+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Why did Tyra insist on ruining the song/video by inserting Pot Ledom and herself into it?? Having them write a song, perform the song and then do a video wasn't enough? If she was only after real model potential it would have been, but Tyra can't stand to be overshadowed or left out.
    cablejockey, Endit and Coco46 like this.

CCL

Pot Ledom...the whole episode was good for a laugh. The videos turned out surprisingly well overall (apart from the insertion of crazy Tyra and that guy in them). Loved how Game kept going on about how weird Allison is, but in a good way, but weird, but in a good way.
    The foreign destination is Greece. Tyra is going to save the Greek economy. Go Tyra.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

As far as Tyra being there, I'll just say... not surprised. She does however need to learn mirror reading better given that as mentioned "Pot Ledom" is NOT exactly "Top Model Backwards."

And honestly - all of them without Tyra and Kennan Cahill (Yes, I finally figured out who he is - I personally call him the kid who is more annoying than Sarah on the failed "Greatest American Heroine" attempt in 1986), were quite good, even Alexandra's. Tyra's cameo in Alex's sadly showed how weak hers was - which while I'm not a fan of hers, I hate that she has a vain ex-model needing to butt in just becasue it's "her show" not helping her chances to prove her case.

Her inserting herself everywhere is not branding. I guess it is a manifestation of an "a" personality. Be funny to see her do that ten years from now.

I think she may have pre selected Shannon. That was the first season. Tyra is certain to have a lot of nostalgia attached...the birth of the Tyra empire. That being said Shannon can morph her face in different ways.

I want to see a where are they now show in talk show format.

Oh yeah. I forgot to say it before. Praise be to the auto tuner
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Pot Ledom...the whole episode was good for a laugh. The videos turned out surprisingly well overall (apart from the insertion of crazy Tyra and that guy in them). Loved how Game kept going on about how weird Allison is, but in a good way, but weird, but in a good way.
    The foreign destination is Greece. Tyra is going to save the Greek economy. Go Tyra.
    I agree it was fun. He really liked Allison didn't he( she kind of creeps me out) but her video was lovely.We dont see it until Thursday so I have to wait

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I still haven't seen the judging of the episode yet. I didn't get home on time to watch it Wednesday night and tried to watch it online yesterday but the sites I found it at kept cutting in and out, taking forever to buffer, or would only show part of the episode and then you'd have to pay to see the rest. The CW didn't have the newest episode up yet.

Lisa gave the best performance. Dominique's song was cool with it's Shakira vibe. I think Shannon would be better off to quit modeling and take up singing. She's certainly no worse than a lot of singers out today. Someone else said she reminded them of Faith Hill and that's what I thought, too, while watching her video.

Tyra should never be allowed to be in music videos again. I thought her music video a few seasons back was bad enough (Shake your body? Rock your body? Something like that) but her performance in the videos this week was downright embarrassing.

I hated the whole "Pot Ledom" gimmick and Tyra and that annoying kid showing up randomly in the videos, acting like imbeciles.
    Endit, Duckyface and Coco46 like this.

I am so glad to see how many of you guys disliked Tyra's mini challenge of having the girls add pot ledom to their songs and then her ridiculous popping in on the songs. That was completely unnecessary and really ruined the videos!
    mushybrain and Coco46 like this.

Agreed with the remarks about the Tyra video-insert self promotions -- totally unnecessary. And Pot Ledom, oh please...how lame!
    Looking forward to next week, I'm upset, er P*ssed that they are doing an underwear shoot. You know darn well it's a personal challenge to Shannon's beliefs.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

DevilTwin, it may be against Shannon's beliefs; however, in her cycle she DID do not only a bikini photoshoot but a lingerie one - and there the lacy kind if I remember. Most of it wasn't shown though.

Just in case, I'm putting spoilers in here in case people haven't seen the upcoming teaser or photos of the shoot:

Click to see Spoiler:
    The lingerie they're using is pretty much opaque tops and britches. In fact, Shannon wore those bikini briefs for her angel picture that IMHO were just as skimpy. I would say that if she does avoid this shoot, it should be less that it's the underwear than it is the fact they're posing in a Greek salad coated in oil - well this part looks like.

If it's the underwear, I would say Tyra does have precedence that she has shot in essentially underwear before - a Bikini - and as such, if she doesn't do the shoot she should be eliminated. If she does stay with no photo and someone else is eliminated who does the shot - unless absolutely horrible ALL shots, then we know who will be the winner of this season. Because save the very first cycle where TWO people didn't do the shoot, anyone who has refused to do a photoshoot has been eliminated: Anna in Cycle 2, and that one gal in Caridee's season who missed the shoot because she was "sick" but just didn't want to do the challenge it seemed.

Agreed "pot Ledom' was so stupid - but I thought some of the songs did really good things with it. And Alison singing about her father's death and having goofy Tyra and some midget/kid goof around was just tasteless. I get it Tyra...you are Tyra......
    Duckyface likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread