+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

jadewarlock is absolutely right, she did do those!!!

but thinking about it further, she is married now and she wasn't then, so maybe thats the difference? Either way, she should've expected it, there's like a nude/topless photoshoot in every cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    jadewarlock is absolutely right, she did do those!!!

but thinking about it further, she is married now and she wasn't then, so maybe thats the difference? Either way, she should've expected it, there's like a nude/topless photoshoot in every cycle.
    To paraphrase Anna, Cycle 2, "The only person who sees my goodies is my husband" in regard to the body paint shoot from that cycle (still one of my all time favorite photoshoots for the sheer intricacy and detail they took in the shots and the final results. Only one I've ever seen match was the "Face Off" body paint challenge).

And since she didn't do it, she was eliminated.

While I agree that Shannon's opinion might be based on this, if she enters one of Tyra's competitions, she should've expected Tyra to bring back a challenge such as this because Tyra loves drama and would do this for that reason.

It'll be interesting tomorrow.

Whew, I'm glad that this episode finished like it did. The photos all looked really good in spite of the Greek Salad idea, though I wasn't as fond of Laura's as I"d like to have been. She kinda did too much of the sexpot this go instead of the innocence. That said this case she did have at least one still we saw elsewhere on the net that would be seen as a bit more loveable.

Shannon didn't do the shoot - and yes was eliminated. I'm glad because I didn't care that she had the "Trustworthy" brand - we saw several photos from her first cycle and even this cycle that she was in a bikini or two piece outfit. Heck, the bikini bottoms she wore for the first shoot I feel were less modest than the underwear today. Lisa was even dinged for looking like she was in a swimsuit because of it and the pose making the lingerie look more like it. (Then again I think even Angelea asked if it was a swimsuit).

Sorry, but it'd been a travesty if Shannon somehow made it over Laura, and I was afraid that Tyra was settig it up to appear as though Shannon would get a pass. Thankfully that didn't happen because at least Laura has taken risks, Shannon didn't.

As far as rest of season? - I'd be pretty much OK with any of them winning but my faves are Laura, Allison and Dominique (another model who was originally screwed over her original cycle with her haircut but now has a much better style).

Shannon probably has talked endlessly about the original nude photo shoot and her husband does religious affiliated music(? I do not know). So the decision for her makes sense. She chose conviction over fun, fame or money. I would have liked to see her win; but I think she is showing good development as a person. We are all in school in that respect. I could see that Tyra was touched and trying to convey to her that she cared. I saw the facial twitch.

That underwear looks like great swimsuits.

The girls are all in great shape. And Laura appears to be a sweetheart not wincing at the oil she is pouring on her face. I do not believe I could control myself.

Lisa needs to work in music or public relations field. She is talented and unique indeed.

So good job everyone

More all stars Tyra. More more more. Just like Survivor. Bring them back.
    You can do it!

This season is on track to become the biggest fiasco of them all.

The "caricatures of yourself" shoot, impersonating Snooki/Nene, and now a lingerie/bikini shoot in a oversized Greek salad? I have no idea where she even comes up with these ideas because they are so contradictory.

I miss the way older seasons, like c4-9... the dancing photo shoot, the ones where they sold ACTUAL PRODUCTS (like the Lubriderm one with them dressed up as animals), the 7 deadly sins one, the zodiac... and Tyra used to do the same photoshoots the contestants did too! Now it's just too campy and over the top.

It was totally wrong to single out Laura too. So she was sexy... who cares!? Every one of the other girls didn't portray their words for the photoshoot.
    Tribal Speak likes this.

Endit, IMHO the only reason Tyra used it was so she had a reason for Laura to be in the bottom two with Shannon. I think Shannon - though again Tyra respected her choice - didn't do the shoot and honestly all the other contestants have had a better portfolio with who is left. And yes, I respected Shannon's choice, but I didn't want her decision in the context of the game to be rewarded because it's not fair to those who were working to receive the top prize.

I may be in the minority, but this shoot actually is one of my favorites of this season. That said, I'm like you they need more shoots as they used to have the first 5 cycles. Cycle 6 onward it's been really gimmicky on many shoots. (Bearded woman and elephant girl on the Circus anyone?)

Did anyone else notice that the only dress shown being designed on the sketchbook was Allison's? I thought that pretty weird and maybe foreshadowing. It wasn't a bad idea though - but it is a bit reminiscent of Princess Kate's wedding dress.

I'm glad Shannon is gone. She seemed so unlikable this season, I really liked her in season 1, but then again, Robyn pretty much overshadowed her on unlikable.

And I agree, more All Stars! ...with any of these girls!

Cycle 1 - Elyse
    Cycle 2 - April, Shandi
    Cycle 3 - Tocarra, Norelle, Amanda
    Cycle 4 - Kahlen, Keenyah
    Cycle 5 - Nik
    Cycle 6 - Joanie, Sara
    Cycle 7 - Eugena, Melrose, Amanda, Michelle
    Cycle 8 - Natasha, Brittany
    Cycle 9 - Jenah, Chantal, Heather
    Cycle 10 - Anya, Fatima
    Cycle 11 - Marjorie, Analeigh, Samantha
    Cycle 12 - Celia
    Cycle 13 - Jennifer
    Cycle 14 - Raina
    Cycle 15 - Jane, Chelsey
    Cycle 16 - Jaclyn, Molly

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    I'm glad Shannon is gone. She seemed so unlikable this season, I really liked her in season 1, but then again, Robyn pretty much overshadowed her on unlikable.

And I agree, more All Stars! ...with any of these girls!
    I agree, but wanted to make a few notes here and there:

Cycle 1 - Elyse - She's been successful on her own. I don't think she'd put up with these photoshoots, and I have to say I agree.

Cycle 2 - April, Shandi - April has had lots of success and I think is still working. Shandi has pretty much turned into a DJ and has lots of tatoos. I think it's a shame, but that's her choice and I respect that.

Cycle 3 - Tocarra, Norelle, Amanda - Tocarra probably wouldn't because she's become a relatively big name in the industry for plus sized models. Norelle I'd like to see, but I don't know if she'd do it. Amanda most likely won't because apparently she is now completely blind from her eye condition.

Cycle 4 - Kahlen, Keenyah - Kahlen, I'd say yes, but she gave up modeling when Naima won. I can't say as I blame her - she did have much better overall photos. Keenyah, yeah, I see a redemption edit in her so if she said yes, I would agree.

Cycle 5 - Nik - I'd like to see her back, but don't know if she'd do it. Nicole here was at least a good winner and still works.

Cycle 6 - Joanie, Sara - Joanie I think depends on how much she does now in modeling. I'd love to see her back though. Sara yes, again she is prime for redemption after some ugly photo choices Tyra made.

Cycle 7 - Eugena, Melrose, Amanda, Michelle - Eugena I'd say iffy but she could do with redemption (if she is the one who didn't do the water walkway challenge, I would say NO for sure). Melrose is fairly successful but does deserve redemption. I don't think Amanda nor Michelle will do the show, and Tyra would most likely want both if invited.

Cycle 8 - Natasha, Brittany - Both most definitely. Jaslene was a worthy choice post show (I didn't think so during show, but she has redeemed herself, and honestly put on weight so she looks much lovelier). Both of these contestants though showed they had the skills and the like. Brittany just needs to control her temper - and no Strawberry Shortcake/Doc Brown crossbreed weaves).

Cycle 9 - Jenah, Chantal, Heather - Not sure about Jenah, I was meh on her. I would say definitely the other two - ALL THREE however robbed by Saleshia, who was IMHO the fastest to drop of radar post show.

Cycle 10 - Anya, Fatima - Yes to both, but Fatima needs to gain weight or if she has keep it. I worried about her during the series.

Cycle 11 - Marjorie, Analeigh, Samantha - I'd say yes to all of them, though Samantha probably less so (not much - she was just overpowered by an impressive McKey).

Cycle 12 - Celia - Yes, she was the best older model we've seen in a long time. Just no more jockstrap looking bikinis. That was a horrid choice Tyra made - and I"d said that to ALL the models.

Cycle 13 - Jennifer - Definitely, she was a very good model and IMHO had a mediochre edit. Then again most of the models were not going to challenge Nicole Fox this go.

Cycle 14 - Raina - Most definitely. We need this charm, humor and graciousness. She was IMHO robbed of being in the top spots (or win).

Cycle 15 - Jane, Chelsey - Again, both would be fine with me. This was another that you knew the winner, but Anne did well post show.

Cycle 16 - Jaclyn, Molly - Jaclyn yes, Molly... I'm iffy on. She needs to warm up a bit more IMHO, but she would've been better than Alexandra this cycle.

CCL

Fatima (cycle 10) wouldn't do it - I mean, she just walked Paris Fashion Week why would she come back to ANTM? Analeigh from Cycle 11 wouldn't do it either as she is acting now (and rather successfully though she has lost far too much weight on my opinion). Jane from last cycle is doing pretty well with IMG so I don't see her doing it. I think Jaclyn from last season would have come back and I would have liked that; I would have been good with Raina from Cycle 14 as well and Joanie from Cycle 6.
    I actually liked the photoshoot this week. I mean it was nutty but in a good way and all the pictures (well, most of them) looked good. Laura did not look sexy to me she looked sick out of her mind. Shannon was rightfully eliminated. I like Shannon, and it is good to have principles but you have to see them through and she did; she knew that she faced eviction by not taking the photo, and she was justly eliminated.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I did a read up on Raina and she is doing a lot of work - international stuff, indie movies, and having a blast. So, she'd probably say no, unless she thought it'd be fun to participate in. There's not much they can try to edit her in a bad light honestly - another plus.

Would've liked to have her opinion on this cycle though - it might've said a lot. She did one for Ann's cycle, but not Brittany's or beyond.

I still maintain Laura was set up - there is another photo that was used in BTS shots that shows her as lovable. It really is a nice shot and you'd not know she was ill. Still... better to try than not do so knowing that you will have photos showing you did wear bikinis and other outfits - heck Shannon did this cycle. :-/

+ Reply to Thread