+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I knew with it going up against AI that not many would be watching but only one post? Wow.....lol.
    And I boredly only watched it in the middle of the night, after not being able to sleep.

Next week I may not even bother. Or may bother DAYS later when I have nothing to do.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I have to echo previous comments. What on earth happened to those girls they said were moving on to the next level, but really weren't? Unless they were actresses, that just seems mean.
    Tyrant IS mean.

At the beginning Tyra was talking about telling the girls they were rejected because "that's what happens in the real modeling world". So where in the "real modeling world" do they walk down a 12 inch runway over water in a giant plastic bubble? I certainly wouldn't call myself a fashion world expert, but I would still have to say NOWHERE!
    Yes, because clearly in the "real world" they aren't only set up to fail, they're also set up to fail in the most humiliating way possible! Tyant = Mean! I TOLD you...

I like that they got rid of all the casting stuff, I didn't miss it at all. I am curious to see how makeovers will go, so I will keep watching at least to that point. My early favs are the girl with the freckles, the southern girl with the curly hair, and the girl who won the first photo call out at judging. I do not like that Alexandria girl.
    I'm getting just a whiff of a "girl with a ghetto attitude" from Freckles, although its too early to tell if its true or just editing. By the Southern girl you mean the round-faced Jaclyn, right? She IS adorable, but its too early to tell how much is an act and how much is real. She also comes off as strangly much shorter than she is. I kept thinking of her as short, but her bio says 5'10". Freaky. Alexandria is definitely getting both the "bossy" and "bitch" edits, at least so far. I also though Brittani, the "sexy" girl, looked much better on the show than she does in the same photo here on her thread. And was mystified that she could clearly have the best runway walk by a large margin and have the 2nd best picture according to the judges, but not get the top call out.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Not sure if I'll keep watching this show. It's the same old goofy stuff and too many WTF moments.
    I thought it was mean to make these girls think they didn't make the cut when they really did. The plastic bubble was stupid, I was surprised more girls didn't wipe out.
    There are some pretty girls this time, I just hope Tyra doesn't mess up their natural beauty with her weird makeovers.
    Of course the girl who was voted off I thought was gorgeous and the girl they kept had a bad attitude and IMO was not pretty at all. But this is how this show rolls. I agree with the poster who said maybe Tyra should pack her bags and go home. I think this show has run its course.

that plastic bubble thing scared me to death. claustrophobia for me for sure! and walking in a bubble on a 12 in plank!!! I was amased only two of the ladies fell off. It looked like one really hit the plank hard, but they did seem to survive the fall.

I agree with your comment about the last two girls, I think the wrong one went home too. The one that stayed, had a bad attitude but I knew she'd make it thru because Tyra wants to see her makeover, so knew she'd be around for that.

All in all I enjoyed the show, the new format and I actually like almost all the girls. There are some real beautiful girls this season.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

I agree with Jadewarlock, the bubble stunt was not only stupid, but dangerous. Those girls could have gotten a serious head injury so easily. I often don't know what the heck Tyra's thinking, but she's obviously not thinking about the health and welfare of the girls.

I was surprised that there were quite a few attractive and interesting girls this time. Those have been in short supply on the show lately. I will be watching at least to see what crazy make overs Tyra comes up with. I hope she won't ruin any of the girls I like. She certainly managed to make them look horrible in the pre-show shots.

CCL

I didn't mind the bubble thing. Yes, it is ridiculous but I think the point is more to find out how they react to difficult/strange situations (and there are definitely some strange catwalk shows out there, not to mention potentially dangerous situations with too-high shoes and slippery floors) than expecting them to walk well. Erin even mentioned that she appreciated Freckle's comeback after she fell.

Cat-bottom mouth/old girl - I don't see her making it far. I'm not surprised Angelea got booted - her face looked a bit full/without definition. Curly Southern girl kept me thinking of Haile Eisenberg. Molly and Brittani are early favourites. Also liked Kasia and Hannah (she looks like one of the models from a few seasons back - Annalea or something?) But Hannah needs to stop wearing double ponytails - she's not Britney circa One More Time.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I didn't care for the beginning of the show even though I don't mind that they cut out the audition. There was no point to tricking them about the rejections--it was as if she wanted to be cruel just for the fun of it. Dominique (the one with the freckles) looks so much better on the episode. The ANTM picture that was posted on this forum was just scary. That Jaclyn was so cute. The plastic ball was stupid and I was concerned about the girls getting hurt. I hope I like this season better. I will give it more of a try. I actually had to turn it off in the middle and I forgot about it until today--usually I am more excited about ANTM than this. The Australia one is so much better--it shows that you can make a good show without being ridiculously over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Yes, because clearly in the "real world" they aren't only set up to fail, they're also set up to fail in the most humiliating way possible! Tyant = Mean! I TOLD you...
    Okay, okay, you're right. She's a big ole meanie!
    I'm getting just a whiff of a "girl with a ghetto attitude" from Freckles, although its too early to tell if its true or just editing.
    I noticed that too. It worries me a bit because a lame attitude could turn my opinion to negative in a heartbeat!
    By the Southern girl you mean the round-faced Jaclyn, right? She IS adorable, but its too early to tell how much is an act and how much is real. She also comes off as strangly much shorter than she is. I kept thinking of her as short, but her bio says 5'10". Freaky.
    Yes, this is who I was referring to. Wow, I never would have guessed she is that tall! I think her hair hides her neck and that strangely makes her seem shorter to me. So far she is coming off a genuine to me, so I'm hoping that turns out to be the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    The Australia one is so much better--it shows that you can make a good show without being ridiculously over the top.
    Australias NTM & Canada's are so much better--they do real photo shoots and actually judge the models on their merits, (not whether tyra is looking for a spokesperson, plus-sized, etc... that particular round). In the end they end up with girls who can actually work in the industry and not be laughed off a runway (Caridee, Ann?..,just sad, really).

CCL

I don't recall either of the winners of CNTM really making a splash in the industry. And they're no longer making CNTM so...I think AusNTM has been more successful generally & certainly. I have only seen the first couple of seasons of AusNTM & I did enjoy them.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

It is early yet but the ghetto attitude girl will surface; we have already see the self confident arrogant rebel come on strong out of the gate. We see the humble and unassuming sweetheart prominent already, complete with the yes ma'mam (shudder, I hate that). I am sure beautiful, mature women apply but are rejected because they don't offer drama. This is such a tired formula. What would this show be like if they put IQ and maturity high on the qualification list? I think it would be a very good series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast