+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Dang I hate we dont see this until tonight!! I loved Laura, I actually like them all. I know you will all know who wins before me( its so hard not to look) my dd has the book , and she loved it! I might take a peek now.The video work was terrific, I love how it all comes together.Tyson is really hawt!

Allison eyes, they are huge , and so expressive, but is that that reason she had trouble with the light? I cant see that working out as a model
    Well, some people are indeed sensitive to light just because of the glare as it is. Her pupils may not close down to the narrowist point in bright light, it could be the infared light, or other conditions. It could also be a precursor to some really bad migraines if she is in stark light too long, so it could be a symptom instead of a cause.

I do find it funny she calls them vampire eyes, especially given her interest in nosebleeds (from her previous cycle).

Like you Fanny, I think the video work was terrific. They really did well overall all four of them, and it was a shame they didn't do one more double elimination and give them all another chance. But, that's Tyra's choice and we have to respect it.

As far as Tyra's book, I haven't read it, though it does sound interesting. I commend her for writing a book, because it is difficult. I don't know though if it'll be the full triology like she's wanting to do though. (This is apparently speculation - I haven't heard confirms that she is doing this as a series of three books).

FORT Fogey

If you saw the preview for next week, there was mention of a DQ. Of course so much is distorted on reality show previews so we do not know what will happen. However, a couple of people on another board posted that both Dominique and Miss Jay commented on the explosive ending of the cycle......so who knows...does somebody get kicked out of the final three...do they bring Laura back??

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    If you saw the preview for next week, there was mention of a DQ. Of course so much is distorted on reality show previews so we do not know what will happen. However, a couple of people on another board posted that both Dominique and Miss Jay commented on the explosive ending of the cycle......so who knows...does somebody get kicked out of the final three...do they bring Laura back??
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is indeed a DQ, which admittedly will piss me off because unless it's during one of those little competitions they do prior to photoshoots, the contestant took a spot of one of the eliminated contestants, particularly the consistent Laura.

Speculation/spoilers on the DQ for possibly all three and it NOT be a challenge related one (though this may be the most likely thing):

Click to see Spoiler:
    Lisa - she supposedly not completing rehab for her alcoholism, but claiming she did. Or a possible fight with another contestant

Angelea - possible fight with another contestant, some sort of record.

Allison - well, honestly I don't know here unless she posed underage in underwear or nude and Tyra just now knows.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

So sorry to see Laura go... I guess I will have to root for Allison for the win now.
    Lisa is a little to "over the top" for me... and a little crass?? However, I think that she would do a good job as a TV correspondent.
    Angelea... I can't believe she is in this and Laura is gone. I cannot see Angelea as a TV correspondent AT ALL. She is just not professional/polished enough for that prize.
    I really miss Kayla.
    I think the judges should be considering each week who would be the best for all of the tasks that the winner needs to do... not just considering that week's photos.

I wish they'd brought back Hanna and Jaclyn from last season.
    Last edited by jmb; 12-02-2011 at 01:34 PM.

I like Lisa, I think she gives it 100%. I just dont know if that will see her to a win. I cant see Laura interviewing anyone, as much as I loved her. I thought we saw a softer side of Angelea last night.Alison is the one that interests me the most, she keeps saying how insecure she is, and then he hits it out of the ballpark
    I enjoy these three as they are really different from one another

Regarding the TV correspondent aspect of the prizes,...I can't help but think that they are going to have a very tight reign on no matter who wins, when it comes to this. I see scripted questions and another experienced correspondent right there to take over immediately, should things go "south". Having said that, I really don't see this part of the prize package having much bearing whatsoever on the panel's final decision. JMO.

For me, the only logical choice now is Allison. Lisa is simply too old now and Angelea is just too rough around the edges. I think Allison is totally unique and that's what should set her apart. There is NO ONE in modeling who looks like her - she's totally memorable.....unlike Angelea, who I kept mixing up with Dominique this cycle.

I was very sad to see Laura go. I thought it would come down to her and Allison. While Laura's less polished in person, I think she can work on that. She takes beautiful pictures and she's got an appealing personality. I think she has a nice career ahead of her in whatever she decides to pursue, whether that be acting or modeling or both.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've missed most of this season, can't seem to find the episodes easily on Youtube anymore.

I was disgusted when finding it on Bravo last night, I saw Angelea still in the competition.

I can't stand her! She is so tacky and low-life. Her ugly personality totally overcomes any beauty she might have and I find her lacking in that as well.

If she wins I think I'll just take a pass on any more of Tyra's shows.

Allison should win. She's certainly an original.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

FORT Fogey

I watched parts of the marathon last night......it was amazing that they let some really good models go so early in the cycle..and this is what we are left with.
    Tribal Speak likes this.

Who is John Galt?

I have only one thing to say - Tyra Banks is so love with Tyra Banks it is hard to watch her.
    Tribal Speak likes this.

+ Reply to Thread