, I can't believe that, out of those three, the judges didn't pick Allison. Angelea was only ever going to win because of her story and Lisa for her personality. Allison is the only one young enough and with enough talent to have a successful modeling career. I don't dislike Lisa, but it's completely improbable that, at 30, she will have any kind of modeling career. Maybe some models continue a successful career into their 30's and 40's, but starting out at that age? Nope.

This is just more proof that Tyra has no talent for picking winners who will actually work. With a few exceptions, the most successful models from this show did not win.
    Was it cycle 12 where Celia was eliminate because she was too old at 25? I thought Lisa was a good performance artist, but not a top runway model. Allison took much more beautiful pictures/
    Duckyface likes this.

Now interviews with Lisa are implying that Angelea wasn't the winner and that Lisa was chosen even in the original footage shot in Greece.

Of course, Lisa doesn't actually say this point blank-- saying instead slight evasions like "in my heart, I knew I was the real winner" and "Tyra told me my personal story impressed her more than any other"-- but the articles are being presented as if she did spell it out on the record.

Jay Manuel is Tweeting that none of the judges were told why Angelea was DQ'd, and reports are out there claiming that Angelea is going to end the rumors with a press conference this weekend-- or not, depending on what you're reading.

Well, at least CW got a lot more coverage from this cycle than they would've if they'd simply picked a winner, and it's gone from being dismissed as possibly the most "meh" ANTM cycle to being cited as one of the biggest reality TV shockers ever.

Since some reports are now saying that Angelea only leaked the final 3 before the show aired, this makes me wonder if Lisa did in fact win originally, and all CW did with the DQ was revoke any prizes Angelea won (return trip to Greece, gold laurel wreath) in the challenges-- and rather than just tack on a brief "Due to a breach of contract, all prizes awarded to Angelea Preston have been forfeited" disclaimer at the beginning of the credits, the network chose to make it as much of a "WTH just happened?" moment as they could.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 12-10-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Wouldn't surprise me if Angelea's big mouth got her dq'd. If Lisa won, I'm once again disappointed and wondering why they choose who they do.

I think Allison should have won, out of these three. It might have put right her not winning her cycle. Of course, I liked Celia to win that cycle, but she was too "old" at 25. Uh huh. Look at Lisa!

I'm not sorry I missed most of the episodes, and I doubt I will even try to watch them online. This was not a good cycle, if one even exists. Tyra is just too into herself, and the show has gone way downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Mae View Post
    Was it cycle 12 where Celia was eliminate because she was too old at 25? I thought Lisa was a good performance artist, but not a top runway model. Allison took much more beautiful pictures/
    But cover girl is all about eyes, hers were always hurting.You cant go out on a shoot and have your eyes run because the light hurts. I dont think this bodes well for her eyes in the future, never mind modeling. That would be my worry.They seem to hurt more (even more ) I should say, than her last cycle
    Photobabe likes this.

Good grief! I just watched the finale and frankly, compared to AUNtm, Lisa looks like she could be the Australian girl's Mom or Grandma. She's got personality up the wazoo (kinda trashy personality at times, IMO) but she looks OLD for being the fresh face of Cover Girl and ANTM. What a joke.

Alison should have won. She's quirky and beautiful. The whole controversy over her not being able to open up her eyes on the cover girl shoot was ridiculous. They would shoot her indoors if that were really an issue for the client, and if they really wanted her. I have no doubt though that Lisa will go on to be a singer or performer or whatever and will NOT be anything close to a "top model."

Then again, who is that comes out of this ridiculous show?

And why did Angelea get DQ'd? The whole ending was bizarre, IMO

Tyra, you have seriously jumped the shark. Seriously.

It's driving me crazy not to know why Angelea was DQd. I wish they would come out with the reason. I like Lisa as the winner and really didn't like Angelea's attitude or personality. Lisa was on Celebrity Rehab? I don't remember that but I liked Lisa's professionalism when she was faced with all of those shots at the bar. You would think she was a drinker with her 'party girl' personality and I liked the fact that she shows you can have fun being sober.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I thought Lisa looked old in-between challenges and at judging but when she had her hair and makeup done for a shoot, she looked much younger and her pictures didn't look old! I definitely think she deserved the win.
    Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.

And I really thought that 'Modelland' was a joke - and that they were doing something ridiculous for the models. But the book is real. Tyra is out of her mind.
    sweetpea likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree, beerbelly. Tyra has lost it. I used to really like her when ANTM first started. Somewhere along the way, the show became all about her and less about the girls she's modeling into models. Now Tyra is just a joke, and an unfunny one at that. I wouldn't be surprised if ANTM gets cancelled. It jumped the shark a few cycles back.
    sweetpea and Duckyface like this.

+ Reply to Thread