+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's Corey, too. Marvin will probably win.

The support crew, or whatever they were called, thing was silly.
    Really really dumb idea .Mike had nothing to do with Corey, why would he support him

Jourdan is the biggest sob story this show has ever seen. She probably brought up her marriage every episode. I really hope she doesn't win
    Omg Johnny I so agree, she is the biggest downer . No wonder Chris( Mr. suck the energy out of you) went on her side, what a pair!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Jourdan probably talks about her marriage so much because the producers ask her about it. She's very young and that was likely a pretty major - and traumatic - event in her life. I'm willing to give her a break, especially since, no, she hasn't brought it up in every episode.

I like Cory, but these last few photo shoots are clearly geared against him. It's obvious that they want him out so it will be Jourdan vs. Marvin in the end, with Marvin winning because, really, what's the point of having guys if one of them doesn't win?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Jourdan probably talks about her marriage so much because the producers ask her about it. She's very young and that was likely a pretty major - and traumatic - event in her life. I'm willing to give her a break, especially since, no, she hasn't brought it up in every episode.

I like Cory, but these last few photo shoots are clearly geared against him. It's obvious that they want him out so it will be Jourdan vs. Marvin in the end, with Marvin winning because, really, what's the point of having guys if one of them doesn't win?
    I get that it was traumatic, he was abusive. It just goes on a little too much for my liking

Corey acting like he couldn't make out with Jourdan was terrible. I mean - if he wants to model he will be put in that position again( act Cory , act).His look is very cool, but I have seen his look quite a lot in various magaiznes
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think we've heard about Jourdan's bad marriage any more often than we've heard Marvin's "My Pop, the janitor" or Corey's "I'm in here representing for all the androgynous gays".

Speaking of Corey, I'm sure he was just joking around, but yikes-- he actually wiped his mouth after a take of kissing Jourdan.

Jourdan came across as a watered-down version of a Guess ad... from around 1993. Good God, this clothing line has exactly one look? ("Daisy Duke" jeans shorts and halter-tied blouse, topped with carefully tousled mane of "Brigitte Bardot" hair... wow, couldn't see that coming.)

At least her Guess photo had a little something going on with the cheesecake pose; the guys were just sort of, well, standing there. All three shots, however, would've almost certainly have been deemed "no life in the eyes" and therefore cause for elimination at a different point in a different cycle. In fact, these are easily the worst three final photos I've seen in any cycle.

I don't think Corey was joking when he wiped his mouth, I rewound it. I didn't care for that.
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, they're wrapping this up tonight after milking one more episode out of the F3. Couldn't it have just been one 2-hr special, like the opener? (And after splitting the reveal of the fan-selected returning contestants over two episodes, this last-minute bomp. bomp. BOMP. Tyra announcement seems really strained.)

Anyway, since they've been announcing a "gals--and guys!" casting call for C21, any news yet as to when that's happening? Is it possible to have it up and running by the usual late Feb/March starting date, or will they have to do it again as the lead-in to the next season?

Don't know when it's happening but given the waning interest, Tyra needs to pull the "we vote" aspect of this show and keep the shooting quality up like it's been or Cycle 21 may be her last one. Yes, there are gimmicky shoots in this thing (and I *STILL* hate Flicker), but overall the quality has been much better in the stills the past two seasons.
    pikachu likes this.

I have enjoyed it. I was speaking to a girl today, she stayed at that hotel near the elephants! you can hop on *from* the room, and they will take you to supper. You can also bathe with them.The flight is very long, but she said Bali was a wonderfully special place.

I just take this show for what it is, I have always been interested in the modelling industry. I swear I saw a photo of Marvin, someone with a very chiselled face like his was in Instyle. I have seen him before, so I am sure it was starvin Marvin
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm SO glad Jourdan won! I thought sure it would be Marvin and I wasn't so happy about that. However people felt about her personally, I think Jourdan was the most consistent throughout the season and the one most able to make a go of it in the industry.

I liked Cory, but they seemed to be setting him up to fail, by planning shoots that required him to be masculine. IRL, he wouldn't be hired for those jobs, but he definitely has potential. Plenty of clients will hire him for his androgynous look.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I wanted Cory to win.

But I expected Jourdan to win after he left. Not surprised at all. I reacted with a "I told you so" smile.

+ Reply to Thread