+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM: College Edition - Episode Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Did you find the tone of voice a bit exasperated when she said it. I felt she was speaking to her like the way you do a child who is complaining about going to soccer practise or something "fine then just quit the team because I am fed up of hearing this every week".

I could barely tell the difference between the shots at the shoot. I can't remember what the term was for what they were supposed to be doing but I get the model while eating cotton candy but how did they accept the model while lounging on the hood of a car one?
    Yes her mum did sound that way. I suspect ( again) they have footage where she isn't like this, but they need the drama, and so far Victoria is bringing it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't see it on tv guide listings tonight. What's up?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I don't see it on tv guide listings tonight. What's up?
    Not sure, I'm home for a change and flipped to the channel and it's the new show, "Arrow."

There was a tweet feed on the CW ANTM page that said no episode tonight

Did they say "two weeks from tonight" in the previews at the end of the last episode? Or was this a last-minute substitution?

I wonder if CW sees ANTM as still so strong it can survive moving to Friday night, and sees its slot as a good place to rebroadcast the premiere of a new series-- or if all this is just a sign [Walter Brennan voice]"Ol' Tyra's gittin' put out to pasture."[/Walter Brennan voice]

On the other hand, Maria's bailing out left them one model shy of a load, so maybe this is taking the place of an extra recap episode. Since the way things are going, this week could've easily been "P'Trique hosts an hour of YOUR on-line comments," I say "Bring on the reruns!"

as per tvline.com

The CW has ordered a 20th (!) cycle of America’s Next Top Model — but there’s a twist! The upcoming season (to launch in summer 2013) will for the first time feature an all-male group of contestants competing alongside the usual pack of ladies.

Read More at: The Young and the Restless Casts Ignacio Serricchio - TVLine

Why can't we have an ALL male season instead of mixed?
    Allie likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

LOVE that they're doing male models!

I believe that the season will be mixed because female models are the big money makers and male models are mainly the accessories. ANYONE can name top female models, but can anyone really name male models? Tyson Beckford, Clint Mauro, Matt Loewen, Chad White, David Gandy, ... ( I didn't know Rob prior to ANTM so)and that's pretty much all I know off the top of my head and I am willing to bet majority of people wouldn't know most of those names.

I just think it would be harder for the guys, sure they can still get the modeling contract but a full spread for themselves? Maybe in seventeen for teen girls to drool over lol

what they heck is Tyra wearing tonight? Doesn't she have a mirror?
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Cycle 20 is scheduled for the Summer of 2013 rather than in the usual time the show returns? Um, not a good sign.

And the "battle of the sexes" thing just reeks of desperation to me. There's already been at least two ANTM knockoffs featuring male models-- one featuring Jay Manuel-- and they've already proven a houseful of pretty boys competing for a modeling contract just really isn't all that compelling as a weekly series.

Not to mention that Janice Dickinson already got there with a mixed male 'n' female models show, and that didn't really work, either-- other than the basic "eye candy-plus-Janice's patented train wreck" appeal.

They should've just pulled the plug after C16 and gone out with a modicum of dignity. (Okay, make that a scintilla.)
    Allie likes this.

I want to know who comes back.

I don't like Kiara, not at all. She looked like she was ready to deck Victoria for daring to speak out
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread