+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

That was cruel to do to Phil!

One of those stupid clips episodes tonight. I hate the clips episodes! It just smacks of laziness.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    One of those stupid clips episodes tonight. I hate the clips episodes! It just smacks of laziness.
    I posted up thread that it was never before seen clips..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

Well that was a real snooze fest.

So, Tyra mentions famous male top models last night, but doesn't mention Nigel? Hmmm.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Tyra also never mentions Kimora Lee Simmons, Janice Dickinson, Twiggy, or Paulina Porizkova whenever she talks about famous female top models, for some reason...

BTW, did I miss something, or were the first two models to get eliminated-- Chris S. and Adriana, in a double elimination after the "weddings" shoot-- not among the returning models who were up for a possible second shot at competing?

I know Chris S. wasn't, and since they threw the "too short for a menswear male model" card on him, I can see why he'd drop out. But what about Adriana? Did I just not notice her?

Also, given the balance of coverage in the clips compilations, it would seem that Phil is the most likely returning guy-- he just gives them too much material for the show. Ice Cream Mike, OTOH, wasn't shown as much, and his modeling shots tended to focus on his flub-ups, as if they were showing him as "See? Looks good, but not a good model."

Jeremy kind of fell midway between them in coverage, and the couple of post-elimination shots they showed looked good (IMO, based on quick flashes). So I suppose he could have a good shot at returning, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But still, I think we're getting Phil with a "lose the extensions (and possibly the beard) makeover."

I liked seeing them before their makeovers- Phil

I do like him, I like his energy. Kelly isn't the hard @ss she pretends to be ( giving hugs! ) Marvin is the resident horn dog, good grief. I love Cory. He looks even better now imho. I think Jourdan went from an abusive father to an abusive husband. She is still blah, but she looks great when she smiles.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love me some Corey! Really like the way he carries himself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    Tyra also never mentions Kimora Lee Simmons, Janice Dickinson, Twiggy, or Paulina Porizkova whenever she talks about famous female top models, for some reason...

BTW, did I miss something, or were the first two models to get eliminated-- Chris S. and Adriana, in a double elimination after the "weddings" shoot-- not among the returning models who were up for a possible second shot at competing?

I know Chris S. wasn't, and since they threw the "too short for a menswear male model" card on him, I can see why he'd drop out. But what about Adriana? Did I just not notice her?

Also, given the balance of coverage in the clips compilations, it would seem that Phil is the most likely returning guy-- he just gives them too much material for the show. Ice Cream Mike, OTOH, wasn't shown as much, and his modeling shots tended to focus on his flub-ups, as if they were showing him as "See? Looks good, but not a good model."

Jeremy kind of fell midway between them in coverage, and the couple of post-elimination shots they showed looked good (IMO, based on quick flashes). So I suppose he could have a good shot at returning, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But still, I think we're getting Phil with a "lose the extensions (and possibly the beard) makeover."
    Yeah neither of them came back for some reason.

I couldn't believe the go-see episode. Seems off to me that being 6 feet tall and with a good walk, Jourdan wouldn't make any shows. Seems like it's almost an anti-blonde move to me. The bitchy girl they picked and who won (can't remember her name) looked ok in those clothes, but you wouldn't see her book any shows for any high-end designers. I mean, can you see her walking in a Chanel show? No. I don't think she'd work much in print either. Jourdan probably would. As far as personality goes, Tyra likes to make a big deal of it but I have seen designers pick models based strictly on their walks and looks too. And i don't see much personality in either of these two female models. Nina, maybe... she's a bit more likable than either of the other two. And as for Jourdan being bland, maybe so...but I prefer bland over bitchy any day. She's definitely been one of the better models on the show. I wouldn't mind if she won, but I don't see it happening because I feel Tyra sort of cut her throat by making her blonde. She'd have had a better chance staying a brunette.

I miss the old show, don't like all these new formats Tyra or whoever thinks up. Don't really care for the males being involved either.

+ Reply to Thread