+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

So who went home?
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    So who went home?
    Allyssa
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

However, there were a few scenes where Victoria was stuffing her face with food, which kind of negates that whole story.
    There was one, at the restaurant, where she explained that she was really really hungry and let herself "pick at" the food. But that's all. The rest of the episode was her crying about how "food has no taste" now that she's away from her mom. I think she said that line about three times, if not more. Once directly to her mom. And watching the other girls eat (the chili and the food they were eating at the photo shoot).

And it was really frustrating watching her say there was no problem while the other girls--who are more objective viewers of her behavior--are all shaking their heads. I really feel like she's just a basketcase. She's been sheltered and coddled to the point where she can't handle being around other people. Remember when she said she didn't want to be with a man ever because she only ever wanted to be with her mom? It's up to anyone whether they want to be married, but eschewing relationships solely because you want to be with Mommy forever is ... really weird. It's obviously very stressful for her to be away from home, which is the sort of thing you expect from a 10-year-old going off to summer camp, but not an adult woman.

I hope Tyra intervenes somehow. It's not that I believe she's legit anorexic. I just think she's messed up and the stress is really getting to her and manifesting in unhealthy habits.

And that whole pregnancy story! I mean, yeah, get into character, but ...
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

FORT Fogey

If her mother were worried that she could not handle it I think she would have contacted the show, given her desperate phone calls.

Here is what I think.

Her mother probably took her out of public school because it was not working for her. Thus the decision to home school. She was skewed from a very young age and probably due to nature not nurture. I believe there is a diagnosis here.

I think her mother is very worried about her and probably encouraged her to go on this show in hopes of developing some independance.

Her mother said, on the phone: Well come home then! Knowing that it would make her want to stay. I see a mother at the end of her rope and enjoying her time away from her.
    Hyper likes this.

I think we're seeing an edit that amps up how "fragile" Victoria is for the sake of drama, combined with a bunch of competitors all too eager to see her go.

If she really was in any sort of emotional or health crisis, she wouldn't have gotten that "I'll be watching you" from Tyra-- she would've been promptly cut, no comeback. It's not like they aren't already constantly watching her, and CW and Tyra's production company don't want liability for a contestant who stays in to the point of endangering her health/safety.

That's one reason why they've established shots of Victoria eating on the set and in the house (in previous episodes, like when she's shown eating "nude" on the set), to give them cover if she tries to make an issue out of it later (not that I'm saying she will or would). And let's not forget that the same cycle that super-skinny Ann won had a truly anorexic girl who went home first because of that issue.

I think Victoria's just another one of those "naturally skinny" girls, and she stressed a bit too much but knows she needs not to stop eating. I also think her mother saying "Well, come home then" took a lot of pressure off her, because I think she was in part "doing it for Mom" and now knows she doesn't have to win it.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 10-07-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBullet View Post
    And that whole pregnancy story! I mean, yeah, get into character, but ...
    That was really odd.

I always forget that this show is on until I see it on my TiVo on Friday nights. I'm enjoying it for the most part, but it's not ANTM. (Well, I mean, it is, but in name only really.) The one thing that drives me insane is the inconsistent scoring. First model: "Great shot....I give it a seven." Next model: "That was horrible...I give it a eight."
    Hyper and Shoepie like this.

Victoria reminds me a bit of Carrie ( (Stephen King's book which was also made into a movie with Sissy Spacek as the lead) and I can't help picture her mum to be like Carrie's mum in the movie.
    She is sometimes so scary and that relationship between them is not healthy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Victoria reminds me a bit of Carrie ( (Stephen King's book which was also made into a movie with Sissy Spacek as the lead) and I can't help picture her mum to be like Carrie's mum in the movie.
    She is sometimes so scary and that relationship between them is not healthy at all.
    I would love to see her mum. I don't know why. She did tell her to come home, so I see a bit of producer manipulation going on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    What I posted a month ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    For some reason I picture Victoria's mother looking very much like Piper Laurie.
    Allie likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would love to see her mum. I don't know why. She did tell her to come home, so I see a bit of producer manipulation going on.
    Did you find the tone of voice a bit exasperated when she said it. I felt she was speaking to her like the way you do a child who is complaining about going to soccer practise or something "fine then just quit the team because I am fed up of hearing this every week".

I could barely tell the difference between the shots at the shoot. I can't remember what the term was for what they were supposed to be doing but I get the model while eating cotton candy but how did they accept the model while lounging on the hood of a car one?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread