+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    What DOES annoy the living daylights and nightlight out of me is that they're doing this stupid "flicker animation" to ALL the pics. They are SO distracting to the photos themselves. I think about half of the "bad" photos would look better without the animation.
    I COMPLETELY agree!! UGH, what a stupid gimmicky thing to do! I hate it and I agree that it distracts from the overall photo. I also hated the "walk down the side of the building" runway. I detest when they make these potential models do over the top stuff that they are extremely unlikely to encounter in real life modeling. I also continue to hate the social media stuff. Really, the only reason I'm watching is that I'm curious about the addition of the guys.

I normally like the more unusual looking "non-traditional beauty" models. However, the blonde girl they have this year with the giant eyes I find completely unattractive. I haven't put my finger on why. Maybe it is the proportions of her face...

I agree on the young model with the eyes - they are a tad disproportioned to the rest of her face.

I remember Norelle having large eyes that really helped her through her season (and I maintain she STILL was gyped being eliminated over Ann that year), but there was something that made it work.

Based on the photos honestly so far - I think a guy should win this season, preferably one that is not quite the typical hunk (particularly Phil, Don - with the tattoos, and to a point Marvin).

I love the makeover show .I loved Phil's, and Dons . But they both needed to be taken down a peg or two .I didn't know Don was so short. Not sure he will last, but his eyes are mesmerizing

WTG ice cream guy looking good. I didn't like his picture, but there is something about him . Corey, I didn't expect tears, but I would have cried as well - not a good look

The gal that went from blond to red, I love that color on her- omg! I love doing that for fall.

The gal that went home, she had an attitude, she looked liked she really didn't care if she was there or not.
    DARtheSTAR and Lizard like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Who is John Galt?

Mike the ice cream guy won and he has no idea what he is doing. He's just being himself. IMO he is the best looking and the most manly. Sorry to those who don't agree, but I like men to look and act like men - not boyish or feminine - but manly. In this regard, I really sympathize with Cory over his makeover. They are trying to make him look more masculine, but shaving his head just played up the femininity in him and he hates it. They should have straightened his hair and given him a brush cut to make him look more masculine. I know we all have our own opinions, but I just don't see Don as being that gorgeous. Yes he has beautiful eyes, but the excessive tats and thin arms and legs are a turn-off. Why didn't they at least manscape hairy guy? I don't get it. They just made him hairier. The body hair is distracting, although I like the beard. Marvin is one of those guys who has such extreme features that he doesn't look great in person but photographs well.

As for the girls - Kanani and Jiana are the ones to beat, but I think one of the guys will win this year.
    Last edited by aname2; 08-17-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

I am an episode behind. I just wanted to say that the polygamy wedding with the girls looking plain was a disadvantage in my opinion. I know they have to work with what they got but they sure didn't get much.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Love the makeovers. The bald one got the short end of the stick. Having such short hair coming in he might have asked for it.

Women like looking at women in ads because it gives us ideas on how to look. So the additionof males is not practical but it makes the show more interesting as a reality competition.
    You can do it!

Again flicker stuff guys the shots. The drills are better and I feel the scoring is affected.

Seriously... I think she's given up.

Who is John Galt?

I don't like the flicker stuff. It detracts from the models' photos an looks stupid. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I don't like the flicker stuff. It detracts from the models' photos an looks stupid. Just saying.
    I agree - I've seen the STILLS (that's what I get for typing the original thought on a phone), and the stills of these are much better. I have ZERO doubt they're affecting the judging - at least some - this season.

I think the ONLY time it's worked was for the nudist wedding so far.

Seriously - Tyra has made this a joke, and I feel for the contestants because they are trying to get jobs if not careers modeling and Tyra's messing that up. Her photos naturally look better with the SUBTLE flickering versus the glaring ones that we're seeing with the models.

And I DESPISE the social media stuff. It further cheapens the voting.

If I were any of these models, I'd quit and seriously TELL Tyra I'd rather flip burgers at a restaurant the rest of my life than be humiliated by her idea of fashion photos. I mean - even Capitol Couture designs (Hunger Games) makes more sense.

Did anyone else have a malfunction trying to watch this last episode? My DVR said it was recorded, but the recording was two episodes of COPS!?

+ Reply to Thread