+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

Re: ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

The new Judges have been revealed!

Johnny Wujek is the new creative consultant(which is Jay Manuel's job of creative director?), he is definitely eye candy! and Rob Evans, stylist to the stars.
    Last edited by Jinafire; 05-17-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    Johnny Wujek is the new creative consultant(which is Jay Manuel's job of creative director?), he is definitely eye candy!
    I'm totally not familiar with this guy, so I ran a Google Image search.

I guess I can't judge fully until I see him on the show (or at least find better pictures), but what I've seen so far just isn't going to replace Nigel's smooth-domed swarthiness and Jay Manuel's perky pecs and "color-not-found-in-nature" brushcut-- for me, at least.

CCL

Yeah, I don't know these people...so it's not like they're replacing them with "star"/more qualified names, at least to me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The new Judges have been revealed!

Johnny Wujek is the new creative consultant(which is Jay Manuel's job of creative director?), he is definitely eye candy! and Rob Evans, stylist to the stars.
    Rob Evans ( sigh) .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Watching tonight I wondered if Nigel et al got notes emblazoned with a skull and crossbones that said "Next season, on America's Next Top Model, only one of you will continue on to be a judge...and it won't be you."
    ibot2much likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Uh oh! That's not it...there's another factor in judging now, apparently there will be fan voting that will determine who will stay and go home!!! Not sure how this will all work out...

Uh oh! That's not it...there's another factor in judging now, apparently there will be fan voting that will determine who will stay and go home!!! Not sure how this will all work out...
    I think thats for only part of the show.I like to vote. ( if they really count the vote)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Fort Member

Oh no, thats the way the Australian version went
    About three seasons ago I think it was that they started having the public vote for the winner
    The judges still have a say but its usually the public vote that decides it
    The main problem has been that the public vote on personality more than actual modeling ability and while the winners of the last two seasons
    have been the popular and the nicest girls they were not the best models in most opinions
    I will say that once they decided to open it up to the public and do the winners announcement live the ratings did increase.
    So I can see why Tyra would want to go this way but IMO it ruined the Australian version

There was a season early on in the American version where the girls moved into the model house and it was filled with pictures of Tyra
    Everywhere they looked was photos of Tyra, prior to this season (I don't remember which number it was) the house was usually decorated with
    photos of other models and past winners. I had always been annoyed with Tyra but it was during this season that it became obvious to me her ego was
    out of control. Plus when she gave a picture of herself at 16 to Mylie Cyrus as a 16th birthday present. hehe I always find that funny and The Soup have a field day with it
    I will miss both Jays and Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    The main problem has been that the public vote on personality more than actual modeling ability and while the winners of the last two seasons
    have been the popular and the nicest girls they were not the best models in most opinions
    I always wish that the shows that have public voting would go ahead and let the votes come in and then the "professionals" eliminate the weakest. Isn't that more how DWTS works? I can't remember. Not sure the public could do any worse than the judges, though, with some of the winners.

I will also miss Jay and Nigel, do not know the new judges at all. Interesting there is not another photographer to replcae Nigel; I guess Tyra wants to be the only one on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    Oh no, thats the way the Australian version went
    About three seasons ago I think it was that they started having the public vote for the winner
    The judges still have a say but its usually the public vote that decides it
    I will say that once they decided to open it up to the public and do the winners announcement live the ratings did increase.
    So I can see why Tyra would want to go this way but IMO it ruined the Australian version
    Fortunately, most of our favorites HAVE been good to excellent models, and many of our faves have won, such as Nicole Fox.

It will be a tossup though long term as to if this will work though, but given the next season type theme, this might actually be an OK choice.

And maybe - just maybe - if they do this they'll reduce the gimmicky pictures because people are so turned off on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast