+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cycle 17 Will Be an All-Star Edition **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: Cycle 17 Will Be an All-Star Edition **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

I agree..this time around will be about the "fighting" not the modeling..almost seems a waste of EVERYONE's time...I don't plan on tuning in until the F6/F4..not interested in all the backstabbing and snarkiness that will take place, maybe this will be Tyra's swan song...

Um... will there be makeovers? It would seem rather silly to have makeovrs because these ladies are in the business. They already know what look works for them in the real world of modeling and hat doesn't. And since these ladies have been around many fine and noted photographers they already know how to pose and all else . I guess I simply don't know what the point of this particular show.

Other than high drama and catfights...
    Harmony2000 likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Um... will there be makeovers? It would seem rather silly to have makeovrs because these ladies are in the business. They already know what look works for them in the real world of modeling and hat doesn't. And since these ladies have been around many fine and noted photographers they already know how to pose and all else . I guess I simply don't know what the point of this particular show.

Other than high drama and catfights...
    If they have agreed to be on this show I have to wonder just how much they have been working. My guess is, not that much!

I stopped watching this show long ago because of the trashy behavior and casting that clearly sought these personalities.

While I was hoping to see maybe Chantal from Cycle 9 or 10 (can't remember which one), and some of the other second-place girls I thought should have won their cycles (Kaylen, Allison); somehow I knew better.

Those girls probably all have modeling careers, and I doubt anybody with a halfway decent modeling career would be on Tyra's insane show. It's sort of a big joke now, just really not very watchable. I don't care how "important" that Talley dude is, he is flat out weird and I find him to be an arrogant moron. With the cast I saw in the first few posts (if that's the final one), this is definitely about the drama and the skanks will have their day. I doubt I will watch but will probably catch the shows on Youtube when I haven't got anything better to do but be disgusted for a bit. If it gets too bad, I just won't watch.

It wouldn't surprise me if the show ended. It's become pretty awful.

Oddly enough, I've really enjoyed the foreign NTM's I've seen on Youtube. I especially liked Cycle 3 of Australia's NTM, and I loved the winner of that cycle, Alice Burdeu. Now there was a real model. It was fun watching her win, although I didn't really like the Australian live finales or some of the judges/hosts. Still, nobody was ever as awful as Tyra, and I think it was her ego which toppled the show, if it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    If they have agreed to be on this show I have to wonder just how much they have been working. My guess is, not that much!

I stopped watching this show long ago because of the trashy behavior and casting that clearly sought these personalities.
    That's a good point.

I really haven't paid as much attention as I used to. Before, if I missed an episode, I would've kicked myself. Now, it makes no difference. The contestants, cycle after cycle, get more immature, witchy and, in my opinion, very forgettable. It's unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    Is it terrible that I don't remember who most of these girls are?
    I dont either.Once the season/cycle is over, I am over them.LOL I will probably know them when I see them( and I bet they do a flashback) I am looking forward to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    Is it terrible that I don't remember who most of these girls are?
    No, I'm that way, too! I'm like that with some of the other contestants on other reality shows regardless if they're considered good, bad or indifferent.

Did the show give up on trying to be "elevated"? I don't see much appeal on many of the contestants this cycle, but I'm sure it will be fun/tragic to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    No, I'm that way, too! I'm like that with some of the other contestants on other reality shows regardless if they're considered good, bad or indifferent.
    I really appreciated that they did a round up at the beginning to remind me really who they were tonight. I needed to see that to really remember.

Also, I love Nigel with hair!
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 09-14-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I really appreciated that they did a round up at the beginning to remind me really who they were tonight. I needed to see that to really remember.

Also, I love Nigel with hair!
    You did. OMG I thought Nigel looks terrible, it looked like dyed wool on his head. I thought they would do a round up, and I am glad they did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast