+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3/02 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers **

Re: 3/02 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers **

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Speaking of insurance companies, I can only conclude that the show's own company didn't know about Jaclyn's issue, 'cause if they'd found out this wouldn't have happened. Either that or the waivers these girls sign is SO ridiculous, that insurance coverage isn't even an issue.
    I agree on this - but it's probably the former. If a contestant died on this show, they'd be sued to high heaven - an allergy list is on these (or should be) damned forms you fill out for that reason.

Secondly, it's not as if they had to change the shoot before (apologies for being blunt here, as it's TMI, but needs to be mentioned). Apparently, the Quench water ad of Cycle 2 was originally going to have sharks in the tank as well. That said, several girls were on their periods, and because sharks are attracted to blood, they were omitted from the shoot. (personally, I think it was better for it anyway).

Tyrant's stupid fake French accent: Oh lord. Make it stop! Make it stop!

They make ALL these excuses about clients pulling weird stuff out of their asses and asking models to do just about anything. But that's a lie. If a model was allergic to bees for a bee shoot, for example, the insurance company bonding the shoot probably wouldn't allow the model on the set.

Putting a girl who was allergic in that situation was an intolerable health and safety abuse. Speaking of insurance companies, I can only conclude that the show's own company didn't know about Jaclyn's issue, 'cause if they'd found out this wouldn't have happened. Either that or the waivers these girls sign is SO ridiculous, that insurance coverage isn't even an issue.
    My take is that if the model doesn't speak up about their allergies than the client won't know. I'm sure there are a lot of models who don't tell everything just to get the modeling gig. So if she didn't tell Tyra and Co about her reaction to bees then thats her fault. If Calvin Klein wanted you for a shoot with bees and you are allergic, I guarentee you wouldn't say a word and pray that you don't get stung. It's crazy but that's the real world of modeling. Eva was afraid of spiders but she pressed on for the sake of modeling. Me, I wouldn't do it unless it included a fine male model or Zac Efron

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    My take is that if the model doesn't speak up about their allergies than the client won't know. I'm sure there are a lot of models who don't tell everything just to get the modeling gig. So if she didn't tell Tyra and Co about her reaction to bees then thats her fault. If Calvin Klein wanted you for a shoot with bees and you are allergic, I guarentee you wouldn't say a word and pray that you don't get stung. It's crazy but that's the real world of modeling. Eva was afraid of spiders but she pressed on for the sake of modeling. Me, I wouldn't do it unless it included a fine male model or Zac Efron
    Is that quite the same? So you, the model, is scared of something? Big deal. This isn't Nightmare on Elm Street where the mere fear is going to kill you (well, at least unless you go into a serious Panic Attack and suffocate yourself).

But something like 3% of people are deathly allergic (to the point of going into anaphylaxis) to bee stings. That's not a matter of self-control to overcome, its medical. So are we really thinking with that percentage that the client and/or insurers wouldn't feel compelled to ASK models if they were allergic or not? Sure the model could lie, but clearly Jaclyn--willing to speak to the ConfessionCam about it--didn't.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Since when is pasta considered good for you? On any diet. Well unless you want to gain weight. The cheaties were a bustie. I was expecting to see something really educational and instead got some ripoff on one of the Top Chef or Hell's Kitchen's palette challenges.

Peanut butter is bad for you, unless you use the all natural stuff and then it is full of all the good stuff. Just don't sit there and eat the whole jar in one sitting. Moderation, portion control, timing of when you eat. Those are the things she should be teaching them.

Brittani was robbed. Her photo was the best, by far. Hers looked like something you'd see in any fashion magazine. But since I like Hannah too, I'm fine with the call out. Dom needs to go home, now. I'm scared she's going to be one of those that every week somebody is a little a bit worse and we wind up with her in the top 3. Blergh.

The Shalom girl has an interesting look, she keeps catching my eye. Right now my favorites are Brittani, Hannah, Molly, and Shalom Light (since I can't remember her name).

The girl with the hatchet face? Dark, thick, heavy brow that sort of looks like a scarier Terri Hatcher? Don't really like her either.

I like Jaclyn's personality and she's got a gorgeous face but she won't win. Seriously, can you see her doing the commercial? They will slaughter that little accented baby voice of hers.

Dalya - I had her pegged as the stealth bitch with tons of experience, I was wrong on both counts. She seems likable (in spite of chicken-gate) and its surprising how bad she's doing considering her amount of pre-show work.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 03-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Is that quite the same? So you, the model, is scared of something? Big deal. This isn't Nightmare on Elm Street where the mere fear is going to kill you (well, at least unless you go into a serious Panic Attack and suffocate yourself).

But something like 3% of people are deathly allergic (to the point of going into anaphylaxis) to bee stings. That's not a matter of self-control to overcome, its medical. So are we really thinking with that percentage that the client and/or insurers wouldn't feel compelled to ASK models if they were allergic or not? Sure the model could lie, but clearly Jaclyn--willing to speak to the ConfessionCam about it--didn't.
    And that's the fear I have with Jaclyn. She didn't speak up don't know why. Saying it in the ConfessionCam is not going to save you. I guess I am gonna have to step out on a limb and hoped that ANTM looked into everyone's allergies and maybe Jaclyn just scripted to say that. Who Knows!!!

[QUOTE=Harmony2000;4227534]Since when is pasta considered good for you? On any diet. Well unless you want to gain weight. The cheaties were a bustie. I was expecting to see something really educational and instead got some ripoff on one of the Top Chef or Hell's Kitchen's palette challenges.

Peanut butter is bad for you, unless you use the all natural stuff and then it is full of all the good stuff. Just don't sit there and eat the whole jar in one sitting. Moderation, portion control, timing of when you eat. Those are the things she should be teaching them.

If it's whole grain pasta and eaten it small portions it won't hurt you. Peanut Butter is good because of the protein. Natural Peanut Butter doesn't spread like regular peanut butter and it has a short shelf life.

Man, a spoonful of peanut butter on a warm bagel sounds good right about now

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    If it's whole grain pasta and eaten it small portions it won't hurt you. Peanut Butter is good because of the protein. Natural Peanut Butter doesn't spread like regular peanut butter and it has a short shelf life.

Man, a spoonful of peanut butter on a warm bagel sounds good right about now
    Actually that's the old natural peanut butter. My son has Aspergers (and no, he is way better mannered than James on AI) and has all these food allergies. We had to switch to natural peanut butter. They now make it where it spreads just as well as the fake stuff and does not need to be put in the fridge. They even make it in chunky or with honey.

We eat whole grain pasta (again food allergies) and it's still bad for you. Any carb is bad for you if eaten the way the food pyramid suggests. Carbs should be consumed in moderation. We have had to spend many unhappy hours being lectured by various dietitians and nutritionists. The upside is that mom has lost 30lbs since December when we were first diagnosed, the downside is that I know far more about nutrition than I've ever wanted to know lol.

This is the sort of thing Tyra should be teaching these girls. Dispelling food myths and teaching them about real "cheaties" and how to eat healthy without resorting to starvation or eating disorders.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123