+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

I love the male models, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I am
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't decide if I like the men and women models competing with each other. It seems a bit like comparing apples to oranges.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have to admit I was wrong, and putting the guys in has worked better and proved more interesting than I thought it would be (based on past efforts to do a male models show).

And based on a voiceover at the end of the recap show inviting viewers to try out for the next cycle, the format's going to be around for cycle 21-- Tyra's call-out was to guys as well. So I'm starting to think a male model is definitely going to win this one, especially since 4 girls and 5 guys are moving on to Bali and the home stretch.

BTW, when I raised the question of whether "personality" mattered, I didn't mean it in the sense of a model being likeable, therefore she/he wins.

I was referring to the way they dismissed Lisa D'Amato in C5 after "the diaper incident"-- they didn't make any acknowledgment of it that week, and she wasn't even in bottom two. But she was eliminated the following week after relocating to London, despite the judges having noted at panel that she was out-performing all the others in that week's "models in a phone booth" shoot. When Tyra addressed the reason she was standing in bottom two, she cited Lisa having a personality that sometimes burned a little too brightly.

So when I wondered if "personality" still mattered post-Cover Girl responsibilities, I wasn't referring to "Jourdan: bland / Nina: cutie-pie / Renee: Miss Crankypants" personality-- I meant "Is Phil too bat-$#!+ crazy to be safe to let loose on a real, paying client with a high-dollar campaign?" personality!
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 09-29-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

So Phil didn't come back. I love how Jourdan turns everything that happens into something about her I hope Jeremy's time apart from this lot, has given him a new perspective.

Renne is getting on my last nerves, clean your nasty dishes up .!!
    -Andy Rooney-

I was amazed they didn't keep Phil in for the "good reality TV" factor and give him a makeover; I'll sort of miss him (and his chest hair).

I'm very happy Jeremy was the male model chosen to return; I just hope he steps it up with his modeling now that he's back in competition, though the couple of shots they showed of his post-elimination work looked really good. (I really wish he'd still been in the week they did the "flung paint" shoot; IMO his shot was equal to Jourdan's and Renee's and was the best of the guys' shots.)

I just hope the tension between Jeremy and Jourdan doesn't take his focus off to the point where he gets eliminated again . While it's fun to see her frazzled, she's strong enough that she's less likely to get eliminated before F4; unfortunately, he's not as strong a model and has some physical limitations in his face with the sleepy-eye thing (it's cute/sexy but doesn't work with everything they throw at them, and he needs to "show a new face" once in a while).

Alexandria-- *sigh*. I really feel sorry for her, getting put back in only to be immediately cut (I actually thought it was going to happen to Jeremy). But the minute she mentioned her heart problem it was obvious she wasn't going to continue, and probably better for her that she didn't. She's beautiful and I hope she hooks up with someone and gets work after the show.

Renee's attitude is really bad, but [rant]so typical of so many people I encounter in her age group. If you confront them with something they did wrong, they refuse to even acknowledge it and try to make it about you calling them on it-- "singling them out" or "being in their face/up in their business." And why do people think, "Oh, my bad." is an appropriate response to everything they're called on? Don't they see how dismissive it is?[/rant] (For the record: in my job, I have to supervise university students 40+ hrs/wk)

CCL

I thought it would be Jeremy that came back. I'm not surprised he got the social media vote as he's typically handsome.
    And I do like when he annoys Jourdan (as she needs to come down a peg) but I don't believe that he no longer likes her - I believe he has vestiges of interest.
    Chris shouldn't have written what he did in the note. Describing the dish as ratchety - of course it got Renee's back up. But he was not wrong to write a note, or even point it out to her, albeit in different words. They're living with a bunch of people. Show some courtesy, wash your stuff. But Corey is all kinds of great the way he was talking it through with everyone. I really like him as a person. His photo this week not so much. It looked like he had a merkin on his head.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I thought Renene looked even more like a young Beverly Johnson..wow.! But her attitude sucks. I not a fan of Jeremy, I find him so blah-I don't see him staying around long.
    I didn't care if Alexandra stayed or not, another blah model.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I thought it would be Jeremy that came back. I'm not surprised he got the social media vote as he's typically handsome.
    And I do like when he annoys Jourdan (as she needs to come down a peg) but I don't believe that he no longer likes her - I believe he has vestiges of interest.
    Chris shouldn't have written what he did in the note. Describing the dish as ratchety - of course it got Renee's back up. But he was not wrong to write a note, or even point it out to her, albeit in different words. They're living with a bunch of people. Show some courtesy, wash your stuff. But Corey is all kinds of great the way he was talking it through with everyone. I really like him as a person. His photo this week not so much. It looked like he had a merkin on his head.
    Neither do I. You just know that if she expressed interest, he'd be all over it. The fact that he's always near her says a lot. He's just trying to save face.

So yeah, maybe Alexandra can come back again when she can't stay so long I was never that impressed with her anyway. She looks like a model, but that's it. I just realized last night that she reminds me of Alana from Face Off.

I'm not happy to see Jeremy back in the competition. I'd much prefer Phil. Clearly, he really wanted to be there. Poor guy was shaking like a leaf before the announced the results.

I'm so sick of the bad attitudes. Do they not realize that the entire show is a job interview? If they don't win, they still could have a career. Acting like a petulant child who can't get along with anyone isn't going to make someone want to hire them after the show is over.
    Coco46, wannasee and JohnnyK like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I would have rather had Phil return too.

I like Cory and I agree with his assessment.

Apparently this is not shown here in St. Louis. The CW site is tripping out. Where can I catch the episodes online?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread