+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I'll miss Jacklyn. She was a real joy to watch and if there are any smart producers out there they'll snap her up for some hosting gig.

I thought Alexandria did a pretty good job this time. Her posing for the purse lady was certainly superior to the others and her photo was good too, as was Brittany's. I'm inclined to believe both Brittany and Alexandria have a lot to learn about relating well to others, and I'm inclined to give them both the chance to show they're working on it.
    You should be the house mom, Duckyface.

Of all the bull&#t eliminations in this show's history, this last one has to be at or near the top of the heap of bull&#t. And not just because I like Jaclyn. Because she was a significantly better model than MOST of the girls who stayed, and got eliminated because they took one of the worst aspects of this show (the totally unrealistic "Go See Race") and amped it up even more with the attitude (stated by Tyrant right at the head of the episode) that they'd be eliminating based (mostly) on who lost.

If this was The Amazing Race, fine. But its not. A model would NEVER be unable to ask a driver for directions in real life, as we know. Knowing how to read a map? Not generally a pre-requisite for modeling jobs. And lets not forget the aspect of being pushy over being polite. The girls all arrived at the first go-see together (except, Molly, right? Who moved on...). It seemed to me like Jaclyn probably went last, because she didn't even for a moment think of elbowing the others aside to get upstairs. And she ran short of time BECAUSE she went last, I think.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Of all the bull&#t eliminations in this show's history, this last one has to be at or near the top of the heap of bull&#t. And not just because I like Jaclyn. Because she was a significantly better model than MOST of the girls who stayed, and got eliminated because they took one of the worst aspects of this show (the totally unrealistic "Go See Race") and amped it up even more with the attitude (stated by Tyrant right at the head of the episode) that they'd be eliminating based (mostly) on who lost.

If this was The Amazing Race, fine. But its not. A model would NEVER be unable to ask a driver for directions in real life, as we know. Knowing how to read a map? Not generally a pre-requisite for modeling jobs. And lets not forget the aspect of being pushy over being polite. The girls all arrived at the first go-see together (except, Molly, right? Who moved on...). It seemed to me like Jaclyn probably went last, because she didn't even for a moment think of elbowing the others aside to get upstairs. And she ran short of time BECAUSE she went last, I think.
    Did you read her interview? She was so sweet. She said she thought they kept Molly because she was more consistent. She likes everyone. She said Alexandria is going to teach her how to ski. I think she picked Molly or Brit to win, although all the girls were deserving.

I think the judges decided to eliminate Jaclyn BECAUSE she is such a sweet, kind person. They know how cut-throat the business is, and it is not so hard to imagine that it could take a terrible toll on a young woman who is so optimistic and trusting and sweet. Didn't one of the judges even make a remark about whether she was tough enough to handle the business? And the guest judge also made a comment about getting a cavity because Jaclyn was so sweet.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    I thought Kasia should have gone. There's something blah about her in photos, and no, it's not her weight. I feel like she gets lucky too often and still doesn't have amazing pictures.
    I agree.

I see that people are up in arms about Jaclyn getting eliminated over Molly, but my attention is focused on her getting eliminated over Kasia. Yes, the circumstances for her are different being a plus-size model, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that she only booked two out of four go-sees. (And besides, the go-sees that were offered don't exactly discriminate against plus-sizes. For one thing, they were based in LA, which is known to be more lenient and commercial. The only one where she possibly would have encountered problems with was at the athletic go-see -- but she didn't even go to that one.) Not to mention that her photo sucked! I don't know why the judges were praising it.

Meanwhile, Molly's photo was one of the best. Although she encountered problems with her behavior while not attending to the client, she was thisclose to booking the job with Lana based solely on her performance in front of her. I don't remember Kasia even being in contention.

As for Jaclyn, I thought I would be more upset over her elimination than I am. But I expected it, with the way the episode was edited. And taking a look back at her portfolio, I wasn't that impressed. Last week's photo is possibly one of my favorite photos in ANTM history, but the rest were sort of meh.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Come on now, ladies. Are we really surprised that the one with the most potential? The one who was consistently taking good photos? The one who we can all see actually working right NOW is the one who got eliminated? Tyra has shown over and over again that she is completely clueless when it comes to what makes a working model. She is so removed from the real working business that it is a joke.

Jaclyn should have won. Period.

Molly is alright but her eyes aren't. Modeling is such a superficial business that truly these girls need to be absolutely perfect or so quirky that they can overcome any minuses. Molly is not special enough, I don't like saying that but as a photographer and part of a number of forums that professional fashion photographers post on...I can tell you that Molly does not have what it takes.

Kasia does but she isn't showing it. Dayla did but she is already gone. Hannah has it but won't win.

It will come down to Brittani and Alexandria because once again Tyra is casting a reality show and not truly looking for a working model.....that or she really is that completely clueless.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I think the fact that Alexandria lives in the city is unfair at some level. Yes Jaclyn should have been able to read a map or hit more gosees but it should have been at least acknowledged at elimination that Alexandria had an advantage. If I have to see that Shirley Temple grin anymore I may vomit. She is exactly the type of personality that seems able to snow so many people.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

According to Alexandria's profile, she lives in my hometown, Huntington Beach, which is about 45 minutes or so (depending on how horrid the traffic is) south of LA. Maybe she spends a lot of time there, but unless she moved, she doesn't live in LA. I could find my way around there fairly well too, but it was clear that Alex doesn't know it like the back of her hand or anything. If she did, she would have made it to all five go-sees. To me, her bragging about living in LA seemed like false bravado. Really, anyone who lived in a big city would have an advantage over someone like Jaclyn, who seems to have NO experience even reading a map.

Haven't they done go-sees in NYC when a contestant lived there?

I started out this season really liking Molly and I find that, as the season goes on, I like her less and less.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    According to Alexandria's profile, she lives in my hometown, Huntington Beach, which is about 45 minutes or so (depending on how horrid the traffic is) south of LA. Maybe she spends a lot of time there, but unless she moved, she doesn't live in LA. I could find my way around there fairly well too, but it was clear that Alex doesn't know it like the back of her hand or anything. If she did, she would have made it to all five go-sees. To me, her bragging about living in LA seemed like false bravado. Really, anyone who lived in a big city would have an advantage over someone like Jaclyn, who seems to have NO experience even reading a map.

Haven't they done go-sees in NYC when a contestant lived there?

I started out this season really liking Molly and I find that, as the season goes on, I like her less and less.
    See I know nothing of geography so I wouldn't have a clue as to the difference between HB and LA. I just figured since she said she knew the area, she knew the area. I do know that I'd be brushing up on my map skills for both AR and ANTM.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

I just watched this today. I am glad Molly got called on the carpet for her negative attitude. She is young and it is time to change that now!

Alexandria was clearly upset that she won by default. And that is good for her to experience too! Another attitude problem.

Since I watch with one eye as I do other things I did not feel botherd that Jaclyn got the boot. I see now that I have missed a lot. Her pictures were fabulous but being a model is more than that. She needs to get out more! She will do well. Some agency will sign her and hopefully someone will step up and help her with some basics.

Who stays and who goes has often been a mystery to me.

I love, love, love Britani's hair cut!

+ Reply to Thread