+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

CCL

re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

The thing is, Tyra is always going with super-long hair. Most models have long hair but not down to their butts or anything!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I too love Jaclyn, she's adorable
    Alexandria takes good pics but in person the way she talks and her
    hateful attitude ruins it
    I feel bad for Molly, that's gotta hurt and yep, it looks dreadful
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

This season has been a breath of fresh air. I actually feel fairly invested in this season -- something that I haven't felt for quite some time.

The producers and editors have done a better job editing this season than the most recent seasons. It doesn't follow the very specific format of past seasons where every episode followed a very specific pattern: comments about the best picture from last week, confessional from the girl about to get eliminated, Tyra Mail reading about the challenge, said challenge, Tyra Mail reading about the photoshoot, said photoshoot, Tyra Mail reading about the elimination, panel, elimination of the girl that got the confessional.

Of course there were slight variations from that pattern among the most recent seasons' episodes, but one thing was for sure: I never felt like we got to know the girls all that well. One thing I attribute that to is the lack of house footage that was shown. We never really saw the girls interacting with one another when just simply living in the house; most of the airtime was dedicated to the challenge and the photoshoot. Because of this, the most recent seasons lacked the moments that earlier seasons had. Just to name a few examples:

Elyse's famous bitching in the confessional in C1
    Shandi's journey from a shy timid nerd to a beautiful confident model that (unfortuantely) culminated to her cheating on her boyfriend in C2
    Kahlen finding out about the death of her close friend but then channeling that emotion in her "Wrath" photoshoot in C4
    The ridiculousness of Jade in C6

Again, those are just some of examples of when ANTM was in its prime. Even when it comes to negative moments -- I wouldn't say Jade was the most popular contestant among viewers -- you can at least say that they were memorable moments. I know that this show is about modeling, but what helped make the show was the vivid personalities that came cycle after cycle.

Not to say that the show hasn't had some crazy contestants recently... but were they ever shown all that much? Just think back to someone like McKey in C11. She was the winner that cycle, but it almost felt like it came out of nowehere since she was pretty invisible throughout the whole season. Towards the end, she was said to have been this quirky individual who was different from the rest of the girls, but close to no footage of that was shown. (The only thing I can remember about this was during the recap -- of all episodes -- when she was shown boxing while the other girls looked on.) But this cycle, I feel like we've gotten to know all of the girls pretty well so far.

The season still has it's flaws. For example, Nicole and Sara got confessionals early in their elimination episodes, giving away an obvious clue about their impending fate. But it takes baby steps, and it's nice to actually see the personalities of these girls, for better (Jaclyn) and for worse (Alexandria).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I like the changes so far. I was taken aback at the fire runway, it seemed very dangerous to me as well, but maybe that was camera angle. The confessional shots add a lot of depth to the contestants and I think perhaps they could boost those as well.

When I watch I cannot help be struck at how vulnerable and yet determined these quite young women really are.

FORT Fan

I agree, this season is showing more of the house and the girls, more interesting.

I do think it is weird that they are being put in so many dangerous situations....

the crazy bubble walk, the bees, now fire...what next?? I hope no one gets hurt here

Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

I changed this thread to be a general show night discussion thread since it's not getting much traffic.

I can't believe they have let Molly go on so long with that horrible weave. I hope her hair isn't ruined under that atrocity. I loved the photos from this week's photoshoot with the baby jaguar, especially Brittani's and Jaclyn's.

This season has been a breath of fresh air. I actually feel fairly invested in this season -- something that I haven't felt for quite some time.
    I really like the cast this season. I think they found really good quality contestants and I have several favorites for a change. Having said that, they did give Dalya too many confessionals this time and it smelled like she wasn't going to make it past this episode.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Decent cast this season. I've generally not been upset with their choices.

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4 View Post
    the crazy bubble walk, the bees, now fire...what next?? I hope no one gets hurt here
    A baby jaguar, who can still bite you pretty bad if it wants to (i.e. Play).

Still... all the photos were great, even though in Molly's defense that was the photographer and the hair that was stuck in a light socket.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I changed this thread to be a general show night discussion thread since it's not getting much traffic.
    Thank you! I was going to post last night, but felt like I would end up talking to myself again

I also cannot believe that Molly's weave still hasn't been fixed. How in the world would taking it off and then putting it back on fix it?!?!

I wasn't blown away by last night. As much as I cannot stand Alexandria I do think one of the right people went home.

I wish they would just scalp Molly and then we wouldn't have to hear her whine anymore about the weave from hell.
    The right girl, Dalya, went home. I didn't feel too bad for her though because she has already worked as a runway model and I'm sure she will again.
    Loved the baby jaguar!

+ Reply to Thread