+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About the show.

About the show.

From the official site. America's Next Top Model | About | Show Information

The CW's hit series AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL returns to the world of high fashion when Cycle 16 premieres on Wednesday, February 23 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET).

Lending their expertise as guest judges during this high fashion cycle are international fashion designer Lana Marks, model/stylist Erin Wasson, stylist Rachel Zoe, Sudanese model and actress Alek Wek, stylist/creative consultant Lori Goldstein, Italian photographer Francesco Carrozzini, fashion model Sonia Dara, IMG Models executive Ivan Bart, Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani, Brazilian designer Daniella Issa Helayel, and costume designer/stylist Eric Daman ("Gossip Girl").

Fourteen model hopefuls will compete for the ultimate career-launching prize package: a contract with IMG Models, one of the top international modeling management companies in the world; a fashion spread in Vogue Italia and an additional spread and cover of Beauty in Vogue; and a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl Cosmetics.

Tyra Banks leads the panel of judges, comprised of influential fashion editor André Leon Talley and photographer Nigel Barker. Jay Manuel serves as the photo shoot creative director while Miss J Alexander returns as the runway trainer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: About the show.

I hate to admit this, but I will likely be watching the latest Top Model season. Its mindless fluff, but its fun fluff!

OK now somebody needs to go to the official site and snag the contestants photos so we can discuss. Don't forget to host the images so nobody gets in trouble. There is one in particular who is generating a ton of buzz because she is a plussie who has already been on the cover of magazines and has been featured in spreads. She is not the only one coming into the competition with a ton of experience, looks like it might be an interesting season.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I didn't watch ANTM when I first started coming here to FORT, so I missed all the "drama" on the boards. I've been watching with my daughter for the last two cycles and expect to watch this one as well. I'm perfectly content to wait until it starts to see who's who, so I don't know any of the info in advance. Sounds interesting though.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I would like to thank the mods for starting this up again. I was here when all that drama happened and hope that it doesn't start up again. Looking forward to chatting about the show again with everyone on FORT.

Its good to have a place again where we can ask the burning question "Wanna Be On Top?" with a straight face.

Well, ALMOST a straight face.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Alek Wek, on Rachel Zoe . I quit watching halfway thru last season; I only hope this one goes back to the show's former cheesiliciousness. Last season was no fun atall, and I need giggles. I do wish they would replace ALT--he's just not entertaining to me, even though he should be. His OTT-ness just seems too forced to be fun.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4181246;
    I only hope this one goes back to the show's former cheesiliciousness. Last season was no fun atall, and I need giggles. I do wish they would replace ALT--he's just not entertaining to me, even though he should be. His OTT-ness just seems too forced to be fun.

Yessss....bring back Ms. Jay!

Thanks for putting up all the contestants, Lobeck!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;4181288;
    Yessss....bring back Ms. Jay!
    I'll probably still watch this year, but it's not nearly as much fun as it used to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast