+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Once you've made a big name for yourself then you can be difficult, before that you need to be great to work with, both with the photographer, director and the other girls.

Isn't one of the prizes a job as a red carpet announcer for one of the gossip show? Do you think the producers will pick Angelea to win with her strong accent?
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fogey

I have heard nothing good on any ANTM board about this latest selection of Angelea to defeat Dominique. Tyra has had some bad winners --Whitney and Salisha ring a bell??? and she looks like she is heading there again. The girl needed to be physically moved by Nigel to get the correct position and she walked out on Miss Jay's challenge and had to be brought back by him.......would not either one of the two...never mind both...be enough to send the girl packing???
    Kip and Endit like this.

Dominique always looked like a drag queen to me - I could never understand why she was even on the show. I know different is always good in the modeling world, but she looked more like Rupaul than Rupaul did
    Shoepie likes this.

I agree with iBot - Dominique just won best picture and she had the gut not to say 'I can't choose...blah blah blah'. She had been a much better performer than Angelea. Bad decision but I guess Tyra wants some 'good tv'.
    Kip likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Why, why, why does Tyra continually choose angry, black women who go ghetto on everyone? They will never make it. Who wants to hire someone who acts like this? It only serves to illustrate this show has no credibility. I watch with half my attention so I may be wrong here but I don't think any of these contestants have ever established a career that pays the rent?

I find it odd that Alison has not been given another make over. That long blonde hair doesn't work. Her natural brown was better and she could benefit from a short cut.

Lisa and that blonde bubble set makes her less attractive and even older looking!
    Kip and Endit like this.

CCL

Is Angelea black? I thought she was Latina? Or maybe biracial?
    A number of contestants have made a career in modeling, albeit not at the Gisele/Heidi Klum/whoever level, but decent enough.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Okay, playing catch-up here after being away from this board for a couple of weeks:

"Greek salad" shoot-- I thought Dominique's photo was incredible, Lisa's was good, Angelea's was good but too much of a struggle during the shoot to get her into "model mode", and Allison's was okay-- but not nearly as good as they were making it out at panel. (I guess I just prefer my Greek salad topped with Kalamata olives rather than a dead-looking Goth Lolita.)

I was actually a bit nervous that they were going to axe Laura over Shannon, because there was no mention made in panel that Laura was sick the day of the shoot and was struggling to do as well as she did. (I'm sure the smell of huge blocks of feta cheese sitting out in the sun for a few hours really helped her feel less queasy.)

Since Tyra used to make a big deal of the fact that she stood by her guns and refused to do certain shoots even though it hurt her as a new model, I was afraid she was going to cite this as a way to give Shannon a pass for not doing the shoot.

But kudos to Tyra for actually calling it right and pointing out that Shannon's work was not up to the level of her work in C1-- and at this point her work should've surpassed her previous cycle's work. When they showed her portfolio there were just too many weak shots, especially the "Snooki" shot where her hand actually cast a shadow over her face (which would've marked this shot for rejection on a real shoot).

However:

"Olympics" shoot-- Dominique. Got. Robbed.

It was obvious from what we could see of the shoot and what Nigel said that Dominique was bringing it, even if she wasn't familiar with a javelin. And Andre Leon Talley's "Masai warrior queen" rant seemed a bit desperate to dismiss, considering Dominique didn't style what she'd be wearing to pose with a spear.

As much as I like Angelea and sympathize with her and believe she has the potential to be a model, she just keep running herself into the wall too much. I would've hated to see her go, but the facts are that: 1) one of the panel judges had to personally pose her like Gumby to get a usable photo out of her, and: 2) the judging panel discussed how Angelea shuts down when she gets uncomfortable with something and Tyra asked what would happen if she did this at a red carpet event.

Add to this the fact that Dominique has improved as a model since her cycle and Angelea has gone down since hers, and I'm sorry to say it's clear this was an unfair decision. (And I don't think the "mommy factor" applied here, since the prize package involved a different level of commitment than in previous cycles.)

As for the other photos-- Laura's was rightfully first (and the stretched skirt didn't bother me), Allison's was good, but she lost the product (since this was accessories modeling, the purse should've been featured more) and they gave her a pass, and I bet Lisa had a better shot than the one they used.

And I loved the moment during the shoot when Lisa said she was concerned about really jumping because they'd call her on it and pull a dud shot to bring her down, and Nigel had to do a lame mock-insulted, "Why would you think we'd do something like that?" defense.

I just wish she'd looked him in the eye and said, "Please. I was in C5 and this ain't my first time in Tyra's rodeo."

And, of course, they did exactly that-- pick a weaker shot than she probably would've gotten by controlling the pose rather than jumping, and criticize her for things that may have been partially due to what millisecond Nigel squeezed off the shot.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 11-20-2011 at 01:31 PM.

I'm in the minority, I know, but I actually like Lisa. She's beautiful and some of her pictures this season have been outsanding. That said, I doubt she'll win. It'll probably be between Laura and Allison. I'm not a true fan of either one but, if pushed, I'd choose Laura. I appreciate her look so much more than Allison's.

I think Allison will win.... blech.

I like Lisa, too, and actually thought she should've won C5. (And, yes, I know about "the diaper incident", but I'm going by the merits of the actual work delivered during the cycle, not what she did after the shoots.)

I strongly suspect Lisa's being pulled down a little here in favor of Allison-- I think her video was better than Allison's, and I've seen photoshoots where Lisa appeared to be delivering strong work, and some "meh" shot with some flaws for the judges to pick at appears at panel. There was no need for them to have chosen the shot they did for the "Michael Jackson" shoot; Lisa gave them a wide variety of poses. but they went with a jumping shot in order to tag her with it. And she was right to call Nigel on it.

I actually like Allison, too, and I won't be upset if she wins, but some weeks I've been going "Really?" when I see the shoot footage and then see the respective "best shots" at judging, and then hear what the judges say about Allison's photos. I don't think she's been delivering what she's capable of for at least the last couple of weeks, but they just gloss over it and praise her anyway.

I agree that it'll probably be Laura or Allison for the win, with the outcome decided by whether "quirky" beats "cuddly" as an interviewer style. And similarly, I really like Laura, too, and wouldn't complain if she wins.

Heck, I actually like Angelea, too-- I'm just disappointed tht she isn't delivering what I know she's capable of. And sometimes she looks so beautiful that she's amazing. I suppose it's possible that she's going to have a big "come-to-Tyra" moment next week and start delivering perfect work at the end and make it into the F3, the F2, and the win.

I guess at this point anything could happen, and at least I like all four remaining models. (Though I hated to see Dominique go, especially under the circumstances I stated above.)

+ Reply to Thread