+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Allison should have won her last season....

I did really get the reason why they voted Laura out, was it cause they said she was too "sexy"? I forget.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I have only one thing to say - Tyra Banks is so love with Tyra Banks it is hard to watch her.

Agree!!!! And it has been that way for a while now. It is all about Tyra. I think she has gotten a tad more self-centered now that she is concerned with the 'brand". I think her time at Harvard and the associations there have really affected her. Remember how she was not good with girls who had college backgrounds especially Ivy League ? Now she is one of them and there is no holding her down . LOL!

I like tyra, she has done well for herself, and worked hard doing so/
    live4romance likes this.

FORT Fogey

Alison needs a hair cut and new color. I have said this many times but I just have to say it again!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Looking at the final photos this week, I can say I feel very confident in my final analysis here. It is however potential spoilers.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm almost certain Allison is one of the final two. Her dress is almost an EXACT copy of the one drawn by the artist in his rendering. Not fond of the ivory color, but it's not bad.

Lisa's comes close to her style while Angelea's looks like a decoy.

I think all three Cover Girl photos are lovely, though Lisa's has her hair over part of one eye, and they're modeling eyeshadow from the looks of things. Angelea's is lovely - reminiscent of the one Brittany shot last year.

Going by the runway looks, I'd say Lisa and Allison, by Cover Girl Allison and Angelea.

The alleged DQ is the factor here and WHERE it's going to factor.

I'm almost 100 percent positive though Allison is definitely in the final two based on the lacy dress.

I was so fed up with Tyra's contradictory statements during that video shoot! She tells Laura not to be sexy and then tells her to shoot whipped cream into her mouth!? Is there a way eat whipped cream from a can and look good without innuendo!? Also, when Tyra was shooting with Tyson she was talking about how innocent the scene was. Then she proceeded to suck on his finger!?!? WTH!?

I don't think I have been so disappointed with a final 3. I am fine with Allison, but like others have said Lisa is crass and looks too old for modeling while Angelea has a terrible attitude. I also mixed up Angelea and Dominique for a large part of the cycle, so I agree that her look is far from unique. Bleh!!

I was so fed up with Tyra's contradictory statements during that video shoot! She tells Laura not to be sexy and then tells her to shoot whipped cream into her mouth!? Is there a way eat whipped cream from a can and look good without innuendo!? Also, when Tyra was shooting with Tyson she was talking about how innocent the scene was. Then she proceeded to suck on his finger!?!? WTH!?
    If I'm remembering correctly, in the actual footage of Laura in the video they ran the shot in reverse, so that she was shooting whipped cream out of her open mouth into the can (same goes for the trash she was tossing around looking for the "Tookie" button).

And I'm sure Tyra would cite her moment with Tyson Beckford as an example of how to keep it looking "innocent" even when the action is inherently suggestive.

If you ask me, it just wound up looking goofy rather than sexy. Tyra's eyes and the sudden "slurp" she did on his finger read more to me like "starving carp going for bait" than "steamy seductress". It was like someone in a comedy attempting to "eat suggestively" on a dinner date, and instead just coming across as having hideous table manners coupled with inappropriately intense eye contact.

--

Also, regarding a certain dress and spoilers: I thought they established last week that they're breaking precedent and having all three finalists walk in a 3-way runway stomp. If that's the case, the dress wouldn't necessarily be significant of anything.

But hey, we'll see tomorrow night...
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 12-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post

Also, regarding a certain dress and spoilers: I thought they established last week that they're breaking precedent and having all three finalists walk in a 3-way runway stomp. If that's the case, the dress wouldn't necessarily be significant of anything.

But hey, we'll see tomorrow night...
    Well... maybe, but I will say that if that is true - the one I mentioned is the ONLY one that really was IMHO something that can be seen as couture or a designer dress. The others looked cheap.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I don't think I have been so disappointed with a final 3. I am fine with Allison, but like others have said Lisa is crass and looks too old for modeling while Angelea has a terrible attitude. I also mixed up Angelea and Dominique for a large part of the cycle, so I agree that her look is far from unique. Bleh!!
    I absolutely agree with everything you said. The episode was uncomfortable to watch it was so self-indulgent in regard to Tyra and her "book". Angelea is so argumentative, defensive, immature, and thinks she is owed everything because of her rough childhood, it would be a turn-off to me for any future viewing of AMTM.

I wasn't happy when I learned which contestants were picked to be "All Stars. A lot of them I did not like or even forgot about.
    This season was really stupid, sorry.

I do like Lisa and Alison but not so much Angelea. can't understand why she is still there. her work has been awful this season except for the 4 seconds when she appeared in that video crying but then she looked riciculous in the other 4 seconds running. I think she is chosen by Tyra to win. ugh!

Best model is Alison.

+ Reply to Thread