+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cycle 17 Will Be an All-Star Edition **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: Cycle 17 Will Be an All-Star Edition **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    LOL so basically.....get rid of Tyra and it's all better?

Make Me A Supermodel is better in foreign versions as well. I wish I could see the foreign versions of ANTM. I've never been able to get them on my cable. The only reason I saw the British version of MMAS is because it was on some random high numbered cable channel and I found it on accident.

Anybody know how those of us being held hostage by our cable company can see the foreign NTM's?

(I say this because I live in the country and have federal protected land behind us which means we can't knock trees down to get a clear line of sight to satellite which means we are can't get anything other than the one cable provider who holds a monopoly to the equipment....sighs.)
    Try Youtube. That's the only way I've seen any of the foreign NTMs.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    There's a list of who the contestants are floating around...and none of them really interest me. I'll post it in spoilers:
    Click to see Spoiler:

Isis (C11)
    I didn't watch too heavily that season, but this person's participation struck me as a huge gimmick. Am I totally off-base on that? Based on my impression, I'm disappointed that Tyra is revisiting that.
    _(Moo!)

Since the title of the thread has "possible spoilers" in it, I think we're okay to do away with the spoiler tags. Those who don't want to know, should stay away from the thread

I read a blind rumor yesterday that this all-star season may be the final season. They didn't say it was ANTM, but all of the clues sure pointed that way. This show has become a caricature of itself, but I still enjoy it...mostly.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

They were having castings for the next regular cycle in February and March of this year which would be the cycle after the "all stars" season (yeah, I'm putting the all stars in quotes because these contestants overall do not warrant that title). They were referring to it as Cycle 17 however which would place it before the "all stars" season...maybe "all stars" is not considered a cycle. Don't know. I think the last couple of seasons have better in terms of overall quality of contestants. Personally I love Molly and Brittany this year (and Hannah most times though her hair-in-bunches hairstyle annoys the heck out of me).
    Thanks for posting that link though, Critical. I didn't think it was that Brittany who was returning - I thought it was the one with the red weave. So there are a few people who I can look forward to (Brittany, Shannon, Laura). I guess I'll check out the first couple of episodes at least.
    Last edited by CCL; 05-13-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My biggest worry is that a lot of these girls are much older now... but on the flip side, a lot of these girls have been working models post show, so maybe they can extend their careers...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Definitely rooting for Allison! Loved her in her season.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    There's a list of who the contestants are floating around...and none of them really interest me.
    I agree. I had to look up who some of then even were. This season does not interest me at all.

FORT Fanatic

Is it terrible that I don't remember who most of these girls are?

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    Is it terrible that I don't remember who most of these girls are?
    I think it's more terrible that I do know who all of these girls are

Wasn't sure where to put this, but this might be the best place.

At the CW upfront presentations today, Tyra Banks addressed the crowd in promotion of the all-star cycle of America's Next Top Model to air this fall, and promised that cycle 17 will mark the end of the show's existence as its most basis premise:

"We will never have another normal cycle of America's Next Top Model again," she said, perhaps the first person in history to apply the term "normal" to the show.

Source: Tyra Says No More 'Normal' Cycles of 'Top Model': What Does She Mean?

Like the source says, I wonder what this means?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but this might be the best place.

Source: Tyra Says No More 'Normal' Cycles of 'Top Model': What Does She Mean?

Like the source says, I wonder what this means?
    Scary times ahead. lol But it could be fun. She's already done the shorties (relatively speaking .. they were all tall to me). Maybe all plus size and all male and such? Maybe an all older women (although they already have one of those).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast