+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cycle 17 Will Be an All-Star Edition **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Cycle 17 Will Be an All-Star Edition **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

'Top Model' to return to CW with all-star edition

The CW Network has given early pickups to five of its established series for next season, including an all-star edition of America's Next Top Model and the network's hit show Vampire Diaries. Other shows returning: Gossip Girl, 90210 and Supernatural.

America's Next Top Model will kick off the fall with its first all-star version, bringing back models who became breakout characters and who had the most memorable stories from past seasons. Additional details about the cast, judges and prizes for the all-star cycle of the reality competition will be announced later.
    'Top Model' to return to CW with all-star edition - USATODAY.com
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: Cycle 17 Will Be an All-Star Edition **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    bringing back models who became breakout characters and who had the most memorable stories from past seasons
    *sighs* that does not bode well. I think we are not going to get back models that were great models but for some unfathomable reason were eliminated. I think we are getting back the crackheads, the divas, the b**ches, the annoying and combative ones. I will wait till the list comes out but I think I will pass. I am not interested in an entire season of Alexandria's and Monique's where there isn't a single likable person in the entire bunch.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

How far are they going back to select their participants? Wouldn't some of them be getting a bit long-in-the-tooth to be considering starting a modelling career?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I, too, am curious about which former contestants they will be choosing and from which seasons. Depending how they cast this may purely be a show of personalities. More so than any other season.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm feeling kinda sketchy about this too . . . will it be "modeling stars" or will it be more about "reality tv stars". Seems if the previous contestants had any success, they'd be too busy for a show like this - which means we'll be getting the divas/headcases/beyotches no one wanted to work with.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Regular

They'll be bringing back a mixture for sure, the worst diva's and the worst clueless of the clueless, cuz you can't have a house full of diva's cuz the diva's need a few target's to pick on.

This will be... interesting. I am quite leery of waht this will turn out to be, but hope that they put in good models who should get a second chance, NOT all attitude divas.

Fortunately some of them I do not see returning because they have had some excellent post-work, such as Elyse, Melrose, and a few others. I doubt they or a few others would go out of their way to return to this show when they see it's becoming a bit of a parody - there have really only been two winners who have had any long term success.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    *sighs* that does not bode well. I think we are not going to get back models that were great models but for some unfathomable reason were eliminated. I think we are getting back the crackheads, the divas, the b**ches, the annoying and combative ones. I will wait till the list comes out but I think I will pass. I am not interested in an entire season of Alexandria's and Monique's where there isn't a single likable person in the entire bunch.
    Yes, and we know that those who have had success in their career will pass on this. Who would want to go back and be criticized when they have been out there getting jobs. We will get those who have failed to get their career going.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    How far are they going back to select their participants? Wouldn't some of them be getting a bit long-in-the-tooth to be considering starting a modelling career?
    That's what I was thinking, too, but I'm sure most of the contestants will just see it as a chance to win some prize money and maybe get their name bandied about again, rather than seeing it as being a kick-start to any modelling career they may (or may not) have. It would be interesting to see some of the contestants again. I was just watching old episodes of season 3 while on vacation and it got me wondering what was up with some of the prior contestants.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

The prize is much better now. I can see some of the successful models coming back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast