+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    I'm just curious - (assuming the rumors are true & Angelea was dq'd because she accidentally leaked the results) How does one "accidentally" post something before the results are broadcast? I mean, if the finale hasn't aired, keep your trap SHUT!
    You get your week's mixed up. That can happen.

But yeah, most likely she was too excited and blurted it out.

At least Tyra had the guts to DQ her - especially since in other cases where we've felt contestants should've been DQ'd or were favorites and it was blatant who'd win even though they weren't good (Saliesha).'

And again - I loved Angelea's photos overall, but you have to keep your mouth shut on these things.

I finally got the time to watch the finale. YAY for Lisa!! I was pulling for her the entire season. I think she's beautiful and I wish her well.

That said, her "win" must be a bit like kissing your sister (...or brother). Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm so thrilled Lisa won! She takes fantastic pictures and she has a vibrant personality so I think she was the best choice.

I can't believe Angelea was going to be the winner. She's so trashy and emotionally unstable. How many times did she need a pep talk during photo shoots??? I wouldn't think her behavior would be accepted in the real modeling world. That ish would get old quick to companies wanting to hire a model to launch an expensive campaign or represent their company's product.

Allison is different, which is good in one way and bad in another. Not everyone is going to connect with her and she doesn't seem to relate well to people in general, being too introverted and socially awkward. She needs to do something about her eyes, too. I don't know if there are contacts she can wear to shield her eyes from harsh sunlight when she needs to or if she just needs to use eye drops.
    Very vibrant. She takes a gorgeous photo

It is a shame Angela did not have self control. She is really going to have to work on that. That would explain what appeared to be an under reaction of the final two. (I know. She might have wanted to payback some meany. She ended up paying back herself....so quit that)

Like I said, Lisa is very talented. We quit caring who the actual winner was long ago. We just want to see them all do well.

Dumb runway where they all wear masks. You could have put anybody behind the mask and parade them around.
    You can do it!

Lizard: Dumb runway where they all wear masks. You could have put anybody behind the mask and parade them around.
    The final runways have gotten too stunt-oriented, and this one was the worst ever, in my opinion.

I mean, what's next, Tyra? "It's a circus-themed runway. We'll put you in Vivienne Westwood and load you into a cannon and fire you into a net at the end of the runway! Fierce landings, ladies!"
    Duckyface likes this.

pikachu: [Allison] needs to do something about her eyes, too. I don't know if there are contacts she can wear to shield her eyes from harsh sunlight when she needs to or if she just needs to use eye drops.
    My mom was an ophthalmic technician (assisted an eye doctor) for many years. Allison has a condition called "photophobia" to some degree. It can be a symptom of more serious problems, so hopefully she'll get that checked out, but if she has trouble handling outdoor shoots or brightly lit sets, there's an easy fix.

For years, they've made special prosthetic contact lenses that are designed to hide damaged or malformed irises or pupils. There's an opaque part that matches your iris (the colored ring) while leaving the pupil (the black area in the center that expands and contracts) clear. This is usually done to correct a pupil that has an irregular shape or doesn't contract and stays too large (like one of David Bowie's eyes).

For photophobic eyes like Allison's, they can match her natural irises and include a little opaque black covering the outside edge of her pupils leaving only a clear "pinhole", which reduces the amount of light entering her eyes. If she only needs them for bright lighting conditions, it's an easy, invisible fix.

Did she ever have this problem during her cycle? If it's something that recently developed or suddenly got worse, I hope the show pushed her to get it checked out.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 12-08-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't remember it being an issue for Allison the first cycle she was on.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I'm glad Lisa won, and I think she deserved to, but I hate the fact that the way she won diminished it.

It's also sad that Angelea actually had been chosen the winner and had it taken away from her. Given the way she feels about herself and how her life has gone, this is a really hard kick.

It's not like info hasn't leaked about the winner of this show from the very beginning-- and if accounts online are correct and the Twitter comment from her was made November 30, I think they could've just let the decision stand and countered it with other tweeted messages as a smokescreen. It's not like this had much time to "ruin" the cycle by letting it out too early.

I think they need to change the format of the show in the future to prevent this. Do the final photo shoots, commercial, runway-- everything up to the big announcement-- in the "foreign destination" and put it in the can. Then on the night the last episode airs, bring the F2 (or, in this case, the F3) back to L.A. and do the announcement of the winner live.

You'll get better drama and less chance of a leak if no one knows until that picture flashes up.

Heck, they could even have each judge cast a vote secretly into a computer set to display the picture of the top vote-getter, so that even the judges don't know until the pic (or clip) is displayed. (It could also be set to request a second voting in case of a tie.)

Could you imagine Tyra not even knowing if her "chosen one" won until the night the final episode aired?
    Endit, jucamer and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    It is interesting that nobody saw this alledged post of A's.....because there was no talk that she positively won....just conjecture.
    This was filmed months ago, so the posts are long gone. Someone had to have seen them or the original ending would have stood. I wonder if we'll see screenshots released soon. The proof is that they shot the final judging in LA instead of Greece.

Regardless of who won and when, I can't believe that, out of those three, the judges didn't pick Allison. Angelea was only ever going to win because of her story and Lisa for her personality. Allison is the only one young enough and with enough talent to have a successful modeling career. I don't dislike Lisa, but it's completely improbable that, at 30, she will have any kind of modeling career. Maybe some models continue a successful career into their 30's and 40's, but starting out at that age? Nope.

This is just more proof that Tyra has no talent for picking winners who will actually work. With a few exceptions, the most successful models from this show did not win.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I heard the next one is already wrapped up.Yanks vs Brits . Andre ( snobby) wont be there either

Looking forward to the next cycle double

+ Reply to Thread