+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

I love Bali, I want to go there an experience it.
    Nina ( to me) lost all her focus, I didn't even like her last photo that came first last week. She looked worn and with an energy vampire around like Chris, I can see why! He is such a moody person, no wonder the others don't like him, or, don't want be around him.
    Cory should have had best photo imho, even though Rob and Kelly disagreed .
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I wouldn't blame Chris for Nina's "posing with a snake" photo being bad. The photographer and Johnny W were sucking all her focus and energy-- and confidence, since she earlier couldn't do the challenge due to her lung problem-- by constantly saying the shot was bad because the snake shifted out of frame or put its head where they couldn't see it.

Like I said before, if you're really good at animal photography, you use a generously wide frame to account for unpredictable sudden movements the animal might make, then you crop to get the best composition out of what you captured. If the snake "loses" its head or tail in an otherwise good shot, you can Photoshop in a replacement from one of the other frames. A snake is the easiest animal to do this with, and it's not like they weren't going to do this anyway to get the stupid required "flixel" component.

So I'd say that rather than Chris being "house a--hole," what caused Nina to lose her focus was a combination of (1) not being able to do a challenge due to an insurmountable physical limitation, (2) Johnny W announcing in front of her "I don't think we got one useable photo" at the end of the shoot, followed by (3) her moment of recovery with a surprise #1 photo getting flattened by Tyra showing up with her little "Dr. Phil" moment and making her feel she "abandoned" Chris.

This, of course, doesn't mean to say Chris isn't a source of negativity in the house, but I don't think he's to blame for Nina's exit. I think they chose to cut her at this point; if they hadn't, they could've probably pulled a marginally better photo out and overpraised some detail to keep her out of the bottom.

And I suspect the reason Nina went home was when they checked her medical records, the producers decided she was suddenly too much of a liability issue for the show's insurance policy. Remember the girl several cycles back who had epilepsy and went first, after she admitted that flashes could trigger a seizure even though she was medicating to control her condition?

Last week Don mentioned having PTSD when he couldn't do the underwater challenge. He went home the same week, even though they were praising him heavily at the shoot for doing basically the same thing Nina was doing when they "couldn't get one useable shot of her." I suspect they might have found a better shot of him and kept him in the running if he didn't say he had PTSD.

---

And notice that there wasn't a challenge the week after Nina's and Don's medical issues were run by the producers. Could it be that they dropped an upcoming challenge until after they had eliminated her?
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 10-20-2013 at 01:51 PM.

I think they knew about their medical issues before this show. I miss Don, and I even miss Phil.( who had high energy). I still think Chris is an energy vampire, and with that dreadful disposition, that everyone felt, I hope he is next to go.
    -Andy Rooney-

What was that poochey thing Nina kept doing with her lips? She looked ridiculous, and I really love her!
    It's gotta be a male who wins this season...just sayin'.

I know potential cast members are supposed to disclose all medical conditions before they're selected to be on the show, but it seems like the show gets "caught by surprise" by health issues on a regular basis.

Like for example, Nina's lung problem resulted in them doing some hurried consultation, and then Ken Mok (I think that's who the Asian guy was) tells her that they can't let her do the same challenge everybody else is doing, due to the risk she'd get a collapsed lung at that depth. So she gets to do something in shallow waters as a "substitute challenge," as does Don when going down deep gives him a panic attack due to his PTSD.

Sure, it could've all been pre-planned for extra "reality show drama," but you'd think that if they fully knew about Nina's and Don's health issues before that challenge, it would've been designed differently to accommodate everybody. After all, you don't have to go that deep just to walk a runway underwater, and there are other ways to do it (like inside a glass-walled aquarium about as deep as a swimming pool) that would've actually given a better visual presentation.

(Or at the very least, if they had already known, you'd think Nina and Don would've just been given the substitute up front, without the need for a last-minute quick conference involving producers just as Nina was ready to go down for her turn.)
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 10-22-2013 at 12:51 PM.

I guess there wasn't an episode last night. Finally found myself at home and was all ready to watch but something else was on. Katy Perry special I think. Ugh.

I'm a bit disgusted now anyway. I too feel Nina should have stayed. Renee should have gone home long ago, and I cannot see why she is still there. She's blah. Has a nasty attitude as well. Rob seems to like her though. It's funny how now that the public gets to vote, the judges favoritism is pretty clear to see.

Marvin can go on home too with Renee as far as I'm concerned. I don't like his look. And I don't see him doing any real modeling either, just has that weird bone structure the judges like so much.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

I don't mind Renee when she doesn't talk . Same goes for Marvin, I love his strong jawline. Even if he doesn't win, I see his face in a magazine. I am glad Tyra called him out on his 'poor me' attitude
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't mind Renee when she doesn't talk . Same goes for Marvin, I love his strong jawline. Even if he doesn't win, I see his face in a magazine. I am glad Tyra called him out on his 'poor me' attitude
    I'm of the opinion if the final two guys are Marvin and Chris, I would much rather Marvin win. Chris I have never liked because he actually went out this way to hit people in the groin earlier in the series ... the premiere... and he was cast. Other shows he would have been eliminated right then and there.

I like Corey a little bit better than I do Marvin so I would rather him have the win if it is a guy. I will not be upset if Marvin wins, however, he is going to have to tone down his hormones if he wants to last long in the industry.

Out of the girls, I'd rather Jourdan because while she did go on and on and on and on and on... to infinity about being married a sort time, she does produce very good photos.

I will say though that for the most part the photos have been much better than they have in previous years.
    NFL1 and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

I too really liked Nina, and can't believe Chris is still there!! Get him off my screen with his bad attitude! I like Corey and Marvin too.
    Shoepie likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I hate the new judges. Kelly sucks and Rob keeps hating on Cory for his androgyny.

+ Reply to Thread