+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyra and the judges

Tyra and the judges

We have a thread for each of the models, spoilers, etc. But what about when we want to talk about those in charge?

OK so I just read an article saying that Tyra has been attending Harvard Business School for the past year. YEAR! Wait, is this the same woman who is known for ridiculing and hating Ivy League girls? So does this mean she hates herself now?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Tyra and the judges

She's in a program where she attends 3 weeks a year for 3 years. Pays $31,000 a year. I say good for her, but I think she should also promote education more to contestants. I know she doesn't want to kill a dream, but rather than say when a contestant is eliminated, "go home read every magazine, practice your walk, etc." She could say,"get an education and empower yourself." JMHO
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Have you seen the way she treated the girls in the past with any college education? Tyra is such a hypocrite.

I agree that instead of telling them to smile more into a mirror that she should be trying to empower them with a message that they should get their education like she is.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I personally do have to chuckle at Tyra doing three week sessions for that much. This means she will not be able to miss a class and probably takes all her classes per day. It's very intense, and if she misses, she'll be very far behind and these teachers would (hopefully) not give her a pass if she misses any studies.

That said, hopefully it'll wake her up enough to realize that education is important and empower these girls who do not win to get a degree while they find modeling gigs to support it.

It'd be REALLY cool if the prizes included a say $10,000 or so scholarship to any university of their choice so they can do both - or at least get an education after their contracts expire if they're not renewed.

>>>>>>>>>>>

The only other thing I have to say is that ALT makes this show difficult to watch. I really miss Miss J judging - because he was always on the point and gave helpful advice.

This week's show included a conversation among the girls about how some of them will go home and focus on their education after the competition is over. Does anyone think that with the news of Tyra's Harvard education surfacing just recently, the conversation sort of alluded to that? Probably not, but it could be.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Not that crazy about Talley as a judge and I think he brings out the worst in Tyra as they try and top each other for being outré. Gets a bit painful to watch sometimes. I also preferred MissJ.

At home sick today watching a top model marathon, not sure which season but it's sure making me miss Miss J on the current season

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Have you seen the way she treated the girls in the past with any college education? Tyra is such a hypocrite.

I agree that instead of telling them to smile more into a mirror that she should be trying to empower them with a message that they should get their education like she is.

For all we know Tyra could just be promoting the education things. For editing purposes it probably didn't make the cut.

IMHO there is so much you can teach these girls and some things will have to come from bumping their own heads as my dad would say. None the less, hate her or love her she is giving these girls a chance at modeling. Who knows what agency is watching this show or should I say their assistants...ha, ha. I saw about two of them walk the runway on BET 2011 Rip the Runway and previous years. They probably wouldn't have never gotten that far. I'm just saying.....

+ Reply to Thread