+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 186

Thread: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

  1. #131
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I was going to post the same thing as the two posts above: it was the photographer, not Alexandria, who had the attitude.

    And I agree with you again, Duckyface, when you say that Brittani is a lock for the win. The edit of the recap was really skewed and makes me think that she wins.
    Wasn't the photog told to go hard on her? For once I didn't blame her. The photog was told to push her.

  2. #132
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought the photographer was a bit of a jerk. It felt to me like Alex was trying to be agreeable and he just kept shutting her down. He was really condescending too. I wonder if that was for the cameras or if he's like that in his professional life. Maybe he can get away with it IRL if he only speaks that way toward the models, but I doubt a client would ever hire him again if he was like that with them, no matter how good his photos are.

    I'd be happy if Brittani won. I thought she did the best at the challenge or runway test or whatever this week. That dress was fabulous and she looked terrific in it. That haircut is one of Tyra's better makeovers. I wondered why they couldn't put Kasia in that big coat they had Hannah in. Maybe just creating drama there?
    I agree about Brittani.

    The thing is that models are going to meet all kinds of personalities and need to be on their toes and read the energy of the shoot. This photog did not want to interact with the models; he was focused on the shoot and idle banter is not his thing. The rule of thumb is to keep a low profile, do your job and only engage if a professional on the shoot starts an interaction. I am sure there are tons of 'jerks' in this industry and you have to know how to handle the situation or you will get a reputation for being difficult. I don't think it takes much for word to get out.

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey Duckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    959

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Wasn't the photog told to go hard on her? For once I didn't blame her. The photog was told to push her.
    Yes, that's true. Jay told the photographer that she would have a hard time relaxing and letting go, so to push her. Although I know photographers get away with it, being downright rude and nasty is not acceptable professional behavior.

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Yes, that's true. Jay told the photographer that she would have a hard time relaxing and letting go, so to push her. Although I know photographers get away with it, being downright rude and nasty is not acceptable professional behavior.
    She had words with the photog before her shoot started. She is abrasive and has to learn to curb her tongue. Even if he did push her, don't you think this is going to happen in this business from time to time? Of course it will! She has to learn to take direction with a smille on her face and a positive attitude.

  5. #135
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    98

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    But this is Jay injecting his own drama into the mix, he basically told the angry brit phototog, to be all angry brit on her(alex) and have fun basically.

  6. #136
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
    But this is Jay injecting his own drama into the mix, he basically told the angry brit phototog, to be all angry brit on her(alex) and have fun basically.
    I must have missed this. I watch this show while doing other things. Even so, she has got to learn not to engage and concentrate on her work. I imagine that modeling can be pretty brutal with a lot of ego's coliding on a regular basis.

  7. #137
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    I think she looks a lot like Avril Lavigne. Not when she does the pig tails, but when she has her hair all down.
    I've always seen Analeigh (C11) when I look at Hannah.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  8. #138
    FORT Fogey Duckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    959

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    She had words with the photog before her shoot started. She is abrasive and has to learn to curb her tongue. Even if he did push her, don't you think this is going to happen in this business from time to time? Of course it will! She has to learn to take direction with a smille on her face and a positive attitude.
    Had words? She was standing with him while they were waiting for the camel and she tried to make some polite conversation while he replied rudely and smacked her down for trying. She didn't say anything rude back. She humbly replied yes he was right to each rude comment he made. I'm not a big Alexandria fan, but it doesn't seem right to me to tell the photographer to be nasty to one particular girl. Alexandria has been a real pill on some previous shoots, but she really didn't do anything wrong this shoot.

  9. #139
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Had words? She was standing with him while they were waiting for the camel and she tried to make some polite conversation while he replied rudely and smacked her down for trying. She didn't say anything rude back. She humbly replied yes he was right to each rude comment he made. I'm not a big Alexandria fan, but it doesn't seem right to me to tell the photographer to be nasty to one particular girl. Alexandria has been a real pill on some previous shoots, but she really didn't do anything wrong this shoot.
    That's how I saw it too I thought Alex was trying really hard to be agreeable with the photographer and he was nothing but condescending to her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Had words? She was standing with him while they were waiting for the camel and she tried to make some polite conversation while he replied rudely and smacked her down for trying. She didn't say anything rude back. She humbly replied yes he was right to each rude comment he made. I'm not a big Alexandria fan, but it doesn't seem right to me to tell the photographer to be nasty to one particular girl. Alexandria has been a real pill on some previous shoots, but she really didn't do anything wrong this shoot.
    Thanks for clairifying. I missed this because I multitask while watching.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.