+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

News about the recently ousted Kyle. Looks like she'll be modeling maternity wear for her next gig.

'America's Next Top Model': Kyle Gober's pregnancy puts modeling on hold for a bit - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

thank goodness Seymone got axed, i thought she was distasteful time after time... team british is definitely gonna take this, Eboni is still too wishy washy and I'm losing interest in Laura. This weeks photoshoot was really cute, and I like that there's more runway.

Catherine is still my favorite, but I think its ultimately down to Alisha and Sophie.

Loved the photoshoot idea tonight - and honestly I think it was a teaser for next week as to where they're going (even though Hello Kitty and the other Sanrio characters are very popular here. )

I was surprised - in a good way - Catherine was called out third. I do agree with the top three photos and even Laura's as fourth. Was a bit surprised that Annaliese was near the bottom but now it's starting to get in tight competition. (And yes, the order of the top four I was happy with).

Was glad that Tyra stopped - at least this week, the back and forth on the countries being eliminated.

And was surprised that Seymone was in the bottom two - and more so eliminated. It wasn't a horrid photo to be put in the bottom two.

This doesn't mean that I'm disappointed in her being eliminated - I felt given her attitude in the challenge and the complaints about the outfit that it was justified. She was surly almost to the point of Brittany from Cycle 8 except she didn't go foul mouth and ballistic. Didn't like her attitude either in the final chat - I can understand disappointed but being a bit bossy and such about wanting to just go was a bit out of line. (I didn't see Louise's departure so I can't compare the two unfortunately).

Eboni is on borrowed time because many people I think thought she'd be eliminated. I do feel it now beats Lluvy's Pisces photo as the worst ANTM photo though. She really just stood there.

The other critiques I do have to admit I agree with - though am a bit confused with Tyra's of Sophie's face looking like a cat about to rip someone's face up. That was Alisha's by far (and yes, again, this is in a good way - that outfit looked a bit like a samauri outfit).

Seems to me that the brits are leaps and bounds ahead of the americans...it seems like the editing points to sophie and alisha being in the finals..with alisha winning?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Seems to me that the brits are leaps and bounds ahead of the americans...it seems like the editing points to sophie and alisha being in the finals..with alisha winning?
    The hints have been in articles the winner took her criticisms at panel well and worked with them and improved.

So, here's my speculation, in spoilers just because I don't want people to think it's a real spoiler being outed...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Going by this, the final three would be a combination of Catherine, Sophie and Alisha. These three have had consistent notes and critiques, and all three have either been close to the bottom (S and A have been in bottom three at least once) or in the bottom two (Catherine, though here it was more because of the runway than photo).

Annaliese is a sweet girl but she hasn't had a lot of critiques and worse, she tends to not follow them.

Laura has been nearly perfect all the time so this doesn't fit her.

Ebony would fit in this mix, but I think she's not going to win, and out of the two Americans, if Tyra takes this show seriously, Laura is the stronger of the two. To have Ebony win probably would just further hurt her show.

Personally, I'd love a combination of any of the three UK girls I listed particularly, but wouldn't be upset if Laura is one of the final two just because she would do very well in the areas listed

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    thank goodness Seymone got axed, i thought she was distasteful time after time... team British is definitely gonna take this, Eboni is still too wishy washy and I'm losing interest in Laura. This weeks photo shoot was really cute, and I like that there's more runway.

Catherine is still my favorite, but I think its ultimately down to Alisha and Sophie.
    I agree. I love Sophie on the runway, her photo wasn't good enough for runner up.I have lost interest in Laura, nothing really special about her.I saw Catherine on UK top model, she hasn't changed that much. She has beautiful skin, just beautiful.

I enjoyed the shoot, not sure some of the models did. The right one was sent home
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

if you guys have the chance, you should really look up the youtube channels of Annalise (MissAnnalieseDayes) and Catherine (MissCatherineThomas)

they review and give insight to each episode as they air! they talk about how things were different from what was shown and what really happened and stuff! its a lot of interesting tidbits from behind the scenes and stuff if youre curious!

if you guys have the chance, you should really look up the youtube channels of Annalise (MissAnnalieseDayes) and Catherine (MissCatherineThomas)

they review and give insight to each episode as they air! they talk about how things were different from what was shown and what really happened and stuff! its a lot of interesting tidbits from behind the scenes and stuff if youre curious!
    I will do that! thank you
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

I love that they show clips of the videos after the girls are eliminated...just makes me laugh.

I don't get the criticism of Annaliese's photo at all. It's just like Kelly has a hate-on for the girl.

I think Sophie has this in the bag. I think Laura will go far because she is the best candidate the US has at this point. I would like Catherine to round out the top 3, though I'd be fine with either of the other two Brits in there.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

If they are doing this then it screams to me that neither of them took the title...we all know what happened to angelea last cycle...

+ Reply to Thread