+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

I love Lisa, too, beerbelly. I thought she was great in the cycle she was in and even better this time!

I hate Angelea. She has absolutely no class and she's so unstable! She's a disaster waiting to happen and I don't see her having a successful career at anything, let alone something as stressful as modeling. She doesn't play well with others, which will make it hard for her to develop and maintain contacts. I will be so ticked if she wins this cycle.

If it were up to me, Angelea would have been sent home weeks ago. Heck, I wouldn't have even invited her to be on All-Stars!

I hope Tyra's book is better than the weird, lame video editorial they shot for it. That was painful to watch. At least we got to see Tyson Beckford in the episode.
    Photobabe likes this.

Thanks for saving me the time to watching the rest of this season. I honestly don't get what Tyra sees in Allison but whatever...I am done for this cycle.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Aw, man... I hated seeing Laura go. And I totally disagree with the judges, she is a much better model than they were making out as the excuse for eliminating her. It really hurt to see her crying and saying that what hurt her was that they didn't think she was all that good a model.

And I agree with those here who call shenanigans on the "too sexy" rap. They kept giving her things where it was easy to pick a shot or a take where they could throw this on her.

Well, hopefully Laura will get something where we can see her again. She's just too darn cute 'n' lovable to just go away. TV commercial campaign, gosh darn it!!!

As much as I also love Allison, I have a feeling she'd be just as happy not winning-- I'm sure she'd just go back to a career in the arts (wasn't she talking about being an art director in the first ep?) and be happy as a little blood-flecked clam.

As for the show itself: I wish Tyra would stick to photo shoots rather than video work. For me, her photos have usually been the high point, photography-wise, of each cycle, and I always feel robbed when she does something like this instead.

At this point, if you go just by what they've been saying about the models this week, Lisa would win it.

They've criticized Angelea over the last few weeks for not delivering good work consistently, and Nigel actually called her a "time bomb" personality-wise to Franca Sozzani. Plus, she got a big prize at a challenge, which frequently signals "consolation prize" (like Alexandria's car).

Allison has gotten called out on personality enough to make her iffy on the interview aspect of the winner's obligations, and they're even starting to find faults with her photos, which is not a good sign. Worse, they've discovered a physical weakness she can't do much about controlling-- though I'm sure there are special contact lenses that would cut the glare for outdoor shoots.

Which leaves Lisa. She's got a huge personality, but she seems to have grown enough since C5 to know when to tone it down, and she's a consistently strong model. However, they keep pulling shots for judging that don't look as strong as what we see her doing during the shoot. This means either one of two things: they're setting her up for an "inconsistent performance" elimination-- or she's a "stealth winner" they didn't want to look too good too soon.

Next week should be interesting, and I'm looking forward to a three-way runway competition. (They did say all three are walking, right?)
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 12-01-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typos, typos, typos...

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Her book is considered YA literature.....and in pulling up the NYT best seller list, I have not been able to find any mention of her or her book except when she did an appearance on a book tour. They didnt seem to list YA...just children's.....so what did you find to verify her claim?
    I did a search of it online. Additionally, this book was released at least in October, so it could be archived pretty far back.

That said, this news has been in several verifiable and reliable news sources, so I'd say that she's not making it up. The NYT doesn't take kindly to fabricated information if you go back to the Scooter Libby issues.

I don't know if you can post links to news websites here or quote directly from them, but a Google search confirms "Modelland" debuted at #2 on the NYT bestseller list.

And according to columnist Florence Anthony (10/30/11 edition of the NY Amsterdam News), it also debuted at #1 on Barnes & Noble's best-selling charts and #2 on Amazon's.

I won't lie, I bought Modelland, its really not that bad, but its one of those books I'm ashamed of reading where people might see the cover and laugh.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Wasn't - it was Laura.
    Thank you. I didn't realize that I wrote the wrong name. Laura shouldn't have gone home!

CCL

So, wait ...there's a modeling school on top of a mountain and the heroine is named Tookie? The book sounds fabulously bad...I'm going to have to look for reviews unless KinmokuPrincess will grace us with her review.

Laura is beyond adorable. I could totally see her as an actress. She should look into that if she hasn't already. Lisa is more of a personality than anything...she should have a reality show. I'm ok with Angelea or Alison winning though I'd prefer Alison. And I wish Tyra at all would realize that having a quiet personality is not equal to having no personality and is certainly better than having a bad one.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    So, wait ...there's a modeling school on top of a mountain and the heroine is named Tookie? The book sounds fabulously bad...I'm going to have to look for reviews unless KinmokuPrincess will grace us with her review.

Laura is beyond adorable. I could totally see her as an actress. She should look into that if she hasn't already. Lisa is more of a personality than anything...she should have a reality show. I'm ok with Angelea or Alison winning though I'd prefer Alison. And I wish Tyra at all would realize that having a quiet personality is not equal to having no personality and is certainly better than having a bad one.
    Seeing the name again, I really wonder if Tyra had been reading our comments from Cycle 9 with Saleshia's win, and how we called her "Tootie" (based on that mushroom shaped haircut given to her that was also worn by Kim Fields on "The facts of Life") then complained about how we felt she won because she had attended Tyra's modeling camps at a younger age. I think she got the name from us... sort of, as well as part of the fictional aspect here. :-/

(Of course, this is probably coincidental, but who knows with her.)

Laura could do whatever she wants to, even beyond modeling. We know the truth and we'd like to see her do well. She just needs to keep looking at her experiences as positives and such.

I am most happy though that she did get to go to a true FOREIGN location this cycle and stayed for a long time. Still feel that cycle was gyped out of a real location and it was compounded by the fact it was the petite cycle.

Dang I hate we dont see this until tonight!! I loved Laura, I actually like them all. I know you will all know who wins before me( its so hard not to look) my dd has the book , and she loved it! I might take a peek now.The video work was terrific, I love how it all comes together.Tyson is really hawt!

Allison eyes, they are huge , and so expressive, but is that that reason she had trouble with the light? I cant see that working out as a model

+ Reply to Thread