+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This is just more proof that Tyra has no talent for picking winners who will actually work. With a few exceptions, the most successful models from this show did not win.
    Janice Dickinson claims that the judges say never really mattered because Covergirl picks the winner. Whether not shes telling the truth is up in the air.

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Here's an article about it: Janice Dickinson: ANTM isn't reality - Fashion & Beauty, Woman - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

If it's true, I'll just say that the Cover Girl people are crummy judges of modeling talent!
    Last edited by Critical; 12-08-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    Janice Dickinson claims that the judges say never really mattered because Covergirl picks the winner. Whether not shes telling the truth is up in the air.
    I think JD is an ugly has been( Inside and out ugly ) I wouldnt take what she says as a truth

Who is John Galt?

Angelea was the one who actually won but got disqualified - what??? I am not surprised she was Tyra's "favorite" and let me count the ways.
    1. She is the poor girl from the wrong side of town (we know this because she whined about it constantly).
    2. She would be the most "politically correct" choice.
    3. She tried to make everyone sorry for her (which evidently Tyra bought hook, line, and sinker).
    4. She is very tall and super skinny (with absolutely NO shape to her body). This is "perfection" in a model.
    5. She was this season's "if I can do it, you can too" contestant.

Personally, I found her crying, whining, poor little me, I am the one who "needs" it the most attitude, irritating at best and downright disgusting most of the time. She was another example of someone who feels she is entitled to get something just because she deserves it, not because she earned it. I am not surprised she got disqualified for opening her big mouth and bragging about her win.

Overall, none of the final three would have been my choice and I think they let the best of rest go way too early, but I am not qualified to know how or why they decide, so it is what it is.
    Endit and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    Angelea was the one who actually won but got disqualified - what??? I am not surprised she was Tyra's "favorite" and let me count the ways.
    1. She is the poor girl from the wrong side of town (we know this because she whined about it constantly).
    2. She would be the most "politically correct" choice.
    3. She tried to make everyone sorry for her (which evidently Tyra bought hook, line, and sinker).
    4. She is very tall and super skinny (with absolutely NO shape to her body). This is "perfection" in a model.
    5. She was this season's "if I can do it, you can too" contestant.

Personally, I found her crying, whining, poor little me, I am the one who "needs" it the most attitude, irritating at best and downright disgusting most of the time. She was another example of someone who feels she is entitled to get something just because she deserves it, not because she earned it. I am not surprised she got disqualified for opening her big mouth and bragging about her win.

Overall, none of the final three would have been my choice and I think they let the best of rest go way too early, but I am not qualified to know how or why they decide, so it is what it is.
    We dont know she won , didnt they just say she disclosed the F3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We dont know she won , didnt they just say she disclosed the F3.
    This is true, but Fanny Mare - the thing is most of us speculate if she wasn't the winner... they wouldn't have had to refilm it in Los Angeles some time later.

Personally out of those three, I think Lisa and Allison were the better of the trio. I'd still prefered Laura, Brittany, Sheena or a couple of others as finalists.

I really DO wonder though looking at the winner and the whole season what it might've been like had Brittany not won the (first sadly) WTHey moment of the season.

Reading Allison's interview about the show... I also wonder if Angelea had other issues...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Allison was a bit vague, saying that she thinks Angelea's DQ was of a personal nature, but she loved her so much as a person she was not going to say why.

I do think she knows why the DQ, but is very respectful of her friend. For that - I have an even greater respect for Allison.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

One of my pet peeves on reality shows is contestants who feel they deserve the top prize because "they want it the most".

Well, guess what...everyone who applied for the show wants it! You might feel you want it the most but I'm sure every contestant feels the same way. Some of them might even need it more than you do for your own selfish reasons.

Besides that, the prize goes to the person who deserves it the most, the one who earns it, not the one who wants it the most. There is a difference between the two.
    Duckyface likes this.

KinmokuPrincess: Janice Dickinson claims that the judges say never really mattered because Covergirl picks the winner. Whether not shes telling the truth is up in the air.
    I've always suspected this was true to some degree, though I thought the modeling agency and the magazine had some sway as well, but to a lesser extent.

CG obviously had more at stake, given that the winner had to be publicly connected with their product, and especially during the "My Life as a CoverGirl" years. The magazine has always only had to sacrifice space in one issue (and Seventeen did "double covers" with the winner on the back), and the modeling agency could (and usually did) let a model "just sit in the corner" after shooting a little portfolio work.

But since the show has been essentially a big commercial for CG from the minute they started offering the contract as a prize-- though recently not as glaringly as in some cycles when the models had to robotically praise the product as they were being made up-- I don't think Janice is making too much of a revelation here.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 12-09-2011 at 10:49 AM.

jadewarlock: Reading Allison's interview about the show... I also wonder if Angelea had other issues...
    I suspect there may be more to it other than the Facebook post, especially since it's been referred to in media reports as an "alleged" post that quickly disappeared and no one can quote or confirm. The way that it was handled on the show was peculiar as well.

My viewing partner says he suspects that Angelea may have discovered she was pregnant at some point during the competition and decided to conceal it, and that it may have been one of the reasons she started having a meltdown emotionally. If that's true, it definitely puts a new spin on her explosive exit from the house during the part where they had to judge each other.

He even speculated that during the final runway where they had to be hoisted in flying harnesses, Angelea might have worried that she did something to endanger the pregnancy, resulting in that reaction they showed backstage after the runway.

Since it might not be a good PR move to eliminate a mother-to-be, yet equally problematic to have a pregnant winner, the Facebook leak was chosen as a cover reason for the DQ.

Since he said it, I've also seen it mentioned online, and Allison's comments imply the whole story behind the DQ isn't being told. I guess, though, that this is one theory that's easy to prove or disprove...

+ Reply to Thread