+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

Re: ANTM Fires Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel

I haven't seen Miss Jay for sometime. ( when was the last time Miss Jay was on the panel?) We don't see Jay and Nigel as much as we did. Maybe it is time to revamp the show, shake things up a bit. Jay has own clothing line.

So good luck Tyra! I will be watching
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

ANTM was the only show we watched on the CW network. Truthfully, I only started watching because my daughter watched it, but having Nigel there made it more interesting for me.

So unless someone I know (personally) makes it onto the show, I'm done watching.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Ms. Jay - knows runway...when Tyra released the strings enough to actually let her do her job. I was always impressed when Ms. Jay got serious and showed us why she is a sought after instructor (and yes, I am aware that she is really a he but it is what she prefers so I'm going with it).

Mr. Jay - knows what sells in today's magazine/fashion industry. Again, he did his thing very well when Tyra let him. I can imagine it was incredibly frustrating for him being tied down like this.

Nigel - is an idiot. I have never liked him, he wishes he was a good photographer. However, even he is better than Tyra let him be.

Tyra is so full of herself that she can't let her own team shine because it may take the spotlight away from her. I know she can't technically be fired, my point was that she is what is broken about this show. Firing everybody isn't going to fix it. The only thing that will fix it is getting rid of her. I won't be watching. I wish a better modeling show would come along, I miss my pretty fix.
    jucamer likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

CCL

Jay Manuel should be the host. He did a good job hosting Canada's NTM. (Not sure why they never did a third season of that). I find Tyra ok but she is rather OTT and she hasn't really seemed into the show for a while. It's like she keeps plugging on with it because her other projects keep failing (music career, anyone?) and this is the only success she's got going. I like Miss J but they never really used him as much as they could (that they showed) and they haven't focused on runway in the last few seasons (cause music videos are important). Nigel is meh. But shakeups can be good..maybe it'll become a better show, anything is possible.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Nigel I think is OK - but he was more interesting WITH the hair than without it last season. (Yes, I think he looked more handsome with the hair, not bald). I noticed he faded from the scene after Tyra shaved his hair off - I really think he may have been upset about it.

Miss Jay and Jay Manuel will definitely be the two that will be missed most from the show.

Tyra is though starting to make this show IMHO more about herself than the models. I mean - in previous seasons she tried to have her photo outshine the winner, she had a few seasons too she couldn't even be BOTHERED to take a photo with the winner (Whitney, McKey). Heck, Lisa's "Dream Come True" perfume photo IMHO is UGLY and I know she had to have had better shots than this (and yes, I think Lisa can shoot some lovely photos - her Cover Girl one is one of my faves from last season). This is why I sadly speculate a bit on who will be the winner this season than who should be.

Wow! I saw the title of this thread and I am in shock. Tyra is getting rid of the best thing about the show... the two J's. It should be interesting to see how the next season goes and who she gets to replace Mr. J, Ms. J, and Nigel. She can get anyone to be a judge, so replacing Nigel won't be that big of a deal. Replacing the other two is going to be the challenge.

I haven't really been watching the Brits vs. the USA cycle, none of the model wannabe's captured my attention. Is Ms. J even on the show this season? I don't recall seeing her much during the All Star season.

Tyra has finally, COMPLETELY lost her mind . . .

Janice got on my last good nerve (did NOT miss her when she left, BELIEVE me!), but both she and Paulina must be breaking a rib or two cracking up laughing over this news, right now.

Just like I stopped watching "The Talk" after they shuffled Leah (and, to a lesser degree, Holly) off to Buffalo, I am officially DONE with ANTM after this season.

SEE YA, FIVEHEAD!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Wow! I saw the title of this thread and I am in shock. Tyra is getting rid of the best thing about the show... the two J's. It should be interesting to see how the next season goes and who she gets to replace Mr. J, Ms. J, and Nigel. She can get anyone to be a judge, so replacing Nigel won't be that big of a deal. Replacing the other two is going to be the challenge.

I haven't really been watching the Brits vs. the USA cycle, none of the model wannabe's captured my attention. Is Ms. J even on the show this season? I don't recall seeing her much during the All Star season.
    Miss J , nope she hasn't been.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Ms. Jay - knows runway...when Tyra released the strings enough to actually let her do her job. I was always impressed when Ms. Jay got serious and showed us why she is a sought after instructor (and yes, I am aware that she is really a he but it is what she prefers so I'm going with it).

Mr. Jay - knows what sells in today's magazine/fashion industry. Again, he did his thing very well when Tyra let him. I can imagine it was incredibly frustrating for him being tied down like this.

Nigel - is an idiot. I have never liked him, he wishes he was a good photographer. However, even he is better than Tyra let him be.

Tyra is so full of herself that she can't let her own team shine because it may take the spotlight away from her. I know she can't technically be fired, my point was that she is what is broken about this show. Firing everybody isn't going to fix it. The only thing that will fix it is getting rid of her. I won't be watching. I wish a better modeling show would come along, I miss my pretty fix.
    I found it ironic when Mr Jay tells the models to behave in front of a camera in a certain way, Tyra contradicts him in the judging. When Mr. Jay raves about someone's photoshoot, that model is going to be creamed by Tyra. At the very least can the girl for "not wanting it bad enough" or to get them to cry when they're really not feeling it and when it's not warranted. It tells me that Tyra really doesn't know (for whatever reason) what sells, what's fashion or really what it takes anymore. (Sure, she was one of the supermodels but that was then, this is now.) Or is it that her ego is fragile that she just can't step to the side momentarially to respect both Jays expertise?

I wish I could have caught Mr. Jay's Canadian version of ANTM.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

And I'm still peeved that Raja got canned. That artist could turn a sow into a queen!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast