+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Where Are They Now?

Re: Where Are They Now?

Katie from cycle 1 has been in the news for a very sad reason. Her husband recently committed suicide:
    Katie Cleary
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Whitney Lee Thompson has opened a new restaurant in Springfield, TN. whitneylee

FORT Fogey

Annaleigh Tipton got the lead in a network sitcom starting this fall...saw it in EW, but forgot the details.

FORT Fogey

I have seen Caridee doing a commercial for a psoriasis medicine. She presents herself as ANTM winner and a professional model, but she does a terrible job modeling.......amazingly bad.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Annaleigh Tipton got the lead in a network sitcom starting this fall...saw it in EW, but forgot the details.
    Sadly, her show was the first to be canceled this fall.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I have seen Caridee doing a commercial for a psoriasis medicine. She presents herself as ANTM winner and a professional model, but she does a terrible job modeling.......amazingly bad.
    I finally saw one of these commercials; my partner said there's at least two different ones.

The one I saw shows CariDee sort of "modeling across the screen" in a variety of outfits and settings while the pitch for the medicine is done in voiceover, and I agree, the posing she's doing is kind of lame.

But to be honest, it's a commercial for a medicine to manage symptoms of an incurable disease she suffers from, not a commercial for a modeling school. I don't think the focus of the commercial was ever intended to do more than just present a recognizable person who has psoriasis.

You often see professional athletes doing similarly stilted representations of their sports in commercials-- football players sort of miming "throwing a pass", etc.

FORT Fogey

Not just a "recognizable person" but a model and a winner of a modeling contest......she is not miming anything. She is modeling and is doing a terrible job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789