+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brittani - Cycle 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Brittani - Cycle 16

Quote Originally Posted by Beehive View Post
    I think Brittani is adorable and is the best. She has what it takes. I think she has learned the lesson.
    I like her too and adore her haircut. She is my favorite. Tyra rarely takes attitude into consideration so I was surprised to see her so angry. Tyra wanted to let her go for this one infraction? Come on. She has let far worse go in the past. She just doesn't like her, I guess.

Alexandra got no flack for directing the shoot earlier this season. I understand that Brittani caused trouble in front of the client. Got that. Still there have been so many intolerable girls in the past that were never called on the carpet for attitude.

I don't think Tyra ever likes the girl who could really be modeling right now. Maybe it's jealousy that they are fresh and new while she is a washed up has-been?

I don't know what else to call it but every season she seems to really hate the girls who can have a good future in modeling.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I don't think Tyra ever likes the girl who could really be modeling right now. Maybe it's jealousy that they are fresh and new while she is a washed up has-been?

I don't know what else to call it but every season she seems to really hate the girls who can have a good future in modeling.
    I haven't watched that closely but Tyra has made herself millions and I doubt she is jealous. Tyra is secure in her position and no little upstart is going to crowd her. There is something there though. She was so adamant that Brittini should go there had to be more to it. One slip and she is ready to boot one who has taken fabulous pictures and is well liked by all and totally adorable?

FORT Fogey

Brittani is indeed my favorite.

I was also shocked to see how Tyra was harsh on her. I saw so many other girls doing way worse. On top of that, Tyra knows pretty much EVERYTHING of what is going on in the house. She can at any time watch the one-on-one girl talk. She knows that alexandra is hated in the house by pretty much everyone... so why?

My guess is multiple. Lets not forget that it is a TV reality show so the more drama the merrier right? She knows the dreal. To keep her public interested, she needs drama and alexandria is gold for her. Last week Alexandria was number 1?? come on.... she is having the same face over and over again. And why choosing the worse pic of Brittani? During the footage when she was on the dirty floor I could see some genius moments. Alexandra was okay but certainely not number uno.

From day1, I saw Nigel completely smitten with Brittani. The looks when she is standing, the words he uses. Last episode he came to her make-up to litterally tell her that he trusts her to do really good. Nigel is a very experienced photographer and he knows the incredible potential Birttani has. On top of it I really think that he acts like a guy falling for a girl. Sound silly when I say that considering the age gaps? Well... the more I check Nigel with her, the more I am WOW. It does not shock me tho, it is just obvious that the guy is really smitten. I cannot stop laughing when brittani was making a scene in front of him about alexandra. He was so shocked! That was very funny to see that she was not the girl he thought she was but it looks like it did not matter. Did you noticed that he huged her after the shooting last week? I thought that was 2 people who knew each other. It is very commun for photographers to have a muse. I think Nigel find Brittani what he thinks perfection in his mind.

So..... Tyra's reaction could very be a jealousy attitude but not the kind of what we think. I think she accepted that she is no longer a top model. She made peace with it. I think she is mean in purpose for the show only. They are all teens mostly and tyra knows that because of their age they have everything to learn. So my guess is about Nigel. Leon seems to think that Brittani is special too but is less obvious. So we are coming from Tyra saying about Brittani that "SHE IS A DREAM" to I want you out of my show???? Something is just not right. There is something that we do not know.

Alexandra is just there for drama purposes, that is my opinion. She is making the same face again and again.

So me thinking that Molly is next, then Kasia, then Alexandria , then hannah and final is Brittani.
    Last edited by Shelby101; 04-24-2011 at 09:42 PM.

I still maintain that there is jealousy there. Perhaps Tyra misses her youth? When she was the hot and in demand model? Maybe it's just an age thing. But we all see it, there has to be a reason why season in and season out she hates the ones with potential so much.

Of course there have been exceptions, some of the girls with potential are smart enough to figure out how to play Tyra's game and she somehow finds it in her wee little heart not to hate them so much.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I still maintain that there is jealousy there. Perhaps Tyra misses her youth? When she was the hot and in demand model? Maybe it's just an age thing. But we all see it, there has to be a reason why season in and season out she hates the ones with potential so much.

Of course there have been exceptions, some of the girls with potential are smart enough to figure out how to play Tyra's game and she somehow finds it in her wee little heart not to hate them so much.
    I don't see jealousy. Brit is doing good, but right now she is nothing that a top level model (even one that is now retired) has to be jealous of ... I don't think she is the best that has ever been on the show. Is she good? Yes.

And didn't Tyra turn around and praise her for how she recovered in the next episode.

I don't see her hating any of the models ... OK, maybe the first winner after their fallout.

Brit deserved the verbal spanking. There have been other models who have as well, but have not gotten it for whatever reason.

And stuff like this makes drama, which is what they think people want. The clip show seemed to signify a start of a redemption for Brit. Someone here, I believe, said they thought that clip show might have set the stage for Alexandria and Brit to face off in the finals.

Just my take on it.

FORT Regular

So sad her personality is disgusting to look at because she's really beautiful which is 99% of what it is to be a model, but as long as she doesn't talk on screen i can get behind her.

FORT Fogey

[mod edit]

I do not see jealousy or no more than any of the girls who are there and hoping to become #1.

For some reasons, since her drama, they only pick ok pictures. I have seen many great poses but they picked only the okay ones... why?? Because it is a reality tv show and they need to keep the public on its toes!

But I am happy to see that Molly and Brittani are the 2 I thought they remained last. I honesly think that Molly is offering much better top model pictures than Brittani BUT I think Brittani is a chameleon and needs to be coached to become #1

Molly is quite ordinary in real life but Brittani is not.... and THAT will make the difference.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 05-06-2011 at 12:19 AM.

FORT Fogey

I cannot wait to see Brittani with different hair. I really don't think she will photograph well with any different style. I am curious to see what it will look like.

I really like Brittani and hope she wins. For me, she's been a stand out from the beginning and don't see anyone else in the group as talented as she. Considering her age, I'm impressed.

I, too, sense some sort of standoffishness from Tyra regarding Brittani. It's just....weird.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast